Bring beer to the dining room?

ottmar

We have had anytime/my time dining on our cruises for the last few years on other lines and found out that not only did ordering my beer held everything up when we joined a larger table because the waiter took forever and as I have a cheese plate for starters on most nights and I won't eat cheese and bread without having my beer to swill it down I have taken to bring my Fosters oil can with me from a nearby bar. (How is that for a sentence???)

Anytime dining on the Pride is from 5:30 on so by around 6:00 the crowd should have thinned to where I don't have to wait so long that my beer gets warm...no?

When I eat my cheese I want my beer!

But I don't see a bar close to the dining rooms....

....Ott

We have had anytime/my time dining on our cruises for the last few years on other lines and found out that not only did ordering my beer held everything up when we joined a larger table because the waiter took forever and as I have a cheese plate for starters on most nights and I won't eat cheese and bread without having my beer to swill it down I have taken to bring my Fosters oil can with me from a nearby bar. (How is that for a sentence???)

Anytime dining on the Pride is from 5:30 on so by around 6:00 the crowd should have thinned to where I don't have to wait so long that my beer gets warm...no?

When I eat my cheese I want my beer!

But I don't see a bar close to the dining rooms....

....Ott

I would disagree with the above .. at 6 pm in the same dining room will be people with traditional dining all cued up.

6 pm is the worst time to arrive if you want to not deal with crowds. Get there earlier if you want any kind of service, dont compete with traditional dining which starts at 6 pm.

Okay say you want to bring your own soda in that your brought on board, a beer in a can from one the bars, or a glass of wine that you brought yourself..How would you go about doing this? Can you just bring it on in or what?

Okay say you want to bring your own soda in that your brought on board, a beer in a can from one the bars, or a glass of wine that you brought yourself..How would you go about doing this? Can you just bring it on in or what?

Yep! I took a can of my own ginger ale every night to the MDR. And never had a problem. Our server would even bring me a glass of ice,open my drink and pour it for me.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

I have a cheese plate for starters on most nights and I won't eat cheese and bread without having my beer to swill it down I have taken to bring my Fosters oil can with me from a nearby bar.

Ah, the bubbly in a can... sure why not?

Well, thanks. I never had a problem carrying my beer in, no one comments on it. My question really was as to where to buy it as I walk to the dining room. Many ships/lines have a bar just outside the dining room and the waiter can get the drinks quickly, on others it is a long walk.

When doing the regular seating there never was a problem since after the first day the beer was at the table waiting for me as I was being seated.

On the deck plans I don't see a nearby bar, so I have made a plan.

When I arrive at the rear elevators on my Veranda deck, instead of going right down to the dining room,I will go up to the Serenity bar, get my beer and down to the dining room, that sounds OK, no?

....Ott

Well, thanks. I never had a problem carrying my beer in, no one comments on it. My question really was as to where to buy it as I walk to the dining room. Many ships/lines have a bar just outside the dining room and the waiter can get the drinks quickly, on others it is a long walk.

When doing the regular seating there never was a problem since after the first day the beer was at the table waiting for me as I was being seated.

On the deck plans I don't see a nearby bar, so I have made a plan.

When I arrive at the rear elevators on my Veranda deck, instead of going right down to the dining room,I will go up to the Serenity bar, get my beer and down to the dining room, that sounds OK, no?

....Ott

Ott,

You can order any beer thru room service, same price as from bar... order up a few, get them iced down (steward should be happy to provide extra ice) and grab one prior to leaving... simple.

>>>If you are going on the Pride there is a bar right outside of the Normandie Diningroom on Deck 2! <<<

You made me happy!!! The bar doesn't show up in the deck plans I saw, is it the Florentine Lounge?. Also the idea of storing some in the fridge in the room is a good one...

....Ott

Yep! I took a can of my own ginger ale every night to the MDR. And never had a problem. Our server would even bring me a glass of ice,open my drink and pour it for me.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Same here. On the last few cruises I brought my cokes to the MDR that I had brought on the ship. The waiters offered me a cup of ice. One night the Maitre D noticed my glass was empty, poured the rest of the coke in my glass, and disposed of the can. Thanks Superstar.

Right away I let my bar person know that I go through a bunch of beers during dinner, then I give a good tip. Once established I normally have no problems. Most nights as soon as I walk in with a beer they bring a beer to me. You just have to let them know your likes.

Archived