Would you purchase a future cruise coupon when onboard?

cruzlovr75

We are going on a cruise at the end of this week. I do know we will want to go on another cruise, not sure exactly when. But knowing me after we get home I will be in cruise withdrawl and be searching for another cruise! Should I purchase a future cruise coupon while on board? Have you done that before and is it a good idea? Thanks.

You can't lose. You have 2 years to book and must cruise wthin 3 years. You get a full refund if you are unable to book within 2 years. PAX that can plan ahead and book onboard get 2 Family and Friends certificates, if they book with you they receive the same OBC. Free money is never a bad deal.

If you know you wll cruise Carnival again..it is absolutely worth it! :) You end up with some OBC..and that is always nice!

They are always nice to have if you know you are going to cruise carnival again and if you dont you can get a refund before they expire. The biggest pain is redeeming the certificate on line. after filling out all your info you press send and nothing happens, i had to call carnival for help and after 10 min. it was done.

Definitely. We always do it. Can redeem online but it sometimes doesn't work with certain browsers. You can also call carnival and be done in 5 mins.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The only drawback is if you lose them, they are gone. Carnival doesn't want to keep track and help you recover lost vouchers.

That's incorrect. We misplaced the last one we bought ans they found it because they track them all. It helps them if you cam remember which ship they were bought on. Their database ia by ship sols then name and date bought.

I would if you know you are going to go on another Carnival Cruise in the next 2 years. Why not already have 100 dollars paid towards your next cruise and have a 100 dollar OBC. It is a win win in my book:)

Both my mom and I have done it. We redeemed one already and we did it through the mail. It was nice that the OBC was divided between us both instead of to one person. Going to send out another one this week for next year cruise and I still have one that is good until 2014. I love it!

Pam;)

how much are they?

Sent from my ipad using tapatalk hd

$100.00 You're basically pre-paying $100 towards your next cruise. After you book and redeem it you'll receive $50-200 OBC, depending on the length of your next cruise.

Yes, they are like free money and are easy to get with fair terms and are easy to redeem. They charge your cc separately from the s&s account and deliver the certificate later in the cruise.

We are using two on this cruise (1 per cabin) and are getting $50 free money on each. The longer the cruise, the more free money.

Just remember they only can be used on unbooked future cruises.

It is fun to see the reps face on the ship when you stop by on the second cruise day because they get most of their business on the last days.

How much are they?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

$100 which you apply to the cost of your next cruise. Then depending upon the length of the cruise between $50-$200 is applied as OBC. Its $100 OBC for a 7 day. If you forget about the certificate until after final payment they will apply the original $100 as OBC too if you ask them too.

FYI when they first came out you could not use them with the military discount so I had them refund my money. No problem. Now you can use them with the military discount so that makes it even better. We bought one on a cruise the end of March and found a deal leaving tomorrow. Since it was past final payment they just gave me the whole amount as OBC. I now have $150 dollars to spend.:D

I bought one on my girls' cruise the end of Jan. and used it when I booked our Feb. 20th anniversary cruise. I booked with a pvp and it was no problem redeeming it with her. We bought 2 more on the anniversary cruise. We will continue to buy them. Love, love free money....

Yes, they are like free money and are easy to get with fair terms and are easy to redeem. They charge your cc separately from the s&s account and deliver the certificate later in the cruise.

We are using two on this cruise (1 per cabin) and are getting $50 free money on each. The longer the cruise, the more free money.

Just remember they only can be used on unbooked future cruises.

It is fun to see the reps face on the ship when you stop by on the second cruise day because they get most of their business on the last days.

Meant to say $100 each per cabin

The only drawback is if you lose them, they are gone. Carnival doesn't want to keep track and help you recover lost vouchers.

I recommend photocopying your certificate or jotting the certificate number. We booked two weeks ago using a PVP and simply gave the certificate number over the phone and that was it. No going on line or sending it by mail. It was applied within a couple of days.

Would you get $50.00 for a 4 night cruise?

When DH and I go in November We are both thinking about buy 2 to use when we sail with his brother and wife. We will book the boys in one cabin and girls in another so we can use both. Would we also be able to get my BIL and SIL the family cert and use then as well?

We are going on a cruise at the end of this week. I do know we will want to go on another cruise, not sure exactly when. But knowing me after we get home I will be in cruise withdrawl and be searching for another cruise! Should I purchase a future cruise coupon while on board? Have you done that before and is it a good idea? Thanks.

We did purchase one last cruise. It's like free money. I'd say that's a good idea.

Hope you have a great time.

We always purchase one. For Carnival we try to have at least one available. We just used one for our Sept cruise and we still have one available if we see a cruise we like. Now on the Sept cruise we will purchase one to replace the one we used. Best part is the 100 OBC. We do the same for Princess. For our cruise next week we used one for it. While on board we will purchase another. For Princess they cost more (200). We try to get a Princess cruise every couple years.

Archived