Cup or mug???????

BMT

IS IT A CUP OR IS IT A MUG?:D

We had a fun debate on our recent Jade cruise. In the 'Push'n'Shove' they now have coffee cups, with a few mugs thrown in for

good measure. But no saucers:confused:.

Now, Europeans believe that a cup should be used with a saucer. It is somewhere to place your teaspoon (and teabag). It was a mystery to many of us searching for saucers until the truth emerged.

NCL believes that these 'cups' ARE mugs - (I have a Bridge I can sell them!!). A fine Englishman complained that the lack of saucer had caused drips on his white pants. A canny guy from Holland called for a saucer and the cup/mug fitted perfectly, whereas the mug wobbled about on the saucer.

We found it strange drinking out of a cup without a saucer. However, Gary the CD did supply saucers at his coffee morning. And when I purchased a cappucino elsewhere, lo and behold it arrived complete with saucer.

All very odd. I hope that when anyone reading this next sails on NCL, they will return and give their opinion. Perhaps it is a cost-cutting exercise.:(

Hopefully, they will continue to supply knives and forks.

Unfortunately, I neglected to take photos.

Cup :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZvmi2oLuQiHPgJjEHQeabLYACtWJ_f9rwbDA39QULqn8Kyul7FQ

Mug :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAhDaLLMn2J2-w-p4tqoIXC79FJME8LznmQUcp2qus9i7vx3qY

Ah, but NCL insist the cup (similar to that demonstrated in your photo) is, in fact, a mug and does NOT require a saucer!!:D

If someone is going on board soon, perhaps they will take some photos.

You say its a cup, I say its a cup, but NCL doesn't agree.

In fact, when is a cup, not a cup? When its an NCL mug!! :D:D:D

Based on my friends and relatives, cups are from a bygone era. Very few people use cups anymore. When they do, I suppose saucers should be used. However, for the most part, mugs have taken over. What to do about a tea bag and/or teaspoon? I have no idea because my solution is to NEVER drink tea, just coffee. Just my two cents (and it might not even be worth that much.)

Archived