Best time to get to Cape Liberty port to avoid lines

Rocky123

How long will it take to get from the Westin, Jersey City to Cape Liberty by taxi, on a Sunday. Would like to get there by 11:00 a.m. .

I's use 30 minutes as a reasonable estimate...although it could be done in about 20 minutes under ideal conditions.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you llooking for a hotel as well? Tell us your cruise date, number of people, budget and any other considerations and we'll describe the options available to you. There are a number of choices out there that we don't recommend - Newark is a highly urban area and you must be selective about where you stay and/or leave your car.

138east, I would love some recommendations for a hotel and parking arrangement! We are sailing in January but trying to make plans now. 4 couples, 4 cars and we are driving in the night before. I wonder if booking a hotel and just parking at the cruiseport is a better deal on a 7 night cruise than some of these Sleep and Cruise packages I've seen! The one deal (might have been Hampton Inn) I saw was $300!! I'd prefer to be closer to $200 if possible.

138east, I would love some recommendations for a hotel and parking arrangement! We are sailing in January but trying to make plans now. 4 couples, 4 cars and we are driving in the night before. I wonder if booking a hotel and just parking at the cruiseport is a better deal on a 7 night cruise than some of these Sleep and Cruise packages I've seen! The one deal (might have been Hampton Inn) I saw was $300!! I'd prefer to be closer to $200 if possible.

where are you all coming from??

i would suggest booking a room...or maybe a park & fly..then perhaps booking a mini bus.....if you all stay at the same hotel...

i would also call hotels direct...just one night?

check my blog...

http://mojitomegcapeliberty.blogspot.com/

we like the hotels on Glimcher Realty Way in Elizabeth/Newark, the Fairfield Inn by the airport (newark) and the Sheraton Meadowlands...

there are a couple transportation options too...Independent driver would be good for you but they do not have a website and only take reservations about 4-6 weeks ahead...no frills, but many CCers have used them....

hth...come back with more questions....

This is difficult to do now because all your choices are not yet available. Nothing is showing on trinityreservations and the choices on stay123 are very poor. The same thing happened last year. The park/sleep places buy their rooms in bulk and resell them at a terrific price with parking, but they do this on a yearly contract that is not yet set up for 2013.

Your only other park/sleep option would be the Hampton Inn on Staten Island for $151 incl tax, breakfast, parking, and round trip shuttle to the port. You can get the room for a little less if you have AAA. The advantage of this is that it is probably going to be the best price. The disadvantage is that you have sign up for their shuttle and go at the designated times. This usually works well for folks, but sometimes not. You will not be hopping off the ship and into your car service. There is an additional $12 toll to get to Staten Island.

So an important question is where you're coming from in PA and how important it is to get on the road quickly after you disembark.

• 3 years later...
We found Cape Liberty completely organized and smooth. We got there about 10:45 and were on the shuttle bus to the ship by 11:15.

We're arriving at 12:30 for Celebrity Summit departure...I thought I'd drop off the family and check the bags and go park...what is the process and how long will it take to return to them? IS this a walk to parking or a shuttle bus? I presume by 12:30-1pm the parking lot will be very full.

Is there valet parking? Can someone please advise on what to expect and how to make it the best experience?

We're arriving at 12:30 for Celebrity Summit departure...I thought I'd drop off the family and check the bags and go park...what is the process and how long will it take to return to them? IS this a walk to parking or a shuttle bus? I presume by 12:30-1pm the parking lot will be very full.

Is there valet parking? Can someone please advise on what to expect and how to make it the best experience?

You've posted on an old thread. Cape Liberty changed dramatically last Nov. There is no valet parking, you can drop the luggage and your family off and continue on to park. It should take no more than 10-15 minutes to park and walk back. This depends on how long the line is to pay and where in the lot you can park. They are still offering a shuttle bus between the lot and the terminal, but it's really not necessary unless you have a lot of luggage or mobility issues.