Bringing pop onto a carnival cruise

jjjk444

Silly question but how do you bring on pop?? In the case in your carry-on? Individual bottles? Can you put a luggage sticker on it and can it be delivered with your luggage to the room??

Help!!

We will each have a bottle of wine in our carry-on already so not sure it can all fit!;)

Silly question but how do you bring on pop?? In the case in your carry-on? Individual bottles? Can you put a luggage sticker on it and can it be delivered with your luggage to the room??

Help!!

We will each have a bottle of wine in our carry-on already so not sure it can all fit!;)

People carry it own different ways. I have seen people just carrying a 12 pack, but others just brink an extra bag and carry their soda in that. It will probably be easiest if that bag has wheels for easier transport. Your rooms won't be ready until about 1:30pm so you will have to keep that stuff with you for a couple of hours or so. Depending on how many people are in your party and are bringing drinks, it may start to get a little heavy if are doing a lot of walking and don't have the proper bag to keep your drinks in.

So you carry with you all day until you can check into your room?? That seems like a pain so I will have to rethink this!

Yeah. We carried on beverages for our first cruise and it was kind of a pain and we didn't drink as much as we bought on, so we no longer do it. However, if you are looking to save a little $$ or have preferences that are not offered on the ship, a couple of hours (or less if you board the ship later) isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

We both drink Diet Pepsi. The cruise lines only sell Coke products. What I do is buy a couple of the 8-packs of 12 oz. throw-away bottles (not cans). I put a couple of bottles each in doubled zip-lock bags in our check-in luggage for the flight. Then, after we get to the port, I switch the sodas from our checked bags to our rolling carry-ons. This works out well for us. As others have stated, you can usually take your carry-ons to your cabin by around 1:00 p.m. (or sometimes sooner).

Yes, you got away with it. But that's not what's requested that you do.

:)

Sorry I didn't know there were guidelines on how it should and shouldn't be done. Done it that way the past 3yrs nobody told me I was doing it wrong.

Archived