2 questions from a azamara newbie

rienreiter

Hello:

I have 2 questions regarding Azamara as I've never sailed on them. Any help from you Azamara vets is greatly appreciated.

1) Do the Quest and Journey have separate sauna and steam facilities or are they coed?

2) If you are traveling solo, can you be seated with other diners for dinner? I'm kind of hesitant as this my first time sailing solo on a ship where dinner time is all open.

Thanks!

Hello:

I have 2 questions regarding Azamara as I've never sailed on them. Any help from you Azamara vets is greatly appreciated.

1) Do the Quest and Journey have separate sauna and steam facilities or are they coed?

2) If you are traveling solo, can you be seated with other diners for dinner? I'm kind of hesitant as this my first time sailing solo on a ship where dinner time is all open.

Thanks!

I can't answer the first point.

But regarding point 2 - of course you can and you will be welcomed! As it is open seating you can sit with different people every night and have a great time.

Reinreiter,

I'm sorry that I can't answer your first question. I did use the fitness center but not the sauna or steam room.

As to your second question. There are tables for two that you could be accommodated at if you wish to dine alone in the MDR and the specialty restaurants. I'd imagine there are also tables for 2 in Windows but most of the seating is at larger tables. If you wish to dine with new friends join the Roll Call and before you board you will have met participants who you will see often on the ship. By participating in the Meet and Mingle you will have a chance to be with your Cruise Critic friends in an informal and congenial setting.

Enjoy your cruise.

I can confirm the steam rooms and sauna are separate which is a big plus in my mind

As regards dining you will have friends on Azamara within a very short time, it is the most sociable line ever. You have heard already you will be asked each evening when arriving to dine if you want to join a group - these are often very lively tables.

Keep your eye out also, the cruise director often hosts a lunch or dinner that is advertised in the daily pursuits for solos which is a good icebreaker. Shore excursions and taking part in events such as trivia also brings people together.

Enjoy!!!!

As regards dining you will have friends on Azamara within a very short time, it is the most sociable line ever. You have heard already you will be asked each evening when arriving to dine if you want to join a group - these are often very lively tables.

Agreed--large tables are an excellent way to meet new people and there's always a good and friendly variety. I really like mixing up my evenings--sometimes just a table for two, sometimes a table with friends (including those made on board) and sometimes throwing in my lot with a big table of strangers. They don't stay strangers for long!

Journey, Oct 2010: Separate steam rooms in the locker rooms which no one seems to mention in any of the brochures. Very pleasant, very underused, and you are two steps away from a really nice pair of spa showers with as much smelly shower-spa goop as you could wish for. (Also a humongous number of really fat towels to use, to the point that I started feeling guilty) If they have a sauna, it's probably hidden somewhere in the engine room. Alas, no sauna that I could find. Dining room is open seating, when and where you wish to sit. They have large tables, and small tables. I found that the best place to meet people was right here, on cruise critic. Start chatting it up on the Roll Call site. Our first cruise, we had instant friends before we even got on the bus that took us to embarkation pier (and also met some folks I wouldn't want to be within 10 feet of...).

Enjoy yourself. No matter how much you read here, you cannot begin to imagine how amazing this cruise line actually is.

David

Hello David:

Thank you so much for your very valuable information. I am really looking forward to my first time on Azamara and I am now not concerned about the dining room anymore. And thank you for the information on the steam room!

Archived