Live from the Sapphire - March 24-31

flourpot

When we first got on the ship, we went to the library and noticed the frosted glass on the doors of the library books. During the first at sea day, the doors on the books were locked so it wasn't usable at all. We decided to play scrabble to help pass the time while passengers came in and out, frustrated that they couldn't even see the books so when they came back later, they could just grab what they wanted. Well, apparently someone heard us all complaining and during the night on Wednesday, they switched out the frosted glass for clear. I thought my eyes were deceiving me so I had to take a picture.

2012-03-28_17-52-14_902.jpg

When we first got on the ship, we went to the library and noticed the frosted glass on the doors of the library books. During the first at sea day, the doors on the books were locked so it wasn't usable at all. We decided to play scrabble to help pass the time while passengers came in and out, frustrated that they couldn't even see the books so when they came back later, they could just grab what they wanted. Well, apparently someone heard us all complaining and during the night on Wednesday, they switched out the frosted glass for clear. I thought my eyes were deceiving me so I had to take a picture.

It is incredible that they had the materials on board to do that!

It is incredible that they had the materials on board to do that!

That's what I thought. It was incredibly foggy yesterday so we were joking that they took the frosted glass from the library and installed it on the buffet windows. :-P

I'm sitting in my stateroom using my phone. I get really good signal here...better than SF.

Lost a post! It is 3am here in Australia. I am doing this on my phone cos I can't sleep.

The library is important to me because we will be traveling for a while and traveling light so I won't want to be weighed down by books but I love to read.*

The food sounds great! Mind you I am not fussy - as long as someone else cooks I will love it!

The cupcakes are soooo good! You can only get them during lunch in the buffet, so make sure you stop the by. Also, you can bring your own bowl to Scoops and they'll give you ice cream in it with sprinkles if you don't like the cone like me.

The cupcakes are soooo good! You can only get them during lunch in the buffet, so make sure you stop the by. Also, you can bring your own bowl to Scoops and they'll give you ice cream in it with sprinkles if you don't like the cone like me.

I am glad they have a gym onboard!!

I doubt it had anything to do with your complaining. We were on board Sapphire for the Mexico and Hawaii cruises preceding yours and were told the Frosted glass was scheduled to be replaced.

If you plan on getting off the ship in San Diego, be sure to have some sort of photo ID with you. When we were getting back on, they asked to see our ID before letting us pass. We used our drivers licenses, but any government issued photo ID will work (passport, ID card, drivers license, etc.).

Am I the only one who can't see the images she posted today?

Apparently, photobucket only allows for a certain # of views of the pics per month. I guess this topic has been too popular for the site and has timed out. If anyone wants to pay to upgrade my account, I'd be happy to post more pictures. ;-) Otherwise, it'll be text only posts from now on.

That is so great, that they heard the complaints and fixed it!!

I doubt it had anything to do with your complaining. We were on board Sapphire for the Mexico and Hawaii cruises preceding yours and were told the Frosted glass was scheduled to be replaced.

Awww, I liked the idea that it was due to their complaining!!!

Am I the only one who can't see the images she posted today?

I couldn't see any of the pics either and thought maybe it was my computer! Guess I'll just have to wait 2 more days!

PS to those who are also on the 3/31 cruise: I noticed there are a few new names but I've never seen you post on our thread. I've already made up the name labels and master list - where have you all been?

Laurie

Apparently, photobucket only allows for a certain # of views of the pics per month. I guess this topic has been too popular for the site and has timed out. If anyone wants to pay to upgrade my account, I'd be happy to post more pictures. ;-) Otherwise, it'll be text only posts from now on.

Hi Flourpot,

I posted this question several days ago (can't remember to whom) but didn't get a response. Can you please tell me if they had theme nights such as 50's/60's, 70's/80's (disco) and country western? I have saddle shoes and a poodle skirt that I love to wear plus all the other garb - love those theme nights! Thanks!

Laurie

Hi Flourpot,

I posted this question several days ago (can't remember to whom) but didn't get a response. Can you please tell me if they had theme nights such as 50's/60's, 70's/80's (disco) and country western? I have saddle shoes and a poodle skirt that I love to wear plus all the other garb - love those theme nights! Thanks!

Laurie

Hi Laurie, I responded right here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33112234&postcount=125

Archived