Back to Back discount

granny49

Karen, just curious. You didn't receive any discount on your 10 B2B's? Weren't you bored out of your mind being on the same cruise so many times? Just wondering, cause we were bored after 1 cruise on the Emerald. :)

I'm not Karen :), but I think you're addressing your question to me:

No, we didn't receive any discounts at all. If the price dropped prior to final payment, we certainly locked in the lower price. But, because we wanted the same cabin all the way through, we were not able to take advantage of price drops after final payment, especially those for guaranty categories. There were a lot of people cruising less expensively than us.

No, we were not at all bored. I think a lot of it is what you're used to in your everyday life. Also, we just didn't expect to be entertained for 100 days as we might for just 10 days. So I guess I'm saying that we were not looking to be entertained every second of the day. We spent our time in ways that most pleased us, and we were never bored. In fact, I could use about 24 hours of shipboard life right now, just to relax a bit!

I guess I'm interested in why you were bored in only 10 days? What did you expect that you didn't have?

I will say that we found the comment about the second week only costing 30% of the first week to be unbelievable, but it did pique our interest since we had heard similar comments from other people during the cruise. We spent the day in St. Maarten riding around in a van with two other couples who were traveling together. They said they were on board for two weeks "because the second week was such a great value". Another family we talked to said they really burnt up their vacation and were hesitant to take the kids out of school that long but "it was just too good of deal to pass up". The funny thing was that all of these people were Canadians. Maybe the Canadians are getting the good deals!!!

My wife and I did consider that maybe everyone was saying that due to airfare and other travel expenses it was cheaper but it did not make sense to us. We were a party of four in one interior room and we paid more for our cruise than we did for airfare from Minnesota. So, we could not get the numbers to work out in our minds.

I should mention that this was mid-February on the Caribbean Princess. Princess sometimes has trouble filling this ship so maybe there were some deals that were specific only to this ship. All I know is that our cruise fare was really not that great of deal.

I will say that we found the comment about the second week only costing 30% of the first week to be unbelievable, but it did pique our interest since we had heard similar comments from other people during the cruise. We spent the day in St. Maarten riding around in a van with two other couples who were traveling together. They said they were on board for two weeks "because the second week was such a great value". Another family we talked to said they really burnt up their vacation and were hesitant to take the kids out of school that long but "it was just too good of deal to pass up". The funny thing was that all of these people were Canadians. Maybe the Canadians are getting the good deals!!!

My wife and I did consider that maybe everyone was saying that due to airfare and other travel expenses it was cheaper but it did not make sense to us. We were a party of four in one interior room and we paid more for our cruise than we did for airfare from Minnesota. So, we could not get the numbers to work out in our minds.

I should mention that this was mid-February on the Caribbean Princess. Princess sometimes has trouble filling this ship so maybe there were some deals that were specific only to this ship. All I know is that our cruise fare was really not that great of deal.

I detest talking cruise prices once on a ship. Someone always comes away from those conversations feeling badly, and it's just not worth it. I always believe that we thought the price we paid was fair from the beginning, or we wouldn't have paid it. But there are people who seem to derive their self-esteem by knowing that they got the BEST deal. Whatever...life is too short for comparisons.

I detest talking cruise prices once on a ship. Someone always comes away from those conversations feeling badly, and it's just not worth it. I always believe that we thought the price we paid was fair from the beginning, or we wouldn't have paid it. But there are people who seem to derive their self-esteem by knowing that they got the BEST deal. Whatever...life is too short for comparisons.

I don't care what others paid. In addition to the differences in cabins, there are differences in when you booked. All I care about is where you booked if you think you got a good deal. Once on the ship, I paid what I paid. However, I will get the name of someone's TA if they say they got a good deal and I will add it to my list to check next time.

I agree.........what is the saying.......money, religion and politics...sshhhhh

How does it know you are doing a B2b???? you sign up for each one separately.

Exactly correct. Then sign on for the same two cruises as a 14 day.

Obviously, this only applies when the ship alternates itineraries.

Archived