Queen Victoria Night Club - Hemispheres

SavvyCruiserNJ

Aboard Queen Victoria - Do they play any fun disco /dance music in the Hemispheres night club?

Or is it geared towards a much older crowd? (it has been 40 years since the 70s Disco craze right?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Aboard Queen Victoria - Do they play any fun disco /dance music in the Hemispheres night club?

Or is it geared towards a much older crowd? (it has been 40 years since the 70s Disco craze right?)

Last time we were on the QV Hemispheres had things like 'ABBA night' or 'Soul night' - but the specific 'theme' music didn't start until about 11am and lasted just about one hour. The rest of the time they played a variety of music from 60s through to current. I think they try to vary the music played each night, but it is possible to request anything you like. I also suspect it depends on how many are in there and on the dance floor - it was very quiet last July!!

ABBA night was the best night, you'll have a good time on ABBA night (unless you hate ABBA).

If Hemispheres is anything like G32 then you are highly likely to be disappointed in some way or another. You really do have to take things into your own hands and go up and make lots of requests from the DJ. They may be initially resistant to playing the latest songs but if you politely persist they should come around.

Just remember that they are not like nightclubs in the true sense so don't expect a nightclub experience like you would get on land - in an actual nightclub.

Hemispheres on my last QV journey was a nice balance between the group playing and the DJ. It is quite small and frequently there were no seats available if you were in a party. Thoroughly enjoyed the location.

We generally found it pretty boring. We usually spent time in the Commodore Club, which we felt is quite superior to the one on QM2.

After cruising on the QV I was very surprised to return to the QM2 and see how closed-in the Commodore Club felt there. Of course, I think the QM2's CC being so buttoned up is part of the distinction between a cruise ship and an ocean liner...

It varies wildly. Some cruises it's packed solid every nigth until after 1 AM, some cruises hardly anybody. When a bunch of fat drunks get up and start flailing around, the band often panders by playing an endless Caribbean mishmash, but they can do better when they try. The DJ's are usually good about requestes too.

We were on the QV recently, we popped into Hemisphere's a couple of times, but it was usually pretty empty, we found that lots of people went to bed early, might have something to do with the price of drinks.

We were on the QV recently, we popped into Hemisphere's a couple of times, but it was usually pretty empty, we found that lots of people went to bed early, might have something to do with the price of drinks.

Really? The drink prices seem reasonable from the menus online.

Really? The drink prices seem reasonable from the menus online.
It depends on what you order. A Gin & Tonic is reasonably priced but if you order a Jack & Ginger they charge you separately for the Jack Daniels and the ginger ale. It was more expensive than one of my wife's martinis.

Archived