Captain Coward at home

Purples

FYI every Jew is a citizen of Israel.

I take offense at the term you used. Sorry but it should be Every Jewish person is a citizen of Israel. I had friends who were in Dachau and Auschwitz and they found the term you used as derogatory.

Not meaning to be offensive or argumentative but it is almost a dirty word in my opinion. I saw how badly it hurt our dear friends the one and only time I used it when speaking to them about the Jewish people.

Joanie

An Italian captain under house arrest and a British citizen extradicted to the US and imprisoned in Texas with no trial date set for allegedly supplying car batteries to Iran (that could arguably be destined for missiles).

I bet if the Concordia had sunk in US waters the captain would be on death row now!

No apology will be coming from me.

Read the facts about Mr Christopher Tappin who is in the Otero County prison having been refused bail. A 65 year old grandfather with a walking stick is considered a flight threat!

As for your claim about tax evasion I was referring to tax avoidance. Cruises companies are doing this every day through the tipping system.

If you continue with your abuse towards me I will consider reporting you to the moderators.

There is no Otero County in Texas. Otero County is in New Mexico, close to the Texas border but NOT in Texas. So, your Mr. Tappin is in a New Mexico prison, not a Texas one.

IRL I'm a 61 yrs old Jew who only new my direct family for the same reason.

You wanna take care what you say, lest you have the self appointed PC police on your case for not calling yourself a Jewish Person.

You wanna take care what you say, lest you have the self appointed PC police on your case for not calling yourself a Jewish Person.

Ain't that the truth . . . some people will find denigrating language in just about everything.:(

Just read this from another site

The captain of the Italian cruise ship the Costa Concordia, is reportedly set to write a tell-all book.

Francesco Schettino, the captain of the Italian cruise ship the Costa Concordia, is reportedly set to write a tell-all book.

Sky News in Australia revealed that Italian newspaper La Stampa uncovered the plans for the new book.

According to the reports, the Costa Concordia captain's book is set to chronicle the disaster, the role of his crew and his relationship with his onboard girlfriend.

Schettino is currently under house arrest in Naples as he awaits trial for a number of charges related to the Costa Concordia crash that saw 32 passengers killed.

The cruise ship captain is charged with abandoning his ship, causing a shipwreck and most seriously of all, manslaughter.

Despite the severity of these charges, Schettino has so far denied all responsibility for the crash, arguing that he followed orders to the letter-of-the-law in passing the island of Giglio.

The book deal has reportedly been agreed with a US publishing company with the Italian set to provide details of his relationship with a young Moldavian dancer who he met on the cruise.

Last month, the woman came forward as one Dominica Cemortan, who revealed the pair would have shared a night of passion had it not been for the events that occurred.

Im flabbergasted !!!

The thread is still here.

And why should he address anything that is said at this board?

Well, I can see your point about normal silly posts on line, but it seems to me reading this kind of a post about a major casuality with a $500 million dollar vessel and 4000 lives would at least warrent a email or phone call to the office to make sure its wrong........:confused:

This further makes a possible cruiser wonder just how he runs his company IMHO.............AKK

Well' date=' I can see your point about normal silly posts on line, but it seems to me reading this kind of a post about a major casuality with a $500 million dollar vessel and 4000 lives would at least warrent a email or phone call to the office to make sure its wrong........:confused:

This further makes a possible cruiser wonder just how he runs his company IMHO.............AKK[/quote']

He is the head of a corporation that has many cruise lines under the Carnival Corporation name. I can imagine that he has many lawyers that advise him on what to do in every possible situation that arises. Was the CEO of Costa - Maurice Zarmati present in Italy? Wouldn't he be the one to be questioned? Or are we of the opinion that the buck stops at the top?

Posting about this tragedy is one thing. People are interested in talking about it and wondering how the cruising experience can be made safer. People want to know all the details.

I am sure that many a phone call went back and forth in dealing with this capsized ship, the captain that created the loss of lives, personal property and a 500 million dollar ship. The public is just not privy to information that reports how many phone calls, emails or meetings might have taken place since Jan.

I am also pretty sure that MA didn't call the captain up directly and state, run the ship aground. Let's hold the people responsible who caused this accident, abandoned the ship and left the crew to deal with the terrified passengers.

