Price drop not good for me....

OK, I guess if I searched I could find this answer, but.....I thought you could "upgrade" after final payment if you were willing to pay the difference. For example, you paid $800 for a balcony cabin. They drop prices to fill the ship and find the JS for $825. Can't you just pay the extra $25 and move up?

Generally, yes, unless the JS price was a "Tuesday" or "WOW" sale price.

OMG. These boards are very useful for first timers and old timers. When did it become so nasty and hypocritical. You were a first timer at one point. I sure hope you didn't ask silly questions or display any type of despair on these boards. I thought that is what they were for was to get info and talk about stuff. I personally don't care if something has been posted and asked a thousand times. You can tell who the first time people are and I am personally excited for them when they start asking the questions. I love to answer them when I scan this place every afternoon to see whats going on. But I got to tell you, it is starting to feel not like such a great place. Whether it's been asked and answered you don't have to respond at all if you don't like the question don't jump into the pool. People just have to get in there and get those jabs in and I don't understand it. This was a fun place to get all that exciting info about a cruise. Have I complained on here. Yes, but about a huge price drop of $700 that I couldn't take advantage of. Was I attacked, YES I was. Just a question for you. If you bought a car and your brother bought the EXACT same car from the SAME salesman and he paid $2,000 less than you did. Are you telling me that you wouldn't contact that dealer and find out if you could get a refund for the difference or credit for a fancier car. That would tick me off. If not you then you have all the money in the world to throw around. I don't have that luxury.
The same style/model/option package car gets sold to different people at different prices all the time. I would either kick myself, or congratulate my brother, I would not expect them to reimburse me any difference.

Generally, yes, unless the JS price was a "Tuesday" or "WOW" sale price.

and even then some here have reported being able to get the upgrade anyway :) sometimes they have had to go through the Resolutions department but they still got their upgrade.

WOW. :eek:. R u one of those people who come to CC and look for a fight. It seems :D

No, actually I am pretty low key most of the time, believe it or not, and dont usually "start" anything around here.

You came forth with vileness toward me and I only returned it back to you :)

All over a misunderstanding I guess. Anyway, no hard feelings here.

No, actually I am pretty low key most of the time, believe it or not, and dont usually "start" anything around here.

You came forth with vileness toward me and I only returned it back to you :)

All over a misunderstanding I guess. Anyway, no hard feelings here.

For one i am not vile. I am very low key as well and have I asked some of the repeat questions. I have nothing against the policy. I agree with it 100%. When it happened to me with (3 cabins my total was $1700 and was i whining, alittle :( well maybe alot. I don't disrepect anyone here but all i'm saying is that you are going to have some of us ask repeat questions and whine about policies. It just will happen. I myself did not find out about RCL policy until a couple of weeks ago when I saw my D1 cabin fall $700 in price. That is when I heard about it from them .When I first came to CC I learned so much from everyone about what to expect on ships, ports and so on. I appreciate it all. That said, people can't beat others up for not using the search option to see if a question has been asked or answered a million times over. I'm sorry if you felt attacked. No hard feelings, either.:) I may ask questions before my cruise on Serenade 3-31. I am still wondering about 1 island, Grenada. Not sure about that. Have a good weekend.

OMG. These boards are very useful for first timers and old timers. When did it become so nasty and hypocritical. You were a first timer at one point. I sure hope you didn't ask silly questions or display any type of despair on these boards. I thought that is what they were for was to get info and talk about stuff. I personally don't care if something has been posted and asked a thousand times. You can tell who the first time people are and I am personally excited for them when they start asking the questions. I love to answer them when I scan this place every afternoon to see whats going on. But I got to tell you, it is starting to feel not like such a great place. Whether it's been asked and answered you don't have to respond at all if you don't like the question don't jump into the pool. People just have to get in there and get those jabs in and I don't understand it. This was a fun place to get all that exciting info about a cruise. Have I complained on here. Yes, but about a huge price drop of $700 that I couldn't take advantage of. Was I attacked, YES I was. Just a question for you. If you bought a car and your brother bought the EXACT same car from the SAME salesman and he paid $2,000 less than you did. Are you telling me that you wouldn't contact that dealer and find out if you could get a refund for the difference or credit for a fancier car. That would tick me off. If not you then you have all the money in the world to throw around. I don't have that luxury.

thank you

Not to be contradictory, and I'm aware of RC's policies, but I was 45 days out and they gave me an upgrade AND OBC. Yup, just pure luck.

One of two things happened: you booked prior to May 17, 2010 or you were within 24-48 hours of booking. If neither of those are applicable I would not count on that obc. I have seen it go wrong far too many times. Not even invoices help when they point to the policy.

It sure sounds like there are alot of RCCL cheerleaders out there. I don't understand the dissension. Pure & simple, price drops should be honored.

We allow businesses to treat us this way, they will continue. Time for a change.

Bella

Are you the first in line to give them more when prices go up? No? Fair is fair.

