broken luggage , now what?

HI

I just get off the adventure and when I got my luggage it was broken in a corner , I never had an issue with my luggages in my life with royal or any other cruise line so I dont know what should I do , do they pay for it ( which I dont think so lol ), by the way I dont have insurance for the luugage. Thnak guy , I just wanted to know what you guys know when it comes to damage luggages :rolleyes:

HI

I just get off the adventure and when I got my luggage it was broken in a corner , I never had an issue with my luggages in my life with royal or any other cruise line so I dont know what should I do , do they pay for it ( which I dont think so lol ), by the way I dont have insurance for the luugage. Thnak guy , I just wanted to know what you guys know when it comes to damage luggages :rolleyes:

Did you report it when you collected your luggage? there have been some reports of the cruiseline paying for damaged luggage

If you filed a claim with the cruiseline, then they will pay for the repairs or for replacement of the luggage. We had it happen to us in San Juan a few years ago. Filed a claim, the cruiseline repair people looked at it to see if they could repair it. When they deemed they couldn't, they told me to contact Miami upon my return and provide them with the claim report and estiamte for new piece or repair(if possible) cost. Ours wasn't repairable and they sent us a cheque for the cost of an equivalent piece of luggage. It took 4-6 weeks to do, but they did come thru. I was impressed.

HI

Did you file a report with the cruiseline once you saw the damage? That is really the only way you are going to be able to prove the damage happened then and not at the airport flying home.

You can try to file a report now if you didn't but I doubt they will do anything once you left the pier without reporting.

I agree with the previous posters. It may well be too late if you didn't file a claim on disembarkation. We noticed one of our cases was badly damaged in one corner as we disembarked a few years ago - it had clearly been dropped and filed a claim on the spot. We had to provide a quote for a replacement case and received a cheque from RCI within a few weeks.

It's just like flying in a plane. The ship is not responsible for your damaged luggage.

Not true at all. I had a cheap duffle bag come off an airline conveyor belt that was ripped open. Since it was the start of my trip, I went into the office to ask for some duct tape to hold it closed for the rest of the week. They rolled out a brand new suitcase on wheels and ask if I would be OK with an exchange. Would I? The duffle cost $19 and wasn't even new.

But, the problem I see here is that a claim should have been filed prior to leaving the pier so that someone could have seen and verified the damage. Worth a shot though.

Not true at all. I had a cheap duffle bag come off an airline conveyor belt that was ripped open. Since it was the start of my trip, I went into the office to ask for some duct tape to hold it closed for the rest of the week. They rolled out a brand new suitcase on wheels and ask if I would be OK with an exchange. Would I? The duffle cost $19 and wasn't even new.

But, the problem I see here is that a claim should have been filed prior to leaving the pier so that someone could have seen and verified the damage. Worth a shot though.

Same exact thing happened to my mother. Her suitcase was ripped badly and they brought out a brand new suitcase, same brand as hers but just a different color. She repacked her stuff into the new one and was on her way.

Did you report it promptly when you were just off the ship? Perhaps then the cruise line would pay for it.

I have had damaged luggage and filed a claim with travel insurance and they paid for new luggage, but since you didn't have insurance I don't know.

Archived