Carnival Dream vs Oasis of the Seas

sjkabak

I am having an issue deciding between two cruises. I have made pro and con lists but still can't seem to make a decision.

Essentially I can go on the Carnival Dream in a Spa Balcony cabin for $1000 LESS than a Balcony cabin on the Oasis. The Oasis has some obvious advantages being so big, but is it worth the extra money? I am finding this a pretty hard decision to make. Anyone have an opinion? Anyone been on both? Would love to hear about it.

FYI: My wife and I will be travelling with our 3.5 year old, so that may make a difference.

I have been on both of these ships. They are not even remotely comparable, therefore the price is completely justified. Every penny more you spend to go on Oasis is worth it.

One cruise on Dream was enough for me. The ship is very poorly designed for the number of passengers on board. The pools are tiny and extremely cramped. This pretty much sums up all the public spaces. Small and cramped. It is the only ship I had to wait in a substantial line in the lido buffet. We're talking 10-15 minutes.

Oasis is just the opposite. I was so blown away, I returned 5 times to this class. Despite 6000 passengers, you never see them. It was never crowded and the pool deck is amazing, as is the entire ship. Your 3.5 year old will love the H2O Zone.

Go with Oasis. It really is that much better.

I am having an issue deciding between two cruises. I have made pro and con lists but still can't seem to make a decision.

Essentially I can go on the Carnival Dream in a Spa Balcony cabin for $1000 LESS than a Balcony cabin on the Oasis. The Oasis has some obvious advantages being so big, but is it worth the extra money? I am finding this a pretty hard decision to make. Anyone have an opinion? Anyone been on both? Would love to hear about it.

FYI: My wife and I will be travelling with our 3.5 year old, so that may make a difference.

How much more for disney? Oasis is big, but quality is not there. Do you want to pay for quantity or quality? If neither, just go on the cheapest one.

I recommend Oasis. I have cruised both ships. Dream isn't even in the same ballpark.

By the way, in response to another post, I don't know what his definition of quality is, but I have yet to find a cruise that matches the quality of my Oasis cruise. The shows were amazing and no other ship I have been on has the wow factor Oasis does.

How much more for disney? Oasis is big, but quality is not there. Do you want to pay for quantity or quality? If neither, just go on the cheapest one.

HUH? I was on Allure (sister ship to Oasis) and the quality was incredibly high. What more could you want?

To the OP: Oasis is well worth the cost over Carnival.

HUH? I was on Allure (sister ship to Oasis) and the quality was incredibly high. What more could you want?

Food and service was adequate, those are what defines quality to me. Overall experience was adequate, but definitely not good quality. It was like staying at a hyatt place, everything is adequate, but you won't mistaken it for a four seasons or regular hyatt. Just look around the ship and your cabin along with food and service, nothing quality about it, adequate is the best description. Much like shopping at your suburb mall or eating at applebee's.

Food and service was adequate, those are what defines quality to me. Overall experience was adequate, but definitely not good quality. It was like staying at a hyatt place, everything is adequate, but you won't mistaken it for a four seasons or regular hyatt. Just look around the ship and your cabin along with food and service, nothing quality about it, adequate is the best description. Much like shopping at your suburb mall or eating at applebee's.

Have you sailed the Carnival Dream? If not, how can you compare the two ships? :)

Well, some would call Olive Garden high quality, to each their own. I don't consider olive garden high quality. A lot of RCI ppl equate quantity to quality which is fine, but just not how I view quality. Quantity and quality are different to me.

Have you sailed the Carnival Dream? If not, how can you compare the two ships? :)

I've been on Carnival Valor and Destiny. Allure is basically a suburban mall on water, right down to the generic foodcourt atmosphere with the faux central park, flo rider/rock wall/zipline that you'll find in a suburban mall and assortment of mid level chain restaurant quality options and laughable entertainment despite the marketing.

I enjoy both lines as a cheap and easy vacation, but I wouldn't pay 2x more to eat at olive garden compared to applebee's which is how I feel paying more to be on the mall of the seas that is Oasis vs RCI's smaller ships or Carnival.

Carnival doesn't even try to hide their product or dress it up like RCI. But you won't mistaken either ship for quality, that's for sure (just look at the linens, towels and cabins on either). The food/service/cabins/fellow passengers are interchangeable between them. Those are quality, not the size of the Gap in Mall A vs Mall B.

I haven't been to either ship.

$1000 averages out to be about $140/day for a family of 3 for a 7-day cruise. Based on what I have learned about the difference between the ships, do I think Oasis is worth $140/night more than Carnival Dream for me and my family? mmmm .... I think I will choose Oasis in this circumstance.

BTW, for the $1k difference in price, are you comparing to an oceanview balcony on Oasis or is it a neighbourhood balcony? For us, I know it doesn't make much difference for my DW, but to me it is a huge difference.

Pick the Dream if you want to take a Crusie... Pick the Oasis if you want to spend a week in a Mall.. IMO:)

Pick the Dream if you want to take a Crusie... Pick the Oasis if you want to spend a week in a Mall.. IMO:)

As I said I haven't been to either ship. But I agree that if you just want to take a cruise pick the Carnival Dream. If you want to be on "something" that gives you the variety of feeling "on a cruise", AND "in a mall", AND "in an amusement park", and much more, then pick Oasis. I would imgaine a ship of that size should have plenty of places for me to explore and I can choose how busy or not busy a day I want to be, or how close to or how far away from the ocean I want to be. I think the premium price is on the variety of things that can be done onboard. But for anyone who has done both and has different experience please feel free to share.

Archived