ventura cabin question

Jospen

Is anyone able to advise on the Ventura JC balcony cabin please. I believe they are situated on Riviera and A deck.

Is there noise on Riviera from Lido deck above? I notice some are near the laundrette and lifts. I have also read notes about "white boxes "....... i note there are white boxes outside JC cabins. The balcony, are they shaded from above? Any advice much appreciated:p

You need to consider what is above the cabin you are booking. If it is sunbeds, then they will be rearranged noisily early in the morning! A deck is probably a safer bet if it has cabins above. The balconies are shaded on both decks I think.

I've had a A deck balcony on Azura and Ventura (identical ships), they are not 'shaded from above' - there is no jut-out above you -the balconies are flat against ship the sun will hit the balcony at different times of the day depending where the sun is. You are not overlooked from above. If you were on C.D.E you would be.

Check on deck plan if a public venue is above you that could have noise issues, ie. caberet room, but otherwise you should be fine.

I suppose, it depends on what you mean by shaded from above. As Libralass says, the C, D, E balconies stick out, so are overlooked, but also benefit from direct sun. However, the other balconies are under the ones above, if you see what I mean, thus shaded. However, they will still get sun at certain times of day obviously. We have had A deck and D deck balconies in the past.

Is anyone able to advise on the Ventura JC balcony cabin please. I believe they are situated on Riviera and A deck.

Is there noise on Riviera from Lido deck above? I notice some are near the laundrette and lifts. I have also read notes about "white boxes "....... i note there are white boxes outside JC cabins. The balcony, are they shaded from above? Any advice much appreciated:p

I assume from your post that you are looking at a Guarantee booking, if so you are likely to find you are allocated one of the less favoured ones. Unfortunately with JC grade these will be the midship and aft cabins on Riviera under the laguna pool or the buffet area, and these also have a large overhang above them as well, so a bit more shady than the average balcony.

I would go down to JD or up to JB where you might be lucky and get a cabin on C deck with the double depth balcony.

Thanks to everyone for comments & advice. We have now been allocated a JB cabin C603. Having trawled the boards I see that this cabin can be noisy but is in a good position (below cabins) & has a larger balcony.

Any comments on whether to stick :)

C deck balconies are by far the biggest...and best in our opinion!!.... they are only half overlooked the other half being under cover so giving you a bit of shade should you need it and also shelter from the rain if it rains!!!

They are approximately 9 feet from the door to the rail so plenty of room to stretch out if you want!! We would only ever choose one of these cabins on Azura or Ventura regardless of where they were positioned (aft or for'd) :)

I tell you why Iam a little hesitant about C603. I read on another thread about it (& it's neighbours) being noisy, here is a quote:

“We were "upgraded" to C605 on Ventura & after asking around the forums it appeared to be a good move (large balcony as we spend a lot of time on it, midship etc). However, it was VERY noisey constant 24/7 drone & chugging noises (presumably from the funnels). We hardly slept for the week. I've since found out that P&O often use this cabin for "upgrades" as those "in the know" wouldn't book it!! Be warned avoid C605 & the others either side.”:eek:

Hence my concerns..... any comments would be appreciated before I ask my TA to see if she can move me.

Be prepared for the fact that there might not actually be any sun on a trip to Norway. Our first cruise was to there and we had wonderful weather - 80F most of the time, but everyone else I know who has been there always had rain virtually every day. Make sure you pack for every eventuality!

• 1 month later...
I tell you why Iam a little hesitant about C603. I read on another thread about it (& it's neighbours) being noisy, here is a quote:

“We were "upgraded" to C605 on Ventura & after asking around the forums it appeared to be a good move (large balcony as we spend a lot of time on it, midship etc). However, it was VERY noisey constant 24/7 drone & chugging noises (presumably from the funnels). We hardly slept for the week. I've since found out that P&O often use this cabin for "upgrades" as those "in the know" wouldn't book it!! Be warned avoid C605 & the others either side.”:eek:

Hence my concerns..... any comments would be appreciated before I ask my TA to see if she can move me.

I'm afraid the answer is that, yes, there are noise issues around the 601/603/605/607 area (and the equivalent cabins on the opposite side), on all decks. It's believed that the white space opposite these cabins is occupied by the exhaust uptakes, and this does produce a roaring noise. Some people found it not too objectionable, but others found that it affected the enjoyment of their cruise quite a bit.

We had C605 on Azura last November. I know its not Ventura but basically same Ship. Never heard a thing and had no trouble sleeping but that might have something to do with the bottle of red wine every night:p

I'm afraid the answer is that, yes, there are noise issues around the 601/603/605/607 area (and the equivalent cabins on the opposite side), on all decks. It's believed that the white space opposite these cabins is occupied by the exhaust uptakes, and this does produce a roaring noise. Some people found it not too objectionable, but others found that it affected the enjoyment of their cruise quite a bit.

I cruised on Ventura over Easter and occupied C607. It is true that there is some background noise from outside but I did not find it intrusive and it did not disturb my sleep. It was much quieter than the air conditioning units you find in most US hotels. One morning however, my steward left a pair of earplugs in my cabin. I asked her about these and she said that the occupants of the cabin next door (C605) had complained about the noise and asked for them, so she had got a pair for me as well!

Home from a wonderful cruise. Cabin c603 was noisier than other cabins. A drone from the funnel and a rattling noise in rough seas. We got used to the funnel noise and we slept OK. The rattling noise however..........I wonder if this was the technical fault which was the reason for our earlier return on Sat night.

Home from a wonderful cruise. Cabin c603 was noisier than other cabins. A drone from the funnel and a rattling noise in rough seas. We got used to the funnel noise and we slept OK. The rattling noise however..........I wonder if this was the technical fault which was the reason for our earlier return on Sat night.

Jospen, thanks for the update. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. Thanks for the feedback about how the noise affect you (or didn't). It's interesting to read how differently-affected people are by this noise.

Ummmm, we're in one of these cabins on Ventura leaving 3rd June to Iceland and Norway. Bit concerned now but too late to change cabins so fingers crossed. Not sure whether I should read many more reviews? Don't know what to pack either as weather is so changeable. Restricted to 20kg as we have to fly from Jersey. Oh these dilemmas!!!

Hi all going on Ventura 3rd June, on C deck cabin C501, travelling with our 2 kids, it's a cabin with 2 pull down beds and balcony, but was thinking about seeing how much it would be to upgrade to deluxe cabin for the extra space. Any advice welcome,

Hi all going on Ventura 3rd June, on C deck cabin C501, travelling with our 2 kids, it's a cabin with 2 pull down beds and balcony, but was thinking about seeing how much it would be to upgrade to deluxe cabin for the extra space. Any advice welcome,

I thought Gary would have been too busy on the X Factor to go cruising in June ! LOL:D

Seriously, what's good about C deck balcony cabins is that the balcony is bigger. Part covered too. If you are upgrading check the size of balcony.

Ummmm, we're in one of these cabins on Ventura leaving 3rd June to Iceland and Norway. Bit concerned now but too late to change cabins so fingers crossed. Not sure whether I should read many more reviews? Don't know what to pack either as weather is so changeable. Restricted to 20kg as we have to fly from Jersey. Oh these dilemmas!!!

I would go tomorrow! If you are a light sleeper, take some earplugs. The drone didn't bother us. Cabin is lovely, good size balcony. Mid ship very little/no movement

Archived