Another change for Thompson....

So we wait again:rolleyes:. Ill have to go now, hopefully I'll be able to check back later - the suspense is killing now:o. And Dave I do admire your optimism:)

Looks like this event tonight is definitely the same one that Jane Archer was talking about. Seems as though another journalist on Twitter is going, replying to the TUINewsRoom one. If that's so, we might hear something tonight, probably by someone posting something on Twitter, nothing official though. If not, they'll most likely be some sort of official announcement from Thomson tomorrow if information is going to be told tonight. Then again, I thought that it would be announced today. :o

Why feel guilty? :confused:

I was the one that said we'd actually find something out today. My fault! :(

Anyway, perhaps we'll find something out tomorrow... :)

Off on a easter break tommorrow so i will have to wait until next week.:(

Off on a easter break tommorrow so i will have to wait until next week.:(

Will keep looking tonight just incase anyone going to this event spills the beans later on. If not, if a press release is finally announced, will probably be at 09:00 tomorrow morning. Chances are though, you'll probably come back next week and we will still be waiting...

Just posted on HAL forum about Maasdam's future itineraries. Currently it is down to be sailing in November 2013, according to port authority websites. Currently booked into Palma:

http://www.portsdebalears.com/25.php3?idioma=eng&puerto=4&diainicio=2&mesinicio=4&anyoinicio=2012&diafin=3&mesfin=4&anyofin=2014

and also Gibraltar:

http://www.gibraltarport.com/index.php?action=cruisecalendar_year&hide=1&year=2013

Would seem to suggest that Maasdam won't be chartered to Thomson. However, the lists do also include Thomson Destiny, which we know definitely won't be sailing next summer with us. And we know how these lists can change very frequently.

Up to speed now! ;)

Did hear that there was to be a big news release at the beginning of April but absolutely no indication of what might be afoot - on the plus side Des O'Connor's involvement was mentioned so at least that's not the big announcement! :D

You've been doing some excellent work Sailaway - I think you can be promoted to our Chief Intelligence Officer forthwith! :D

I'm all excited too - only hope it's all woth it and we really do have some significant new developments and I agree with others, a bit of a re-furb of existing stock doesn't really qualify so let's hope they've not rasied our hopes in vain!

Up to speed now! ;)

Did hear that there was to be a big news release at the beginning of April but absolutely no indication of what might be afoot - on the plus side Des O'Connor's involvement was mentioned so at least that's not the big announcement! :D

You've been doing some excellent work Sailaway - I think you can be promoted to our Chief Intelligence Officer forthwith! :D

I'm all excited too - only hope it's all woth it and we really do have some significant new developments and I agree with others, a bit of a re-furb of existing stock doesn't really qualify so let's hope they've not rasied our hopes in vain!

Chief Intelligence Officer sounds good to me! :D

Yeah, we're hoping for a big announcement this time. So it was mentioned on the Dream then was it that there was to be a big news release. Who was it from and guessing by what you said, no clues given then?

Must be quite an important development as they seem to be bigging it up most definitely. As has been said, tonight there is a Thomson Cruise event in London where journalists have been invited. Hopefully, they might give us some information before tomorrow as to what is going on, but it must be something important. Think this might be the biggest change they've had for many years by the looks of it! :)

Will keep looking tonight just incase anyone going to this event spills the beans later on. If not, if a press release is finally announced, will probably be at 09:00 tomorrow morning. Chances are though, you'll probably come back next week and we will still be waiting...

Could it be the announcement has not been built up enough ?;)

Lets try again ...Thomson proudly

:D:D

or maybe not. :(;)

Just posted on HAL forum about Maasdam's future itineraries. Currently it is down to be sailing in November 2013, according to port authority websites. Currently booked into Palma:

http://www.portsdebalears.com/25.php3?idioma=eng&puerto=4&diainicio=2&mesinicio=4&anyoinicio=2012&diafin=3&mesfin=4&anyofin=2014

and also Gibraltar:

http://www.gibraltarport.com/index.php?action=cruisecalendar_year&hide=1&year=2013

Would seem to suggest that Maasdam won't be chartered to Thomson. However, the lists do also include Thomson Destiny, which we know definitely won't be sailing next summer with us. And we know how these lists can change very frequently.

Funny that it is only one entry and looks as if the ship is on a repositioning voyage?

Maybe a temporary replacement for costa concordia?

I see there are slots there for island escape

Could it be the announcement has not been built up enough ?;)

Lets try again ...Thomson proudly

or maybe not. :(;)

Haha! :D

Thought you had some info then kalos! :)

Perhaps that might be a bit OTT, but you never know, the biggest announcement could be five BRAND NEW ships. But would put the chances of that happening at 0.000000000001% I think!

Funny that it is only one entry and looks as if the ship is on a repositioning voyage?

Maybe a temporary replacement for costa concordia?

I see there are slots there for island escape

Yeah there are slots for the Island Escape also but there is also slots for Thomson Destiny in April so it probably needs updating! I think that if they are getting a new ship next year (which I really hope after all of this they actually are and are not just changing the livery on the ships or something) then maybe this will replace the Island Escape slots?

Haha! :D

Thought you had some info then kalos! :)

Perhaps that might be a bit OTT, but you never know, the biggest announcement could be five BRAND NEW ships. But would put the chances of the happening at 0.000000000001% I think!

Lower your odds thats a bit high :p:D

Just read that on the 'other' forum now. Right, will be ready on Travel Weekly tomorrow. Check here everyone:

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/

Whoever it was that went to the event was a journalist and they described it as BIG news and that anyone who has cruised with Thomson was to be excited by it!! Could it really be that there are going to be new builds in the future??

Bring on 09:00!!! At least I can definitely say that this time it IS going to happen! :D

Just been posted on a twitter feed:

'Cruise news Big Thomson Cruises News: Keep an eye on leading trade website Travel Weekly'

Bigging this up aren't they. You might need that fanfare after all! :D

TUI's managing director did a blog entry saying it would be very exciting and announced from 9am! Eek!

I wonder if the fleet are going all inclusive as standard? The escape was rumoured to be when First choice went ai! Im hoping its going to be more exciting than that.. Im in work just after the announcement so if I hear anything extra in work ill try pop on here at some point! Happy Thomson cruise announcement day :D lol

Archived