Replacement for the Monarch

Port Canaveral got the better ship!

We are really looking ofrward to the Enchantment coming to Central Forida!

Except for a voyager class...she is the best ship for 3day weekend getaways. PERFECT. HAve already booked her for Memorial weekend!

Port Canaveral got the better ship!

We are really looking ofrward to the Enchantment coming to Central Forida!

Except for a voyager class...she is the best ship for 3day weekend getaways. PERFECT. HAve already booked her for Memorial weekend!

I'm on the Enchantment Memorial Day too and I already started a thread :)

I just got off the monarch of seas in September... was very disappointed on how i was treated by some of the staff... and i am going to mention names...

how alot of issues with the cabin that i had... shower leaking...air conditioning not working....tv every time u turned it on...u would be watching a movie, and all of a sudden it would shut off.... called maintenance about all of these problems.... and a very rude man answered phone, by the name of Thomas, he sent workers to my room to fix the problems...let alone they were never fixed properly... had to sleep with no air conditioning in room...tv was never fixed...and still had a leaky shower and every time i used it it would flood the entire bathroom....must have called maintenance four times...last time that i did call, Thomas, again answered the phone... using some provane language..sayin god damn, miss, i sent workers up to ur cabin 4 times, and work order says that the problems were fixed.... this man should be not be working in the area he is working if he gets so short tempered...i paid good money to go on that cruise and had a superior oceanview room....and things should have been working and up to pare, before i even enttered the room....

enough being said about the monarch, is the enchantment going to be a larger ship? I think that i will take a look into that ship, as i did enjoy sailing out of port canaveral....check in was a breeze...i was on the ship in no time....

ships that i have sailed in rccl fleet are: majesty, liberty of seas, freedom of seas, adventurer of seas, nordic empress, oasis of seas

celebrity fleet: i sailed the century, milleniium

I just got off the monarch of seas in September... was very disappointed on how i was treated by some of the staff... and i am going to mention names...

how alot of issues with the cabin that i had... shower leaking...air conditioning not working....tv every time u turned it on...u would be watching a movie, and all of a sudden it would shut off.... called maintenance about all of these problems.... and a very rude man answered phone, by the name of Thomas, he sent workers to my room to fix the problems...let alone they were never fixed properly... had to sleep with no air conditioning in room...tv was never fixed...and still had a leaky shower and every time i used it it would flood the entire bathroom....must have called maintenance four times...last time that i did call, Thomas, again answered the phone... using some provane language..sayin god damn, miss, i sent workers up to ur cabin 4 times, and work order says that the problems were fixed.... this man should be not be working in the area he is working if he gets so short tempered...i paid good money to go on that cruise and had a superior oceanview room....and things should have been working and up to pare, before i even enttered the room....

enough being said about the monarch, is the enchantment going to be a larger ship? I think that i will take a look into that ship, as i did enjoy sailing out of port canaveral....check in was a breeze...i was on the ship in no time....

ships that i have sailed in rccl fleet are: majesty, liberty of seas, freedom of seas, adventurer of seas, nordic empress, oasis of seas

Travelady: compare the ships on RC's website

Monarch: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipCode=MN

Gross Tonnage 73,937

Length 880 ft

Max Beam 106 ft

Draft 25 ft

Cruising Speed 19 knots

Enchantment: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipCode=EN

Gross Tonnage 81,000

Length 989 ft

Max Beam 105.6 ft

Draft 25 ft

Cruising Speed 22 knots

Enchantment is a larger ship, and has slightly fewer guests than Monarch. The staterooms on EN are also larger. The Windjammer on EN however has less capacity than Monarch's.

Bayonne is a dump, and I have been in some 3rd world cruise terminals that are better than that place. I think the port authority needs to consider putting some money into the place rather than using warehouses, tents, and buses if they want to secure a future for cruise ships.

Jeeze. It may not be gorgeous but I certainly wouldn't classify Bayonne as a dump. We've sailed out of there six times; the convenience is worth it if you are in the tri state area. We are only 15 miles west of Bayonne, and yes, we live in quite a nice area, so no jersey jokes please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeeze. It may not be gorgeous but I certainly wouldn't classify Bayonne as a dump. We've sailed out of there six times; the convenience is worth it if you are in the tri state area. We are only 15 miles west of Bayonne, and yes, we live in quite a nice area, so no jersey jokes please.

I had to comment on this as someone who was born and raised in New Jersey (outside Trenton) but havent lived there since 91.

My first Royal Cruise was on the Explorer several years ago. I think most of the cruisers that week from Staten island and North Jersey. I found it humorous because after so many years away, I was able to see what people find so funny about New Jersey/New York.

Im so confused :confused::confused:

travelady65 user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifCruise on Monarch 9/17 Sailing

Just got off Monarch of Seas yesterday...had a wonderful time...cabin was great ....was on deck 9.... entertainment and food excellent...sailed majesty of seas many times....but found i liked sailing Monarch much better....the entire process went reall reall smoothly....didn't see anyone that was sailing i was talking to from cruise critics....did anyone else sail this sailing....also had beautiful weather...so that was a real good plus....:):)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=35432533&postcount=69

Ok, maybe I should have sugar coated it a bit, but Bayonne is certainly nowhere near the quality of the ports in Florida and elsewhere. It's just a warehouse, tent, and a bunch of shuttle buses. The thing I can't get is why they didn't either pitch the tent closer to where the ship berths, or slip the ship where the tent is and not use the buses.

I think one reason Royal Caribbean may not be making a long term commitment is due to the port condition which may or may not reflect the support of the area in general.

And while Bayonne is the closest port to me as well (but still 600 miles away), I would not mind going out of there more - other than the limited itinerary.

In contrast, if you have recently been to Grenada and seen their new port facility, it is amazing such a little island can have a nice port.

I agree. The layout is terrible. After you drive past the parking lot, you drop your bags off at the tent. Then you drive around a few buildings to get back to the parking lot you passed earlier. At this point you're closer to the ship than the warehouse and there are no signs telling you where to go. So, you start walking to the ship assuming you'll get your SeaPass and go through security at the tents and trailers near the ship. But no, they want you to go back to the warehouse.

I think the kindest way to say it, is that Cape Liberty has a very temporary feel to it. It does seem that they're putting as little money and thought into the port as possible. I have to think that Royal Caribbean and the port are just waiting until Royal Caribbean decides to return to NYC. I seriously doubt if Royal Carribbean wants to debut a Project Sunshine class ship in Bayonne in its current state.

Ok, maybe I should have sugar coated it a bit, but Bayonne is certainly nowhere near the quality of the ports in Florida and elsewhere. It's just a warehouse, tent, and a bunch of shuttle buses. The thing I can't get is why they didn't either pitch the tent closer to where the ship berths, or slip the ship where the tent is and not use the buses.

I think one reason Royal Caribbean may not be making a long term commitment is due to the port condition which may or may not reflect the support of the area in general.

We will be on the Legend out of Florida in December 2013 doing a Southern Caribbean route...could that be the replacement ?

Replacement for what?? :confused: It's already been established that Enchantment is replacing Monarch...

Archived