Acronyms...

trippingpara

I apologize if I missed a Sticky or thread on this but is there somewhere on Cruise Critic that lists all of the acronyms used on this site? There are more acronyms used here than in the military! For a newbie, especially someone completely new to cruising, its tough reading some of these threads. Some of the acronyms I can figure out but I feel like I need a dictionary half of the time! I'm learning a ton from this site but I feel like I could learn so much more if I knew what half of the acronyms meant! Just wondering if such a sticky or thread exists. Thanks guys!

i know there is a tread SOMEWHERE! This pops up occassionally! The "D" in front of another letter stands for "Dear" or "Darling" or "Dratted"..whatever adjective you'd like!

H is husband . W is wife. S is son. D is daughter. SIL is sister-in-law, etc.

OP is original or other poster

BTW is By the way...

TIA is Thanks in advance....

Guest LoveMyBoxer
I apologize if I missed a Sticky or thread on this but is there somewhere on Cruise Critic that lists all of the acronyms used on this site? There are more acronyms used here than in the military! For a newbie, especially someone completely new to cruising, its tough reading some of these threads. Some of the acronyms I can figure out but I feel like I need a dictionary half of the time! I'm learning a ton from this site but I feel like I could learn so much more if I knew what half of the acronyms meant! Just wondering if such a sticky or thread exists. Thanks guys!

Here you go, enjoy! LOL

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1296222

Thank you so much, this really helps! And here I thought DW meant domesticated wife! I think my wife would appreciate Dear Wife a wee bit more! Is there any way a Moderator could make this a sticky in the First Time Cruiser section instead of in the HAL section? (did you catch how I used the HAL acronym there? I'm learning so fast!! ROFL...CGU!!!)

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Thank you so much, this really helps! And here I thought DW meant domesticated wife! I think my wife would appreciate Dear Wife a wee bit more! Is there any way a Moderator could make this a sticky in the First Time Cruiser section instead of in the HAL section? (did you catch how I used the HAL acronym there? I'm learning so fast!! ROFL...CGU!!!)

You would have to ask one of the Moderators to make it a sticky. Actually my DH is Damm Husband - LOL. Spend enough time on here and you'll catch on really fast.

That's okay. When I first came on here I thought "DW" meant "drywall" and wondered if it was being used in reference to a contractor's group cruise.:rolleyes::D If you don't know, it's easy to misinterpret those acronyms.

That's okay. When I first came on here I thought "DW" meant "drywall" and wondered if it was being used in reference to a contractor's group cruise.:rolleyes::D If you don't know, it's easy to misinterpret those acronyms.

Now that's funny!!!

You would have to ask one of the Moderators to make it a sticky. Actually my DH is Damm Husband - LOL. Spend enough time on here and you'll catch on really fast.

LOL. I'm sure my wife would probably interpret DH the exact same way!! So how do I go about asking a moderator to make it a sticky. On my other forums, a Mod is assigned to each topic and is constantly monitoring every thread, so you simply ask, and you receive. How do I find a Mod on CC?

Guest LoveMyBoxer
LOL. I'm sure my wife would probably interpret DH the exact same way!! So how do I go about asking a moderator to make it a sticky. On my other forums, a Mod is assigned to each topic and is constantly monitoring every thread, so you simply ask, and you receive. How do I find a Mod on CC?

I guess you could try and e-mail them at: community@cruisecritic.com

Yeah, you guys are all DMC with the A's used on CC! I work for UAL, who also uses them, but they provide a list in our FAOMs, per the FAA, it's MME than trying to FTO OYO.

And even knowing what DH and DW are, I still see the D as meaning Dead. I JCSI!

Anyway, EYC and BOL figuring it all out!

Archived