Prague Airport Transfers

tstr

Have not. We have used Prague Airport Transfers and was quite satisfied. Driver was waiting with a name sign at the airport, cost was quite reasonable. Also booked them for an early morning return to the airport and the driver was waiting in the lobby when we came down the elevator. I would use them again without hesitation.

Website link HERE.

We also used Prague Airport Transfers. Very good, native English speaking driver who gave us a mini tour on the way to the hotel. I would use them again.

BTW, it took a very long time for our luggage to come out in Prague--almost an hour.

Lots of available taxis at the airport with set fee into the center of

town.:)

wonder if tip inc.? and that was to city center,,we re at Old town Hilton,,,was transport service cheaper??Says a mini bus for less,,but,,after long flight....HATE to wait around.Just want to get to hotel and crash for a bit. ;)

We investigated before our trip last year...and this was a good choice....

I had read to avoid cabs...

The gentleman who greeted us with sign in hand with our name...was Canadian and spoke English....When we got off the plane...and exited the customs area...he was basically waiting right outside the door...

We booked in advance and got confirmation....

sand74

My travel agent gave us a price of $41 plus tip for a private car to the airport from the Inter-Continental Hotel.

wonder if tip inc.? and that was to city center,,we re at Old town Hilton,,,was transport service cheaper??Says a mini bus for less,,but,,after long flight....HATE to wait around.Just want to get to hotel and crash for a bit. ;)

We investigated before our trip last year...and this was a good choice....

I had read to avoid cabs...

The gentleman who greeted us with sign in hand with our name...was Canadian and spoke English....When we got off the plane...and exited the customs area...he was basically waiting right outside the door...

We booked in advance and got confirmation....

sand74

AAA,,,yellow top...cabs to be sure they re safe,,or fair...and can be found in line at airport..and DID check again regarding koruna,,,DID say $1 US dollar equal to 5.60 koruna and was 2012 Frommers book...glad I checked after Flyertalker posted prices NOW. So it would be around $35 or so...much better.And said to take Tram 22..goes to many tourist area,,but beware of pickpockets...as in any crowded city.

Why avoid cabs in Prague?

I had read on trip advisor...if I'm not mistaken....that the cabs in Prague quote one price and then ask for more money when you get to your destination....sort of bait and switch....check on trip advisor...that was where i found info. for transportation from airport to hotel in Prague....

After reading that, I investigated Prague Airport Shuttle....and made arrangements for pick up from the airport...

Either way....if you haven't already done so....whenever we're going to be spending time in any city....I always check out comments about that city on trip advisor forum....lots of info there as well....

I can't speak to avoiding taxis, but the tram system, along with the metro, works VERY well. Excellent website that can give you complete directions including times and stops.

I agree with this...we used these forms of transportation while in Prague, and it's a great way to get around.

Don't have any experience with a taxi though...

Archived