De Palm Island?

Summer Lovin

http://online.depalmtours.com/

De Palm Island By Bus Full Day

De Palm Island is Aruba's only all-inclusive destination at an affordable all-inclusive price. Whether you are a family looking for a day of fun and adventure together or a couple seeking to escape the hustle and bustle of the busy hotel area for some relaxation and pampering, this island offers something for everyone! Enjoy your hassle-free round-trip transportation to De Palm Island with our luxury, air-conditioned buses. After a short ferry-ride you will arrive on the island where you can enjoy your all-inclusive stay.

Here's what's included: All you can eat buffet (featuring local and Caribbean fare) and snacks from the grill plus open bar (soft drinks, premium beer and cocktails).

Also included: use of beaches and palapas, snorkeling, snorkeling equipment and guided snorkeling tours, free banana boat rides, use of the Blue Parrot water park and you are welcome to participate in daily free salsa classes and activities such as beach volleyball or table tennis.

Upgrades are also available to include optional activities at an additional cost.

Upgrades:

-Sea Trek® Underwater Helmet Walk where you will be walking 20 feet below the surface.

-SNUBA®: go beyond snorkeling and breathe underwater without heavy, restrictive dive gear.

-Spa treatments right on the beach.

Price

$ 119.00 each (Adult 13 and up )

$ 89.00 each (Child 6 to 12)

Inclusions

All-inclusive full day stay on De Palm Island includes round-trip transportation from your hotel, use of facilities such as: water park, snorkeling & snorkeling equipment, beaches & palapas, banana boat rides, guided snorkel tours and all you can eat buffet, or food off the grill and open bar with cocktails, beer or soft drinks.

Duration

Approximately 7 hours

Time & Location

Delivery by bus at De Palm Island at approximately 10:00 AM. Please confirm the exact pickup time from your hotel with the De Palm Tours Desk in your hotel.

Available

Daily

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! We did De Palm Island last March with our 6-year-old daughter through Celebrity and it was AMAZING. The day we were there was nice and warm but a little cloudy, it was perfect. We got there early before anything really opened (esp the waterpark) but we went to the beach area and got chairs without a problem. The beach is a little seaweed/rocky so you might want to bring water shoes. The waterpark was great and the whole island is really nice. The food was okay (very basic burgers/dogs) but the drinks were good (and non alcohol is free). We loved it!

Hope this helps.

~Amanda

• 4 weeks later...

Is there anyway to find out what food is being served? I have a child that must eat gluten free. We are going to go through the Carnival website to book the DePalm island and snorkel excursion and it includes food/drinks.

Thanks!

We are travelling with a few older people and I'm wondering if there are any shaded spots and chairs on De Palm for them to rest in? They like to swim, but otherwise want to be in the shade.

Also, I did get a response about the gluten free. They label the items on the buffet as gluten or gluten free. So that is great!

Originally Posted by Scuba's Wife:

We are travelling with a few older people and I'm wondering if there are any shaded spots and chairs on De Palm for them to rest in? They like to swim, but otherwise want to be in the shade.

Lots of shady spots with chairs to sit in. :)

The only time I get in the sun is when I'm in the water. Having comfortable places to sit in the shade with a nice view is one of the things I like best about De Palm Island.

LuLu

~~~~

Edited by OCruisers

[

The only time I get in the sun is when I'm in the water. Having comfortable places to sit in the shade with a nice view is one of the things I like best about De Palm Island.

LuLu

~~~~

Thank you so much for replying. It sounds like it will be perfect for them!

[

LuLu

~~~~

Thank you so much for replying. It sounds like it will be perfect for them!

When you get there, make sure you go right to one of the shady spots immediately, and claim your spot. They can get filled up quickly.

Actually, we've never had a problem finding a place to sit in the shade ... but there are just the two of us.

Also, there are tables & straight chairs in both covered areas where food/drinks are served.

LuLu

