C&A Gold or Platinum

I am currently a Gold member with 29 days at sea. I just booked a 7 day Western Caribbean on the Freedom for August. My question is, will I be treated as a platinum member since I will pass the 30 mark during the cruise or I will have to wait until my next cruise? Either way I'm sure I'll have a great time but it would just be cool to have platinum on my sea pass. Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks,

Same exact thing happened to us. Unfortunately, you will have to wait till the next cruise to become platinum.

I am currently a Gold member with 29 days at sea. I just booked a 7 day Western Caribbean on the Freedom for August. My question is, will I be treated as a platinum member since I will pass the 30 mark during the cruise or I will have to wait until my next cruise? Either way I'm sure I'll have a great time but it would just be cool to have platinum on my sea pass. Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks,

Thanks,

Same exact thing happened to us. Unfortunately, you will have to wait till the next cruise to become platinum.

Same exact thing happened to my friend that was traveling with me in November. Became platinum after sailing.

This is all explained in very plain and explicit language on Royal Caribbean's website. Points are awarded after a cruise has been completed. You do not have the points, and thus do not have the C&A status that goes with those points, until a cruise is completed.

In our case we also crossed a threshold during a cruise (nothing exotic - zero status to Gold :) ).

Although our "official" status wouldn't change until after the cruise I talked to the Loyalty person during the cruise and she gave us a sticker for our seapass cards as well as one each of the coupon book associated with our new level.

We have cruised many times with other company's but have done one 10nt and two 7nt with Rccl ,at the moment they have us on 22 points in a few weeks we will do a 5nt which by my thinking should be 29 points but by c&a it will be only 27 !!!

Was your 10 night cruise before the system changed last year? If so it will only be counted as 7 and not 10 nights (unfair to those of us who have done longer cruises but that has all been debated before) and for some reason they added an extra point - maybe for luck! At least you would still have been below 30 points so wouldn't have moved to Platinum until after the next cruise anyway.

Gill

You're welcome Taps. We love RCCL but we also liked P&O so we might go with them again but with Cunard and Princess once was enough! (the first Cunard trip was very short and weather was terrible so I don't count that one lol_.

Gill

Our first and last cruise with P&O was in Nov to the Caribbean it was awful poor food,route for getting buffet food was too small people knocking people's trays while trying too get food , got one sunbed in 14days people fighting over them , plus was ports of call were good enjoy your net cruise by the way we were on the Ventura !

The way they converted old system to new and added a bonus point or two left a LOT of people at 22 or 29. If at 22 a typical seven nighter will leave them also at 29 - one short. Our 12nt TA counteded as two cruise credits and converted to 15 pts (one bonus) and then seven nighter puts us at 22 but upcoming 15nt will put us at 37 - we we cross the Platinum line half way but really the only difference in benefit is balony discount so if we book something onboard (or NextCruise) we can retroactive th discount after the official status change. The coupon book difference is minimal to worthless. We can probably get robes by asking and the with wheelchair we get boarded early anyway.

Not sure if having SeaPass say Platinum instead of Gold means that much to staff. I suspect that does not start to matter (if at all) until Diamond.

Archived