Back to Back discount

granny49

I have not seen discounts for B2B bookings, either. Sometimes they will sell the two 7 day cruises as one 14 day cruise at a slightly lower price, but then any benefits you may have (OBC, FCC credit, Captains Circle) are applied per one cruise. Sometimes it works out better one way, sometimes the other.

We haven't, not for years. It used to be that, sometimes, you would get a two category upgrade for booking B2B, which, in effect, was a discount, but we haven't even seen that for at least three years.

I remember that but when we tried to take advantage of it, it was going to cost us more :( It was weird and turned out to not ever work for us.

I have a b2b2b scheduled and no discount.

I booked a longer cruise at the end of this year B2B for several reasons. The additional OBC's offset the slight discount for booking as one cruise. Due to one segment being very port intensive it allowed us to get two different types of cabins & to use the savings to do other things during our cruise. So for us even without a B2B discount it still worked out best but it may not be so for anyone else.

I have a cruise coming up next January to the eastern Caribbean, then southern Caribbean. I don't know if it's two 7 day cruises or one 14 day cruise. I have the same cabin for the entire cruise.

Also I don't know if, since i cruise alone, I'll get two credits or four for the entire trip.

I have a cruise coming up next January to the eastern Caribbean, then southern Caribbean. I don't know if it's two 7 day cruises or one 14 day cruise. I have the same cabin for the entire cruise.

Also I don't know if, since i cruise alone, I'll get two credits or four for the entire trip.

Do you have one booking number or two? Since you are sailing solo, you will get two cruise credits for each booking number.

Do you have one booking number or two? Since you are sailing solo, you will get two cruise credits for each booking number.

I believe I have one; then I guess it's a 14-day cruise.[/color

We were on the Caribbean Princess last month and we talked to alot of people who were doing back to back cruises. We later found out that about 1/3 of the people on our ship that week were either also on the week before or were staying on board for another week. Many people that we talked to indicated that it was a very good deal to stay another week.

The morning that we disembarked we got on an elevator with a couple from Canada who asked if we were staying on another week. We said no and they said that they were and that is was almost crazy for them not to because the second week only cost about 30% of what the first week cost. I was very surprised to hear a number like that and have wondered since then if it could possibly be true. Any comments?

We were on the Caribbean Princess last month and we talked to alot of people who were doing back to back cruises. We later found out that about 1/3 of the people on our ship that week were either also on the week before or were staying on board for another week. Many people that we talked to indicated that it was a very good deal to stay another week.

The morning that we disembarked we got on an elevator with a couple from Canada who asked if we were staying on another week. We said no and they said that they were and that is was almost crazy for them not to because the second week only cost about 30% of what the first week cost. I was very surprised to hear a number like that and have wondered since then if it could possibly be true. Any comments?

Wow, I want that 30% deal for the second sailing!

In what way did the people you talked to indicate it was a very good deal to stay another week? Were they comparing it to a land-based vacation?

We are scheduled for our first B2B and there was no great savings booking it as two separate 10-day bookings vs. one 20-day booking.

Can't imagine their second cruise being discounted 70% of what their first cruise cost.

So, if, for example, the first week cruise cost $1,000 their second week only cost $300? I find that difficult to believe.

Either there was some misunderstanding or your leg is longer. :)

We haven't, not for years. It used to be that, sometimes, you would get a two category upgrade for booking B2B, which, in effect, was a discount, but we haven't even seen that for at least three years.

Karen, just curious. You didn't receive any discount on your 10 B2B's? Weren't you bored out of your mind being on the same cruise so many times? Just wondering, cause we were bored after 1 cruise on the Emerald. :)

I've sailed a few B2Bs. The most recent Nov?DEc 2011. I've always found a lower price by @ 5% for an inside.

It's easy to test on Princess web site.

I just now randomly selected Grand Princess sailing Nov 17 and 24. Total Balcony price for each segmant is $1866. B2B price is $1657, an 11.7% saving. Saving is less for interior, 7.7%.

I've sailed a few B2Bs. The most recent Nov?DEc 2011. I've always found a lower price by @ 5% for an inside.

It's easy to test on Princess web site.

I just now randomly selected Grand Princess sailing Nov 17 and 24. Total Balcony price for each segmant is $1866. B2B price is $1657, an 11.7% saving. Saving is less for interior, 7.7%.

How does it know you are doing a B2b???? you sign up for each one separately.

Maybe they were considering all the expenses: hotel, flight etc, so adding on just the extra cruise was considerably cheaper, as the other expenses were already accounted for whether they cruised one leg or two. ??

How does it know you are doing a B2b???? you sign up for each one separately.

'Stevesan' has more b2b experience than me but the way I got a similar price reduction was by booking as 1 cruise vs. 2 cruises. That option is sometimes available such as booking as a 14 day cruise getting a discount of around 10% vs. two 7 day cruises. In my situation it has been better for me as a b2b because the extra OBC makes up for the discount, I get an extra CC cruise credit & have the option to have different types of cabins. This may not be the situation for everyone but it has worked for me. ;)

Maybe they were considering all the expenses: hotel, flight etc, so adding on just the extra cruise was considerably cheaper, as the other expenses were already accounted for whether they cruised one leg or two. ??

That could be the situation but unfortunately not everyone is always truthful. To say they were sailing the for 30% of the cost of the previous week is very difficult to believe. A 70% discount for the same type of cruise sounds like a gross exaggeration of the discount they could receive. :rolleyes:

Archived