As a past and future cruiser, when booking my cruise, I never gave it a thought how MA or any other CEO of a cruise corporation ran their corporation. When I stay at a hotel, I never gave it a thought how the CEO ran their corporation. I didn't check into the corporations stock nor how any of them lived their personal life. I checked the ship out, prices and reviews at various boards. I spoke with past cruisers about their experiences on any of the cruise ships.

He is the head of a corporation that has many cruise lines under the Carnival Corporation name. I can imagine that he has many lawyers that advise him on what to do in every possible situation that arises. Was the CEO of Costa - Maurice Zarmati present in Italy? Wouldn't he be the one to be questioned? Or are we of the opinion that the buck stops at the top?

Posting about this tragedy is one thing. People are interested in talking about it and wondering how the cruising experience can be made safer. People want to know all the details.

I am sure that many a phone call went back and forth in dealing with this capsized ship, the captain that created the loss of lives, personal property and a 500 million dollar ship. The public is just not privy to information that reports how many phone calls, emails or meetings might have taken place since Jan.

I am also pretty sure that MA didn't call the captain up directly and state, run the ship aground. Let's hold the people responsible who caused this accident, abandoned the ship and left the crew to deal with the terrified passengers.

As a past and future cruiser, when booking my cruise, I never gave it a thought how MA or any other CEO of a cruise corporation ran their corporation. When I stay at a hotel, I never gave it a thought how the CEO ran their corporation. I didn't check into the corporations stock nor how any of them lived their personal life. I checked the ship out, prices and reviews at various boards. I spoke with past cruisers about their experiences on any of the cruise ships.

Well we have a very different point of view.........while your post has some merit,you still didn't answer why a CEO of a multi line major corporation had to find out about by any standards is a major lose of property and some 32 lifes for which his company has responsibly for!

No one in this chain of command thought to call Arison when a accident that could and may yet cause the corporation miilions of not a billion in losses, damages and income?

Quite frankly if my firm had a problem like this, in the same scale (as that it would effect my company in the same way).........and I had to find out about it from online...........there would be heads rolling.

Sorry, but I repeat, after reading and hearing about the way Costa and carnival have reacted to this casualty.......I will give a great deal of though about just what the hell was carnival thinking and how they are operating thier ships and lines.

We will have to agree to disagree.

AKK

Well we have a very different point of view.........while your post has some merit' date='you still didn't answer why a CEO of a multi line major corporation had to find out about by any standards is a major lose of property and some 32 lifes for which his company has responsibly for!

No one in this chain of command thought to call Arison when a accident that could and may yet cause the corporation miilions of not a billion in losses, damages and income?

Quite frankly if my firm had a problem like this, in the same scale (as that it would effect my company in the same way).........and I had to find out about it from online...........there would be heads rolling.

Sorry, but I repeat, after reading and hearing about the way Costa and carnival have reacted to this casualty.......I will give a great deal of though about just what the hell was carnival thinking and how they are operating thier ships and lines.

We will have to agree to disagree.

AKK[/quote']

Do you have a link to this info that you posted that MA found out about the Concordia capsizing just through his twitter? Or did he find out about the captain jumping ship through the twitter?

Again, we do not know for a fact how anyone in the background has handled the situation, we only know what has been reported. What if someone were to twitter that they saw MA crying at the news that the Concordia capsized and killed 32+ passengers and that her captain jumped ship? How would people be reacting?

I am going to wait and see how it is played out in the end before I make judgement on the CEO of the holding corporation. How did the Costa executives handle the situation? How are they handling the lawsuits, the captain and the crews behaviour?

I will agree that we disagree. Have a good day!

Do you have a link to this info that you posted that MA found out about the Concordia capsizing just through his twitter? Or did he find out about the captain jumping ship through the twitter?

Here is the article that outlines how Mickey Arirson found out about the Concordia sinking via Twitter.

Micky Arison on Costa Concordia accident: “I am very sorry it happened.”

In his first interview since the accident, Carnival Corp.’s Micky Arison expressed sorrow about the Costa Concordia tragedy

Micky Arison learned of the disaster aboard one of his company’s ships in January the way many of the rest of us did: via social networking.

