Booked Our First Princess Cruise

beachsands

I just booked our first cruise on the Coral Princess to the Panama Canal over Thanksgiving. Previously we have cruised on Royal Caribbean only so I have a lot of upcoming questions.

Does Princess send you luggage tags or do you just use your own tags?

If they do give you tags, do they send them out automatically or must you request them at some point leading up to the cruise?

Joel

I just booked our first cruise on the Coral Princess to the Panama Canal over Thanksgiving. Previously we have cruised on Royal Caribbean only so I have a lot of upcoming questions.

If they do give you tags, do they send them out automatically or must you request them at some point leading up to the cruise?

Joel

You will need to print your own tags through your personalizer. If you don't want to or can't do that, the porters at the pier will have blanks and you can fill them out there.

Welcome to Princess!

Don't forget to log on to the Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website. That's where you will need to fill in your immigration form and where you will find your documents and luggage tags when they are ready to print. If you have an agent, and are not able or willing to do this, they may do it for you.

Have a great cruise!:)

Joel

The luggage tags and your boarding pass become available on the cruise personalizer after the booking has been paid in total (i.e. final payment made). Luggage tags are provided as a .pdf file which must be printed out, folded and stapled around a handle on your luggage. Use clear packing tape as an inexpensive way to "laminate" the tag and make it sturdier.

Welcome to Princess! You've chosen a cruise that can be truly magical !

Welcome to Princess!

Don't forget to log on to the Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website. That's where you will need to fill in your immigration form and where you will find your documents and luggage tags when they are ready to print. If you have an agent, and are not able or willing to do this, they may do it for you.

Have a great cruise!:)

Do you need to create an account on the Princess web site to create your own Personalizer? At what time can this be done?

Thanks for the info.

~~Joel~~

The luggage tags and your boarding pass become available on the cruise personalizer after the booking has been paid in total (i.e. final payment made). Luggage tags are provided as a .pdf file which must be printed out, folded and stapled around a handle on your luggage. Use clear packing tape as an inexpensive way to "laminate" the tag and make it sturdier.

Welcome to Princess! You've chosen a cruise that can be truly magical !

I haven't sailed Princess since 1999 but just booked the Canal for January 2013 on the Island Princess. I created an ID with my old Princess number and when I logged in, there was my cruise - magic!

I would think that if you create an login and then enter your booking number, you should be good.

Do you need to create an account on the Princess web site to create your own Personalizer? At what time can this be done?

Thanks for the info.

~~Joel~~

I don't believe that you have to actually create an account on princess.com to access the Personalizer, but you should at some point, because it gives you an extra point of access to the Personalizer if you don't have your booking number handy (or if your browser doesn't remember it).

You do not need to create an account to access the Personalizer. With you name and booking number, you can access all your booking information, your documents, and make reservations for shore excursions, spa appointments, etc. You will also find PDF documents, such as the excursion brochure for your cruise, and the Cruise Answer Book containing everything you need to know about cruising with Princess.

If you create an account, you will have access to the Princess Circle Account, which doesn't mean a lot now, but after your first cruise, you will automatically be a "gold" member, and will be entitled to any past-passenger discounts if available, for future cruises with Princess. If you accumulate any on-board credits as a member, you will find them listed here. This is just a summary; go to princess.com to read all about their Circle program.

Thanks for the info.

~~Joel~~

You don't have to create an account unless you want to. If you don't create an account, you can log on via this link:

https://book.princess.com/cruisepersonalizer/login.page?company=PC

Archived