Bon Voyage Gifts--Price Increases!

This was an awesome tip! We were looking at the Ocean Pals for our two boys this past weekend and they were $30 (crazy for 5 little plush toys) anyhow, they were $9.95 when I just went back to look. We just ordered a set for each of them (2 and 4, they don't share well).

I mean I almost feel like I was looking at the wrong price this weekend. It couldn't have really been $30? Anyhow, your post got me to take another look and order, so thank you. They are really into sea creatures.

Joe

Thanks for the tip - I usually like to get a beach towel on vacation - is $19.95 good price or would I get a better deal on ship or at one of our stops (Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau)? Thank you!

How late can we order.

We sail on Sunday!

I believe they cut off Bon Voyage orders 72 hours before sailing. Your best bet is to call Carnival and find out. I believe that many of the Bon Voyage items are available in the Formalities shop, as well as the Gift Shop - definitely check there as well.

FYI:

There are a few bargains in the Bon Voyage Gift Dept. today!

There are also many items with INCREASED PRICES :mad:

Sigh..........................

Thanks for the info. I went online and bought myself a shirt, tote bag and visor combo for $9.95 :D, my husband the windbreaker jacket for $14.95 :D and 4 sets of drink coupons, regular price but hey, I was in the shopping mood ;)

Thanks for the tip!! I too ordered a set of the Ocean Pals for our youngest 2 kids. I had liked them before but didn't want to pay the previous price. I appreciate you passing the info along!

Thank you SO MUCH for this tip ! We are taking some friends of ours on their first cruise and it so happens that they are expecting their first baby. I was looking at the sea creatures but couldn't justify the $30. Im so glad that I waited and SO glad that I saw your post ! I ordered them for their baby as well as two of my kids who I will be leaving at home when we cruise next week. Got the pink set for one of my older daughters - 3 souvenirs down and we havent even left yet !

So glad to see some of you are getting some good deals on their otherwise not so great prices :o I can't take the credit in whole for this notice, however, as I found out about the sale in another post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1589100 and after going to look did notice the price increases, as well as the sale items.

I am hoping this will also usher in some different merchandise in the future. It has been mostly the same stuff for several years! I think they would sell more of it if they gave more choices, but maybe they did previously and didn't find it profitable enough :confused:

How late can we order.

We sail on Sunday!

follow up below.

I believe they cut off Bon Voyage orders 72 hours before sailing. Your best bet is to call Carnival and find out. I believe that many of the Bon Voyage items are available in the Formalities shop, as well as the Gift Shop - definitely check there as well.

You were correct ChefSusan. I tried it online and it would not take the order. SO, I called. Was on hold for about 20 minutes but they said sure you can order now. Got the Pals for our Granddaughter, Pink Gear (9.95 Visor, shirt and bag) for Renee, and Fun pack with T-shirt, cap and sling bag for 14.95.

Thanks OP for the heads up.

I have 2 other Carnival visors that I bought from BV dept. first was like $14.95 then saw it on sale last cruise for $4.95. Both the same and really good quality.

How late can we order.

We sail on Sunday!

The disclaimer in the Bon Voyage gifts section states that orders must be placed a minimum of 1 week prior to sailing, sorry BigDfromTN :(. Maybe try an order and see if it goes through anyway?

Ha.....saw you got it handled! Great for you! Enjoy your cruise!

I just tried to place an order but it said invalid booking and cabin number. Is that because I'm not yet paid in full. We don't cruise until July.

It is not because you are not paid in full. Double check your booking number and cabin number. Otherwise call them at the number provided. Good luck!

Not sailing until Nov.' date=' is it to early to place an order?

Thankyou[/quote']

It is not to early to order, as long as you have the booking number, etc... you can place your order. If you do not have a cabin number yet, you should call them at the number listed to place your order. Enjoy your cruise!

We bought these last year for the $30. We were really surprised how big they were. We expected them to be like beanie baby size, but they were much bigger. We just ordered another set-our grandson 6 months-- loves the turtle. Buying another set in case something happens to the turtle. We are giving him one after each cruise we go on. That way I don't have to search for something for him!!

It's not too early to order for November :)

I didn't think $30 was too much for the 5 beanie toys. Thanks for the deal! I started to buy just one then changed to two and decided to give them as birthday gifts in August to my niece and nephew who will be turning 1 and 2 a day a part. (not siblings, 1st cousins :p) I went ahead and ordered our bon voyage cake while I was logged in.

I actually got my confirmation email from Carnival BEFORE the green bar on the computer screen confirming the transaction went thru was completed! :rolleyes:

thanks for the tip! i ended up buying myself a pink shirt, tote and visor. it'll be a great surprise because I will more than likely forget I ordered it by the time I sail. i had no idea they had sales!

Archived