Hotel in Seattle Needs Ideas

cruisinmom1

Are you sailing out of Pier 66?

The Marriott is directly across the street - within easy walking distance to the Pike Place Market, Aquarium.... The Edgewater (where the Beattle's stayed back in the day), is right there too. We've stayed at both - for weekend vacations.

You should look at West Coast Departures in the ports of call section for more ideas. Those are the closest.

Enjoy.

Princess now uses pier 91, not 66 in Seattle. You will have to find a transfer from the hotel to the pier. Therefor any of the downtown hotels are within walking of everything, including the monorail to the Space Neadle. I agree that the West Coast departure board is a good place to ask your question.

Any of the Seattle downtown hotels should be sufficient. Each of the downtown neighborhoods has a different vibe, but there are always good places to eat within walking distance from whatever hotel you are staying at. Downtown Seattle, aside from the Pioneer Square area, is pretty safe and clean. I've never felt afraid or unsafe meandering around most parts of downtown Seattle late at night. Pioneer Square is very historic, however at night it tends to attract a "darker" element and I never feel quite as safe in Pioneer Square late at night as I do farther north in downtown Seattle.

The hotels in the Seattle Center area may be the best bet as they seem the closest by vehicle to Pier 91. Pier 91 is on the far north side of the harbor and is not really connected to the rest of the Seattle waterfront. Pier 91 isn't walking distance to anything.

Cab fare to Pier 91 from the Seattle Center area is about $15. You can also probably book a shuttle through the hotel's front desk. A number of downtown hotels, during the cruise season in Seattle, have regularly scheduled shuttle service to the piers, just ask the front desk where you are staying if they offer a shuttle, if not they'll get a cab for you.

The last cruise we took out of Seattle we stayed at the Comfort Suites Seattle Center. Rooms are fairly nice and some are very large, for some reason we got a 2 room suite, not sure how... The hotel front desk arranged for us to be in the shuttle to the pier, but we discovered that the cost of the shuttle isn't all that different from taking a cab. The hotel was under renovation when we stayed there, so the place is in very good condition right now.

We stayed at the Sheraton. It was within walking distance of Pikes Place Market and close to the momorail to the Space Needle. We took a shuttle to the port (can't remember the name) We had 4 people and it was better than a taxi with all our luggage.

On our return we stayed a night at the W hotel. It was ok but I liked the Sheraton location better.

You don't mention budget. I love the Kimpton Hotels in Seattle, especially the Vintage Park and the Monaco. All the Kimptons have a wine hour in the evening and coffee in the morning in the lobby where people actually stick around and chat.

The Vintage Park also has one of our favorite restaurants, Tulio.

For cheap and cheerful, we stayed in Holiday Inn Express near Spaceneedle. You can walk to Spaceneedle easily and catch monorail downtown. There is a slightly older Holiday Inn with a restaurant next door. We took a Towncar taxi from the hotel at 12 noon, were on board the Golden by 1pm and in the buffet by 1.15pm. Taxi cost about $20 and easily ordered through efficient front desk.

Bon Voyage !!

This past year we stayed at the Red Lion on 5th which was great, about a 4 block walk to Pike Place Market & convenient to lots of shopping. Later in the year we stayed at the Silver Cloud - Stadium...good hotel, bit of a ho-hum location but a free shuttle to the piers.

Archived