Another change for Thompson....

I was jjust thinking, they should replece Spirit and Celebration. It appears Staatendam is lacking cruises for 2013 as well ;)

Of course it will probably be a damp squib

Or maybe the relaunch of Island cruises with a partner!

Or maybe they are taking over Carnival :D

I was jjust thinking, they should replece Spirit and Celebration. It appears Staatendam is lacking cruises for 2013 as well ;)

I think eventually this could be the replacement of Spirit and Celebration. It seems that both leases are running out in 2014 (don't know when in 2014 though). I doubt they will be renewed at this point so will need replacements.

Statendam is currently listed on the HAL website for 2013. Eventually though, if they do go for the Statendam fleet, for the future they'll have a choice of three other ships with the category having 4 ships. The future then of the fleet would then be easier to predict if they went for these ships - but who knows what's going to happen. :confused:

If there's an announcement today I'd expect Island Crusies future to be confirmed and a possibility of a new ship for next summer. But of course, we might not hear anything or it might be simply information regarding refurbing some areas of the ships, as we've started to see on Celebration cabins.

I think eventually this could be the replacement of Spirit and Celebration. It seems that both leases are running out in 2014 (don't know when in 2014 though). I doubt they will be renewed at this point so will need replacements.

Statendam is currently listed on the HAL website for 2013. Eventually though, if they do go for the Statendam fleet, for the future they'll have a choice of three other ships with the category having 4 ships. The future then of the fleet would then be easier to predict if they went for these ships - but who knows what's going to happen. :confused:

If there's an announcement today I'd expect Island Crusies future to be confirmed and a possibility of a new ship for next summer. But of course, we might not hear anything or it might be simply information regarding refurbing some areas of the ships, as we've started to see on Celebration cabins.

I must say changing the layouts of a few cabins does not count as exciting in my book. What would count as sort of exciting for me would be the relocation of the single cabins to better locations with the demise of the noisy, vibrating ghetto. If that happened I would definately continue to cruise on Spirit/Celebration.

And we wait...

Noticed that the Majesty announcement came at 09:00, so perhaps we'll see something then. Or, we'll have to wait for Jane Archer to return from this gathering with Thomson. Let's hope its before lunch! :D

Is this cricket lunch :D

I hope that there not doing up Celebrations cabins,as too smarten her up and get rid of Spirit,and replace her with a new ship.

I've checked to see if Jane Archer has put anything on Twitter about today - she hasn't! Nothing on the Thomson blogs or the usual news sites either.

I've been checking too but can't find out anything. Was hoping Jane might have put something on her blog but nothing. Maybe she'll put something on her blog later on. :confused:

I've been checking too but can't find out anything. Was hoping Jane might have put something on her blog but nothing. Maybe she'll put something on her blog later on. :confused:

It may be that it is a evening meeting but to be positive it does say major changes which IMO does not include swopping a few beds about.

Here is my prediction

Maasdam will replace either Spirit or Celebration next year and another ship will follow in 2014

Island cruises will be re launched with Escape and Spirit/Celebration for a 2 ship operation and in 2014 Escape will be replaced with the other sister.

In 2015 Thomson will get a TUI newbuild.

It may be that it is a evening meeting but to be positive it does say major changes which IMO does not include swopping a few beds about.

Here is my prediction

Maasdam will replace either Spirit or Celebration next year and another ship will follow in 2014

Island cruises will be re launched with Escape and Spirit/Celebration for a 2 ship operation and in 2014 Escape will be replaced with the other sister.

In 2015 Thomson will get a TUI newbuild.

Yeah I've got a feeling that its going to be a bit much major then a few improvements on Celebration. I like your last prediction, but I think its probably being a bit optimistic :(, but you never know, stranger things have happened! :)

Anyway, if we're doing predictions here's mine:

Island Cruises will be going with their efforts being placed into Thomson Cruises fleet instead. Island Escape's sailing this summer will be its last.

A new ship will be introduced into the fleet next summer, and will probably sail from Palma alongside Dream with Majesty in Corfu, Celebration in Marmaris and Spirit doing ex-UK. The new ship will be either MS Maasdam, Pacific Sun or something else we haven't yet thought of (even though we've pretty much gone through all the possibilties :D).

Then, when Spirit (and I think Celebration's) leases run out in 2014, at least one will not be renewed (maybe both) and we'll see more introductions.

Anyone else got there own predicton? Lets start the speculation... :D

Just seen this tweet from @TUINewsRoom:

'Looking forward to the Thomson Cruise event tonight at the NationalTheatre Deck Bar. Hope it doesn't rain!'

https://twitter.com/#!/TUINewsRoom

Could this be related? Maybe its an event then when they're going to announce the changes. If its an actual event being planned must be something quite important then. Definitely now can't just be a big party to celebrate the fact they've changed the L-shaped beds into side by side ones! :D

Then again, any excuse for a party!!!!

I did see elsewhere on the net somebody saying that Island Escape is to become entirely All Inclusive!?! (Just thought I would throw that in!)

I've seen this somewhere too. In some ways, it would make sense as First Choice, who used to own Island Cruises with RCL before they merged with Thomson, have now gone completely all inclusive too. AI holidays are very popular at the moment, counting for a large proportion of TUI UK's holidays and are becoming even now increasingly popular. I suppose it will all depend on the future of Island Escape in general. If this is its last season, a fully AI ship will not be implemented this season now. But if it is sailing next year, then this could be implemented for summer 2013.

The Topaz, which Thomson used to sail, used to be fully AI. It did seem quite popular, but when Thomson Spirit replaced it, this idea wasn't carried to any of its fleet.

Just seen this tweet from @TUINewsRoom:

'Looking forward to the Thomson Cruise event tonight at the NationalTheatre Deck Bar. Hope it doesn't rain!'

https://twitter.com/#!/TUINewsRoom

Could this be related? Maybe its an event then when they're going to announce the changes. If its an actual event being planned must be something quite important then. Definitely now can't just be a big party to celebrate the fact they've changed the L-shaped beds into side by side ones! :D

Then again, any excuse for a party!!!!

So we wait again:rolleyes:. I'll have to go now, hopefully I'll be able to check back later - the suspense is killing now:o. And Dave I do admire your optimism:)

Archived