Greetings from grand princess

lovezepplin

Boarded this beautiful ship yesterday. There were 11 ships in port with over 55 thousand getting off and on the ships. We were docked at Pier 21 and were onboard within 15 minutes of arriving (around 12:30)

Seas are fairly calm and we are enjoying our wonder suite and spent the entire day on the balcony - heavenly!!

Tonight is formal night and we will be eating in the Horizon court. Couldn't get a reservation in the Crown Grille until Tuesday evening, so anyone planning to dine there - reserve early. The main pool is staying covered which, on our last 5 sailing on this ship, was not the case. The ship is full but doesn't have the crowded feeling. Service has been wonderful so far and the food has been good.

Will return with more updates later.

I'm in Vista Suite D736 on March 31st. How was Preferred Boarding? Breakfast at Sabatini's?

I am in Vista D736 now. The balcony is very roomy, even with the beam.

Nice size table table (dining) and a small drink table, four padded chairs and two padded loungers - all wood. The surface of the balcony is the same wood as the Promanade deck and seems to stay cool even with the blistering sun beating down on it. - Bring your own hair dryer, this one in this suite sucks and the vent is missing. Bed is actually comfortable, but I guess it depends on how firm you like it. Boarding was no problem - arrived at 12:30 and didn't even need priority line. Breakfast in Sabatini's is GREAT - not crowded and the food is made to order - coffe is FRESH BREWED. The gentlemen will remember you after one day.

eight ships not 11. Still in FLL post-Emerald - we were in port with you.

That is what I thought too but one of the officers told us that there were actually 11 and Billy London also mentioned it when he was on stage last night - maybe they were smaller ships berthed on the other side of the port. Wasn't it cool to see all these GIANT ships all together? We could almost hold a conversation with the passengers on the Carnival ship right next to us.

Well, our fist full day at sea (Sunday) was WONDERFUL. The Theater show was DO YOU WANT TO DANCE and was very good. The Champagne waterfall was nice but seemed to go on for e-v-e-r. Had some treats from the International Cafe - Treats for every taste bud. The Pizza on deck 14 is really, really good if you want a quick bite. MUTS was a big bust last night, only a handful of people and a few of them were snoozing - lol - some kid movie with penguins was on - sorry, but the night movies should be something all ages can enjoy - the pop corn was good. Lots and lots of activities on board today (at sea today) and the staff is keeping everything clean. The cleaning crew is very visable on every deck with their little buckets and cloths. The are using some very strong smelling solutions in the public areas (wiping down the walls in the elevator areas, wiping down the hand rails and most all surfaces. So far their efforts seem to be working as we have not heard of any kind of gastro-intestinal illness at all. Everyone seems to be heeding the staffs request to wash, wash, wash your hands and use the satanizers. Here in the internet cafe they have wies available to use on the mouse and keyboard. Lets hope this continues to be a sick-free cruise for all on-board.

I will post later, let me know if there is something specific you want to know about and I will do my best to answer.

Ann

Well, our fist full day at sea (Sunday) was WONDERFUL. The Theater show was DO YOU WANT TO DANCE and was very good. The Champagne waterfall was nice but seemed to go on for e-v-e-r. Had some treats from the International Cafe - Treats for every taste bud. The Pizza on deck 14 is really, really good if you want a quick bite. MUTS was a big bust last night, only a handful of people and a few of them were snoozing - lol - some kid movie with penguins was on - sorry, but the night movies should be something all ages can enjoy - the pop corn was good. Lots and lots of activities on board today (at sea today) and the staff is keeping everything clean. The cleaning crew is very visable on every deck with their little buckets and cloths. The are using some very strong smelling solutions in the public areas (wiping down the walls in the elevator areas, wiping down the hand rails and most all surfaces. So far their efforts seem to be working as we have not heard of any kind of gastro-intestinal illness at all. Everyone seems to be heeding the staffs request to wash, wash, wash your hands and use the satanizers. Here in the internet cafe they have wies available to use on the mouse and keyboard. Lets hope this continues to be a sick-free cruise for all on-board.

I will post later, let me know if there is something specific you want to know about and I will do my best to answer.

Ann

Ann,

thanks so much for taking the time to post your cruise experience. As I mentioned earlier, we board in a couple of weeks. On our Grand cruise in December and as mentioned by someone onboard in January, they seemed to be having trouble with the elevators, are you seeing elevators out of service? We also had trouble with the internet service on the Lido Deck, but since you aren't on Lido, you probably can't help with that.

Anyway, I will continue to follow your posts for reference week after next :D.

Mike

, let me know if there is something specific you want to know about and I will do my best to answer.

Ann

Thanks so much Ann for the info. Can you find out if they are serving bud or bud lite? How is the internet as far as service?

Thanks again,

Dawn

We board this Saturday and our suite and balcony cabin are right below yours! We are hoping to have the divider opened and have one heck of a balcony! Did I understand you that the balcony floors for your suite are teak? I've heard some disappointing things about the regular balconies.

Happy Sailing and wave when you pass us on Saturday!

Archived