If you buy a house and house prices go down, do you demand a lower price? If you buy groceries and then they go on sale do you demand a lower price? If you buy a TV and then after the return period the tv goes on sale do you think they will lower it? No.

It really doesn't matter the item, and I don't care what the policy is, but a customer should not have ill feelings on any purchase. I feel cheated in paying a higher price than anyone else within the same 30 day period. I would get a price adjustment on almost anything else I bought. If you want to go with the flow, because that's the rule, that's your business.

Bella

One of two things happened: you booked prior to May 17, 2010 or you were within 24-48 hours of booking. If neither of those are applicable I would not count on that obc. I have seen it go wrong far too many times. Not even invoices help when they point to the policy.

Are you the first in line to give them more when prices go up? No? Fair is fair.

If you buy a house and house prices go down, do you demand a lower price? If you buy groceries and then they go on sale do you demand a lower price? If you buy a TV and then after the return period the tv goes on sale do you think they will lower it? No.

We purchased them on February of this year and called on March 19th. I spoke to CS yesterday (when I was adding 3 more ppl to the cruise) and they said the four of us that had booked before had been upgraded and had OBC. I always verify. :)

I don't like the new policy but see where they may have needed to do it to stay competitive in the industry (since no one else seemed to be giving OBC or refunds after final). I would rather see this policy then them raising general rates to make up for it.

I also don't have any problem with people asking repeat questions (I'm sure I've done it a lot:rolleyes:). What does seem to irk me (and probably others) is when folks come and whine about something that they should have been aware of (like this policy) and then make inflammatory statements (like "then I'll take my business elsewhere!"). Venting is one thing-expecting companies to behave only as you'd like them to, is childish.

We purchased them on February of this year and called on March 19th. I spoke to CS yesterday (when I was adding 3 more ppl to the cruise) and they said the four of us that had booked before had been upgraded and had OBC. I always verify. :)

Again, I do not mean to argue with you but Royal does not make exceptions to this policy. In fact they have a whole team of people that look for exceptions made in error and "correct" them.

When is your cruise?

Again, I do not mean to argue with you but Royal does not make exceptions to this policy. In fact they have a whole team of people that look for exceptions made in error and "correct" them.

When is your cruise?

ALthough it DOES seem like your arguing, I will tell you that the resolutions department did this for us. And we're appreciative. That's all.

It sure sounds like there are alot of RCCL cheerleaders out there. I don't understand the dissension. Pure & simple, price drops should be honored.

We allow businesses to treat us this way, they will continue. Time for a change.

Bella

Live in the real world, please.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am in the same boat as the op. I booked on the Carnival Sensation last Friday. Monday afternoon the rate went down $70. I was posses. I class amd like above, nothing they could do. I just wrote a letter to guest assistance amd copied Mick Raison. IMO, they could already give us an OBC for the difference.

I have cruised on Carnival 3 times and elected to continue to cruise with them. If i buy a TV at Best Buy one week and the next it goes on sale, I get the difference in credit. There is no difference.

Do you get a credit six months down the road?????....Answer is NO:rolleyes:

Uhhh cheerleaders? You must have not have been around here when this policy went into effect almost two years ago. NO ONE here liked it one bit so it has nothing to do with "cheerleading"

However, most of us have accepted this new policy and have moved on. We know we are not entitled to OBC or a reduction in price if the cruise fare drops after final payment..........we can only get an upgrade if available.

The OP has been a member here since 2008. I find it hard to believe he didnt know of this policy. Something about it is posted around here at least a few times a week.

My upcoming cruise is 280.00 per person MORE for the category of cabin I selected than when I booked it months ago. I sure am glad RCI isnt coming after me for the difference like we go after them for price drops!

Just sayin

Couldn't have explained it any better;)....K.O. near Philly

Do you realize how foolish this post sounds????:rolleyes:

ALthough it DOES seem like your arguing, I will tell you that the resolutions department did this for us. And we're appreciative. That's all.

Brink, I am just the warner. You would probably never believe how many people had the Resolutions Department (the only department that even has the ability to do this, fwiw) do this only to have the higher department "correct" the exception. Take it for what it is worth, but I wouldn't expect to actually see that onboard credit once you are onboard if you were past your final payment date when you got that onboard credit.

Do you realize how foolish this post sounds????:rolleyes:

Do you realize that this topic has been beat to death but you felt like jumping into something that has nothing to do with you. This is what I'm talking about on these boards. If you don't have something nice to say DON'T SAY IT:mad:.

Do you realize that this topic has been beat to death but you felt like jumping into something that has nothing to do with you. This is what I'm talking about on these boards. If you don't have something nice to say DON'T SAY IT:mad:.

The truth isn´t always nice, but it still should be voiced. Sorry but I keep reading this dont´say it stuff... yada, yada.... and I don´t buy it. Some people just like to hear the truth and transfer it into not being nice.

NOt even starting th rehash who started the not so nice posts on this thread.:rolleyes:

Here's a crazy idea...how about taking your own advice.

Archived