Carnival cruise Lines can't buy a break. Caribbean Princess broken in St Martin

A Sixth?

I was on CP in 2006 and the Connie in 2007. The CP was around 2 years old when I sailed her and the Connie was around 5 years old when I sailed her. The Connie is only a couple of years older than CP. I still liked the Connie better. She has beautiful glass elevators -the end elevator faces the outside so you see the ocean as you ride the elevator. The centrum/atruim area on the Connie is also much more beautiful-and the big plus, is a 1000 less PAX on the Connie so disembarking at port is not as crowded.

Another thing, if I was doing the Baltic I would go for the heated therapy pool that is covered at all times over the open pools on CP.

I know Princess cruises are more expensive-just like RCI cruises. If you notice when cruises fares first come out-all the fares are similar, but for the most part Princess and RCI cruises do not come down in price, or at least not as much (some of the shorter RCI cruises will-but not usually the 7 day or longer)

Now, this is just my two cents and how I feel. We all have different like sand dislikes.

Honestly thoguh, between those two ships, although I like the Connie better, if the CP had a a port or two different, that I preferred over the Connie's offerings,I would go for CP.

Not much I can do about the CP. We are on it this summer for British Isles. The Connie would be for 2014 for Baltics. Of course, the CP will have the same problem with no use of pools in British Isles. We do like the Princess British Isles itinerary. We like the Celebrity Baltics itinerary and itineraries will usually dictate what line we take. We'll be on the Allure next April and maybe that's when we book the Connie for Baltics. Who knows? Maybe Celebrity will send a newer ship to the Baltics for 2014. If they send a Solstice class ship there, I'd book it in a second.

FYI.... the CP is the Crown Princess, CB is the designation for the Caribbean Princess. Although we knew what you were referring to.

I get them confused. I have been on the Crown (three years ago) and would have preferred that to the CB. ;)

I get them confused. I have been on the Crown (three years ago) and would have preferred that to the CB. ;)

I meant Caribbean Princess- however I always wondered who decided which initials meant which?

Since we were talking about Caribbean Princess- I assumed others were smart enough to know I meant that ship.

Abbreviations can be used for more than one thing. MD is used for medical doctor- but is also used for Maryland the US state. A better example is one we use on these boards a lot- TA-can mean a transatlantic cruise OR travel agent/agency-but most people know what I meant by the context of the sentence. I abbreviate in order not to type so much, I type just enough so others know what I mean-for example I typed out Caribbean Princess and then later said CP-so I felt I was understood, as obviously we were understood, since this person decided a correction was needed. It has nothing to do with being "correct" with me-just saving on typing.

Not much I can do about the CP. We are on it this summer for British Isles. The Connie would be for 2014 for Baltics. Of course, the CP will have the same problem with no use of pools in British Isles. We do like the Princess British Isles itinerary. We like the Celebrity Baltics itinerary and itineraries will usually dictate what line we take. We'll be on the Allure next April and maybe that's when we book the Connie for Baltics. Who knows? Maybe Celebrity will send a newer ship to the Baltics for 2014. If they send a Solstice class ship there, I'd book it in a second.

Well, you will have a good time. It does not matter that much. I understand. We are about to pay our final payment on our cruise too-and as we have bought airfare which cost more than the cruise-we would not change ships either at this late date.

Besides, since you have the option of going almost very year-you would want to not do the same exact cruise every summer anyway. With us, we do a better vacation (not always a cruise) only every 3 or 4 years.

If you want to know of the "stuff" that the Carnival people did in building their line, read this book. You won't believe some of their antics. "Devil on the deep blue sea"

Keeping in mind, of course, that these days what is typically passed off as "factual" information is rarely accurate, but instead is typically motivated by an agenda which results in only the author's biased side of a story being told. It is best to read these books with a healthy does of cynicism and treat them as entertainment rather than fact.

Hi Folks We were supposed to cruise on Caribbean Princess on 3/25 and thanks to cc we had been following the situation. As soon as cb left for SJ we contacted our ta who knew nothing about it. To make a long story short...after considering plan b and being told by Princess that our sailing would not be effected, we went about our work day. Only a chance visit to cc to find out when the formal nights were did I find out that our sailing had been canceled as well. There was a posting on the Princess site since midday but we were not notified in any way. DH left work as soon as I found out (around 4) and went straight to TA. The Victory and AOS which were also leaving on sunday were now full. (They hadn't been when we were originally preparing for plan B) Thankfully our flight was on sat am so we were lucky enough to book on Summit leaving on sat 3/24. I know many people were left high and dry with flights into SJ. Our TA confirmed with Princess that we would receive a full refund and 25% off another cruise. We were pleasantly surprised that our flights and hotel that we booked independantly would also be reimbursed. That being said, we have now had to pay for a second cruise before receiving compensation which will be quite rough financially for us. We are in jobs that changing vacation dates is close to impossible and we are traveling with DH elderly parents. (Really dont want to go there but you never know what the future holds for them) Things are in place now and we are looking forward to sailing with Celebrity again. Now I feel like I'm cramming for an exam trying to find out all the "good to know" info on the ship and the ports!:D

We saw the Princess ship when we docked on Saturday in SJ on the Summit. If you fell bad for the pax we were on a tour on Grenada when the driver found out he was losing 6 pax who of course had to cancel their tour. It hits everyonehard but I felt sorry for him, nobody refunds his lost money and their season is coming to an end with most ships leaving the area.

J.

Archived