Live from the Sapphire - March 24-31

flourpot

I'm getting some high surf warnings on my WeatherBug for the San Diego area - lasting through Sunday. Have you seen/felt anything?

It hasn't come yet. The weather reports down here say Sunday into Monday. It's nice and Sunny here.

Off to dinner now. I'll post tomorrow from the ship's internet. If there's any questions, post them today and and I'll get to them tomorrow. Remember...no more picture posts! :-(

It hasn't come yet. The weather reports down here say Sunday into Monday. It's nice and Sunny here.

(

Sunday into Monday - just when we'll be leaving SD for Ensenada!!! Have had rough seas our last 2 cruises, hope this isn't developing into a pattern!! But I've got my pills and bracelets packed this time, hope they work.

Hi Flourpot,

I posted this question several days ago (can't remember to whom) but didn't get a response. Can you please tell me if they had theme nights such as 50's/60's, 70's/80's (disco) and country western? I have saddle shoes and a poodle skirt that I love to wear plus all the other garb - love those theme nights! Thanks!

Laurie

Best part about the theme nights was Indigo are the band for all of them (at least they were on the Hawaii cruise last week) - Had tons of fun at them though we missed the 70's one. :(

I love your postings! How yummy was Thursday's dinner? Hoping you get good weather and seas for your last day.

I had the goat cheese soufle (so good! I have it every cruise!), the butter leaf salad with shallot dressing, the lemon/strawberry sorbet, and the pan seared scallops. I had 2 desserts: the princess love boat dream and the menage a trois. Both were good. Tonight is the sail away dinner and I'll probably end up having the salmon for dinner.

Last night we went to dinner in the Santa Fe Dining Room (we've been there every night except for the first where we went to Pacific Moon). We both ate the same thing: goat cheese soufle, butter leaf salad, lemon/strawberry/thyme sorbet, and pan seared scallops. For dessert, I had 2 desserts: the princess love boat dream and the menage a trois and my mom had the sugar free chocolate mint cake. SIDE NOTE: the sugar free desserts are really quite good. They don't have the chemically taste that you find with most sugar free things. Don't be afraid of them!

Right after dinner, we went to the theater to see comedian AJ Jamal. He interacted more with the audience than Carlos Oscar, but I wouldn't see AJ again. Carlos was the best entertainer on board. He is up for the best entertainer on Princess and there is a good reason for it. If you get a chance, see Carlos.

Today, we finally woke up to sun and warmth! It's sunny and 77 degrees. We had an excursion booked to go out to the winery, but decided to cancel it and just wander around the town on foot. We had no problems going through town. Everything was very safe. There were a few people selling trinkets, but when I said no thanks, they left us alone with no problems.

There were 2 pub lunches on this cruise - one on each of the at sea days. We bought 3 future cruises today, so apparently, we'll be back. It was nice being in the US for our ports for the internet access on my phone, but we probably won't sail this itinerary again. We live on the west coast and have seen these areas before, so in the future, we're going to plan on sticking to itineraries where we have not visited.

what night is french night? Italian night (I am doing the coastal in May so sure it will be the same) want to do Sabatini's but don't want to miss either of those. (limencello and escargo)

There isn't a French night on the 7 day cruise. You'll only find that on longer itineraries.

Archived