~~~~

• 2 weeks later...
My wife and I have done the helmet dive in Grand Cayman some time ago. My wife doesn't swim, but she loved this. As you said the helmet weighs about 70 lbs. When you walk down the steps they put the helmet on your shoulders as you enter the water. This weight is what allows you to continue to walk down to the ocean floor. It gives you neutral buoyancy and let you walk freely at the bottom. Quite a great experience. Where we went, there was a reef area that was cordoned off. There were scuba divers that worked with the company watching the people on the ocean floor. At a certain point they started feeding the fish and we were surrounded by thousands of fish. It was an incredible experience. Walking on the sea floor like that has been likened to walking on the moon. To your initial concern, as you walk back up the steps, they simply lift the helmet off your shoulder as your head breaks through the water line. You never feel any weight on your shoulders. After this my wife was so enthusiastic that she thought it would be nice to try scuba diving, I had to remind her that to go scuba diving you have to be able to swim. Scuba diving is great, if you cant sucba dive this was pretty good (IMO). I love everything the ocean has to show us. Have a good time.

Hope this helps

Ian

Does your wife not swim at ALL, or does she just not like to?

I am not much of a swimmer, in and of itself I find it BORING, but I love SCUBA diving. If she is curious, she can try SNUBA, which places the tank on a raft instead of your back (and no certification required).

Glad to hear this.Our group of 13 (youngest is 19) want to go because we all plan to do the helmet dive. Not really looking for the typical water park adventure. :)

We are interested in the helmet dive.

Did you do it?

Can you tell me about this tour?

Did you do this through the cruiseline?

http://online.depalmtours.com/

De Palm Island By Bus Full Day

De Palm Island is Aruba's only all-inclusive destination at an affordable all-inclusive price. Whether you are a family looking for a day of fun and adventure together or a couple seeking to escape the hustle and bustle of the busy hotel area for some relaxation and pampering, this island offers something for everyone! Enjoy your hassle-free round-trip transportation to De Palm Island with our luxury, air-conditioned buses. After a short ferry-ride you will arrive on the island where you can enjoy your all-inclusive stay.

Here's what's included: All you can eat buffet (featuring local and Caribbean fare) and snacks from the grill plus open bar (soft drinks, premium beer and cocktails).

Also included: use of beaches and palapas, snorkeling, snorkeling equipment and guided snorkeling tours, free banana boat rides, use of the Blue Parrot water park and you are welcome to participate in daily free salsa classes and activities such as beach volleyball or table tennis.

Upgrades are also available to include optional activities at an additional cost.

Upgrades:

-Sea Trek® Underwater Helmet Walk where you will be walking 20 feet below the surface.

-SNUBA®: go beyond snorkeling and breathe underwater without heavy, restrictive dive gear.

-Spa treatments right on the beach.

Price

$ 119.00 each (Adult 13 and up )

$ 89.00 each (Child 6 to 12)

Inclusions

All-inclusive full day stay on De Palm Island includes round-trip transportation from your hotel, use of facilities such as: water park, snorkeling & snorkeling equipment, beaches & palapas, banana boat rides, guided snorkel tours and all you can eat buffet, or food off the grill and open bar with cocktails, beer or soft drinks.

Duration

Approximately 7 hours

Time & Location

Delivery by bus at De Palm Island at approximately 10:00 AM. Please confirm the exact pickup time from your hotel with the De Palm Tours Desk in your hotel.

Available

Daily

We will be in Aruba January 1, 2014. We stores, markets be open January 1.

Princess excursion is beach & meal for $79 for 4.5 hours. The beach, meal, helment dive is $139 for 4.5 hours.

Can you decide to book the helment dive once we are there or must it be prebooked? I am wondering if we can decide to do the dive, when we are there as their site shows $48/adult for the same dive that Princess charges $60 which is included in the beach, meal, helment dive for $139.

Edited by phabric

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I wanted to ask if the restriction for cruise passengers to purchase through their respective line was still in effect. I looked all over the De Palm website (including the FAQ) and didn't see anything stating I had to purchase through the cruise. Can anyone confirm or refute this? Thanks.

I wanted to ask if the restriction for cruise passengers to purchase through their respective line was still in effect. I looked all over the De Palm website (including the FAQ) and didn't see anything stating I had to purchase through the cruise. Can anyone confirm or refute this? Thanks.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You do not have to purchase it through the cruise line ... but it's the easiest way. :)

LuLu

• 1 month later...