Emerald & Diamond Differences?

To me the two biggest differences are the balcony discount and the Diamond Lounge/Event. I've only been Diamond a short while so I'm sure others will chime in :)

Here is the difference in balcony discount, for less then 6 months out reduce the amount by $25

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

BonVoyage

Dawna

100 more bucks in my pocket for a balcony cabin, it's the only perk I care about and why D + with only an extra $25 mystifies me:confused: don't get me wrong, if I get around to taking that many royal cruises, I'll take the 25 bucks, but that's an awful lot of loyalty and not a very big payout!

100 more bucks in my pocket for a balcony cabin, it's the only perk I care about and why D + with only an extra $25 mystifies me:confused: don't get me wrong, if I get around to taking that many royal cruises, I'll take the 25 bucks, but that's an awful lot of loyalty and not a very big payout!

I think that access to concierge lounge is a great benefit for Diamond +. That is a pretty big payout to me.

I concur. The biggest jump seems to be Emerald to Diamond. We just made Diamond and don't think the benefits of D+ are worth the push to get there. But we don't drink either....so all the parties and everything mean nothing to us. The coupons are a bit better in the D+ book.

I concur. The biggest jump seems to be Emerald to Diamond. We just made Diamond and don't think the benefits of D+ are worth the push to get there. But we don't drink either....so all the parties and everything mean nothing to us. The coupons are a bit better in the D+ book.

The Internet is more ( but I try to get away from it when on vaca anyway) But I would use the free bag of laundry, since I use the discounted one now...but that's a lotta cruises just to get my panties washed for free!:rolleyes:

On upcoming Allure b2b. In the Diamond lounge, is their a set menu of drinks(spirits) offered????? Does one order anything or is one confined to well type drinks.

Just well type drinks, plus beer, house wine, and soda.

No whisky, rhum , vodka etc like on Celebrity?

Yes you can get whiskey, gin, rum or vodka mixed drinks. I have even seen cosmos and martinis being made. Not sure if they are available on all ships with a Diamond lounge. I saw them on Oasis/Allure.

Yes you can get whiskey, gin, rum or vodka mixed drinks. I have even seen cosmos and martinis being made. Not sure if they are available on all ships with a Diamond lounge. I saw them on Oasis/Allure.

Thanks. Most probably they are available fleet wide.

We just made Emerald, and after next cruise we will be Diamond... for ships without a DL, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference? Except the booking discount.

All ships without a DL have a nightly Diamond event (happy hour), and a Diamond breakfast with complementary specialty coffee.

Archived