Guarantee Staterooms

VIRGINCRUISER1066

We booked a guarantee balcony cabin (BG) on Princess in January. We were notified in February of a free upgrade to a BA cabin and were assigned a balcony on the lido deck. At the same time, I also discovered that they were running a special promotion with lower pricing. I called and downgraded to a BD balcony, was able to pick a cabin of my choice and had the amount remaining due reduced by almost $700. All this occurred booking directly with Princess. I love their customer service!

Is this a Princess board now?

Hi,

We've booked a guarantee cabin for the first time on our first Cunard cruise, we were allocated a cabin almost immediately after booking, we booked a D5 and that's exactly what we got!!. My question is... Is this it, or could be upgraded before we go?? We have paid in full and departing 27th April.

Thanks

Hi Mike,

Not sure if you have read all posts, but I booked guarantee A7, as soon as VP was available (next day) it had assigned me a cabin (deck 4) which I was pleased with then approx 4 days later I checked again and had been assigned a cabin on deck 6...... I still keep checking...... Let me know how you get on.

Best regards

Jennie

I'm looking at a voyage but the grade I want is sold out. One thing I've learned here, mainly from people who guaranteed the dreaded A4s, is never to book anything one really doesn't want. One thing that I do have in my favor is living in New York - perhaps I can try the Captain's "standby" request in case of a late cancellation.

Our experience has been that, if we have been allocated a cabin soon after booking/paying for a guarantee grade, it has stayed that way (although I have heard of people who have received cabin changes a number of times before sailing). This occurred once with Cunard - but a number of times with other Carnival brand ships.

We have a short 5 nighter on QM2 coming up - but no cabin allocation as yet . It's a bit like the words of Forrest Gump. " life is like a box of chocolates…. you never know what you’re gonna get." :)

Barry

I'm looking at a voyage but the grade I want is sold out. One thing I've learned here, mainly from people who guaranteed the dreaded A4s, is never to book anything one really doesn't want. One thing that I do have in my favor is living in New York - perhaps I can try the Captain's "standby" request in case of a late cancellation.

Hi,

A4 whats wrong with them?? just interested in case I booked guarantee again.

Jennie

Barry:

I am still waiting and trying to stay under the radar.

I hope you are right and I will find a Turkish Delight in my box of chocs.:)

I am six weeks post booking but final payment is tomorrow. Then the chips will hit the fan I guess. :D

Hi, A4 whats wrong with them??..

On QM2 these come with a delightful eye level view of a bright orange life boat. Most would consider it a nice upgrade from an inside or C stateroom, but not something that I would want to pay for. And those who prefer the sheltered B in-hull balconies seldom consider these a good trade.

A4's on QM2 are a completely different ball game to that on the QE/QV.

As mentioned on a previous post, on QM2 they're obstructed (some quite badly) by the lifeboats.

On QV/QE they're fine as have plexiglass and are not obstructed. They are slightly lower decks but that's fine.

We've just booked a short trip on QV on an A7 gty basis and have had an A4 assigned so not unhappy.

Hi Mike,

Not sure if you have read all posts, but I booked guarantee A7, as soon as VP was available (next day) it had assigned me a cabin (deck 4) which I was pleased with then approx 4 days later I checked again and had been assigned a cabin on deck 6...... I still keep checking...... Let me know how you get on.

Thanks very much, I look at the VP everyday to see if we've moved but alas nothing yet!! I will let you know if the upgrade fairy smiles on me...

If anyone from Cunard is reading - a window would be fine:):)

• 3 weeks later...

Well finally, I looked today (as I do every day) and the assigned cabin has been changed and we have been upgraded to a window. All the paper work had arrived with luggage tags and everything so I just assumed it wouldn't happen - but it did:):) We love Cunard!!

I have booked a guarante A4 cabin on QM2 withouth realising they had obstructed views. Everything went very fast with the booking and I thought it was a deluxe balcony. After reading those boards I have the hope of an upgrade. Lets see....

I have B-4 guarantee. I am surprised that we have not been assigned anything yet for the June 10 TA. I keep telling myself this is because Cunard wants me to LOVE cruising with them and plans on giving me a super upgrade. :D

I have booked a guarante A4 cabin on QM2 withouth realising they had obstructed views. Everything went very fast with the booking and I thought it was a deluxe balcony. After reading those boards I have the hope of an upgrade. Lets see....

Hi travelberlin. I've been tempted to book A4 catgory when the I saw a very attractive rate - especially knowing that any upgrade would be a grade above A4. To make a long story even longer, I never booked an A4 category, but on my voyage last January, before disembarkation, I had a quick look at A4 cabins. Quite frankly, I was suprised: the cabins looked nice, filled with more natural light than B category cabins. Just to suggest that you might be pleased with A4 (especially if you booked at an attractive rate).

Whatever cabin you are assigned, I hope you have a wonderful time on the ocean. Nothing like breathing that salt sea air and seeing the ocean meet the sky! Best wishes, S.

Hi travelberlin. I've been tempted to book A4 catgory when the I saw a very attractive rate - especially knowing that any upgrade would be a grade above A4. To make a long story even longer, I never booked an A4 category, but on my voyage last January, before disembarkation, I had a quick look at A4 cabins. Quite frankly, I was suprised: the cabins looked nice, filled with more natural light than B category cabins. Just to suggest that you might be pleased with A4 (especially if you booked at an attractive rate).

Whatever cabin you are assigned, I hope you have a wonderful time on the ocean. Nothing like breathing that salt sea air and seeing the ocean meet the sky! Best wishes, S.

Thank you very much for your good wishes. I am very much looking forward to this cruise. It will be interesting since it is the first time for us with Cunard.

Archived