In his first interview since the Jan. 13 wreck of the Costa Concordia in Italy, the chairman and CEO of Carnival Corp. — which owns the Costa brand — told The Miami Herald that he was in the Caribbean island of St. Bart’s when he saw mention of an accident on Twitter.

Also on the second page of the article is an interesting note about Costa bookings. The drop is much worse than the 35% that was previously announced.

Costa’s bookings in the months after the incident plunged by 80-90 percent compared to the previous year. For the past three weeks, that number improved somewhat, coming in at 40-50 percent lower than a year earlier though the company did no marketing, executives said Friday in the earnings call.

Here is the article that outlines how Mickey Arirson found out about the Concordia sinking via Twitter.

Micky Arison on Costa Concordia accident: “I am very sorry it happened.”

In his first interview since the accident, Carnival Corp.’s Micky Arison expressed sorrow about the Costa Concordia tragedy

Micky Arison learned of the disaster aboard one of his company’s ships in January the way many of the rest of us did: via social networking.

In his first interview since the Jan. 13 wreck of the Costa Concordia in Italy, the chairman and CEO of Carnival Corp. — which owns the Costa brand — told The Miami Herald that he was in the Caribbean island of St. Bart’s when he saw mention of an accident on Twitter.

Also on the second page of the article is an interesting note about Costa bookings. The drop is much worse than the 35% that was previously announced.

Costa’s bookings in the months after the incident plunged by 80-90 percent compared to the previous year. For the past three weeks, that number improved somewhat, coming in at 40-50 percent lower than a year earlier though the company did no marketing, executives said Friday in the earnings call.

Thank You for the link. This is why I usually request a link because everyone including me, posts the part of the statement which will reinforce their opinion on any given matter.

"Micky Arison learned of the disaster aboard one of his company’s ships in January the way many of the rest of us did: via social networking."

Regarding this statement, isn't it possible that a passenger place a message on a social network and it ballooned from there? Look at the You Tube Videos that came out so quick.

I would hope that Costa executives were alerted ASAP in order to handle the immediate needs of those affected by the capsizing of the Concordia. I fully understand that things didn't happen as quick as everyone would have like but I do not think that MA should have been the first to be alerted. A phone call after actions were put into place certainly, but, IMO by then twitter/facebook was already spreading the word. The article does state that as soon as he learned of this accident, he emailed Costa Crociere chairman and CEO Pier Luigi Foschi, who was on a ship in the Caribbean. I have no idea why cell phones were not used, maybe they were and messages left. Maybe it is an understanding that things get put in an email so that there is a paper trial, don't know.

I want more facts. I do feel sorry for those who have booked a Costa cruise and have tried to post about them or ask questions. It seems that the only thing that can be discussed on the Costa topic is the Concordia.

For those who have booked a cruise with Costa, I hope you can enjoy your cruise.

Thank You for the link. This is why I usually request a link because everyone including me, posts the part of the statement which will reinforce their opinion on any given matter.

"Micky Arison learned of the disaster aboard one of his company’s ships in January the way many of the rest of us did: via social networking."

Regarding this statement, isn't it possible that a passenger place a message on a social network and it ballooned from there? Look at the You Tube Videos that came out so quick.

I would hope that Costa executives were alerted ASAP in order to handle the immediate needs of those affected by the capsizing of the Concordia. I fully understand that things didn't happen as quick as everyone would have like but I do not think that MA should have been the first to be alerted. A phone call after actions were put into place certainly, but, IMO by then twitter/facebook was already spreading the word. The article does state that as soon as he learned of this accident, he emailed Costa Crociere chairman and CEO Pier Luigi Foschi, who was on a ship in the Caribbean. I have no idea why cell phones were not used, maybe they were and messages left. Maybe it is an understanding that things get put in an email so that there is a paper trial, don't know.

I want more facts. I do feel sorry for those who have booked a Costa cruise and have tried to post about them or ask questions. It seems that the only thing that can be discussed on the Costa topic is the Concordia.

For those who have booked a cruise with Costa, I hope you can enjoy your cruise.

Excellent Objective Post. I think many of us forget at times that in this "Trial by Forum" method that has become so popular here, it has completely overtaken the Costa cruisers forum.

Archived