Would you purchase a future cruise coupon when onboard?

cruzlovr75

Thanks for all the great replies. So it sounds like a win win situation, I am going to purchase 1 next week.

One more question. Does the coupon work for 1 coupon per cabin or should my husband and I get both buy 1 each for a future cruise?

PAX that can plan ahead and book onboard get 2 Family and Friends certificates, if they book with you they receive the same OBC.

We do buy FCC's so I'm a cheerleader on that. But I have a question about the F&F certificates...

If we book a cruise onboard and get those 2 F&F certs... when the family member books their cruise, can they combine with their own FCC they purchased on a previous cruise? Since the FCC's are from different sources (one they bought themselves and one we give them as a 'gift'), I am wondering if they get $100 x 2 as a reduction on their cruise price plus whatever OBC x 2? Or cannot they not be combined?

Guessing they cannot be combined but checking just in case.

~Denise

You can't lose. You have 2 years to book and must cruise wthin 3 years. You get a full refund if you are unable to book within 2 years. PAX that can plan ahead and book onboard get 2 Family and Friends certificates, if they book with you they receive the same OBC. Free money is never a bad deal.

Well worth it. We have purchased 1 on every Carnival Cruise we have been on, can't pass up the free $100 OBC (we alway's do 8 day cruises)

Definitely will buy another FCC on my next cruise. What is not to love about free OBC. As long as you plan to sail in the next couple of years. So I didn't lose my certificate, I placed it with our passports. Plus looking at it gave me an excuse to book a cruise.

I bought one while on Conquest - had to hop off the ship in Jamaica and fly home - so i did not get my certificate when it was delivered to the room.

I called Carnival - they provided the certificate number, and I used the on-line form to redeem.

I bought one when we were on the Magic this past March and just entered it today online as we are booked on the Conquest this Sept 30th.

I would not use them for the shorter trips - it's only a $50 OBC - but $50 is $50 right? - JMHO :)

I would not use them for the shorter trips - it's only a $50 OBC - but $50 is $50 right? - JMHO :)

Why wouldn't you use them for shorter trips? Where else can you earn $50 on a $100 investment?

I try to keep one ahead so if I book next year's cruise before I go on this year's cruise, I will have one available.

Glad I do that as this year we decided to book B2B for 2013. Since I had 2 on hand (one bought in 2011 & one bought in 2012), I was all set.

In 2013, I'll have to buy 2 more to always be one ahead.

So wait, how many can use use in a cabin? And the friends and family, do they have to have their on cabin or can they be in yours?

You can only use 1 per cabin. If you book a cruise while onboard you would get the OBC and 2 F&F certificates for others to book their own cabin on your cruise and they would get the same OBC.

(SUNDIEGO) In answer to your question, you cannot combine two on board credits. I purchased a cruise while on the freedom last week and got an immediate $100 on board for the Liberty for 2/13. I asked if I could also buy a voucher and they said that voucher could not be applied to that cruise. The nice part of the cruise purchased on board credit is that it is immediate and you don't have to submit any papers. Carnival does it at the time of purchase and it appears immediately as a credit on the BOOKING SUMMARY sheet. You don't have to follow up to see if it got accepted.

I also found that booking a cruise on the ship made it much easier than doing a phone purchase. The Carnival Rep was very knowledgeable. I would inquire about a cruise and he would print out a 2 page summary of prices and other details for each cruise. I took them back to the cabin for a review and purchased the cruise five days later. They also have very large detailed maps of the ships to help determine cabin selection. It was very convenient. They also held two meetings where you could go and ask questions and you could hear what other cruisers were doing. There is nothing wrong with buying a voucher but if you are sure you will be buying a cruise, I would recommend buying the cruise while on the ship. It's just easier.

One other point, if you buy a cruise on the ship, it can be immediately assigned to your Travel Agent. They get full credit so not only did I get the $100 Carnival credit but also a credit from the Travel Agent. This also gave me the opportunity to buy travel insurance that is not Carnival. Carnival insurance does not cover pre existing conditions.

We purchased the FCC on our last cruise and will never do it again. It cost us $100. We will get that applied to the cost of our next cruise, but the $100 cruise credit isn't worth it for them to lock up my $100 out of my pocket until my next cruise.

On our first cruise we bought through Priceline and they gave us a voucher for two free nights hotel stay through them. That had a value of $140.

If we didn't stay in hotels, the cruise credit would be better. But the hotel stay voucher was an awesome deal and immediately after booking the cruise through priceline we just went to Carnival's website to complete the details with our booking number... same as we've received going through a PVP.

I have and it is a good idea. It just didn't work on a cruise that I had booked and paid for.:( So I had to book another cruise.:D I personally like knowing that I have OBC! Makes me smile when I get on the ship and walk up to a bartender and order a Virgin Pina Colada-it's all paid for.:p

A friend of mine is showing a strong interest in going on a cruise with me next year. Can I buy two FCC and have one in her name?

I read last week that you can buy a "Bringing a Guest" type of voucher, for a new cruiser. I would suggest just talking to the rep once you are on the ship, if your freind is serious have her give you the 100.00 for the voucher and you will be all set.:)

Archived