More 20-30 year olds on ships

in2movyz

Younger crowd Celebrity or Royal Caribbean  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Younger crowd Celebrity or Royal Caribbean

• Better line for multi generational cruising
    • better line for 18-30 year olds.

Hi were planning an Alaskan cruise (multi generational) our choices in lines are Celebrity or Royal Caribbean. Our last cruise on Carnival had either older or much younger kids so our 20 year olds were board. Can anyone suggest which of these two lines we would have better luck with.

your poll is confusing :confused: People can answer by posting a response, but can't answer using the poll because you ask Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, but then have no place to answer Celebrity or Royal Caribbean. If someone selects a better age range in the answer, how do you know which cruise line? You need 4 options in your answers

Celebrity is better for multi-generational

or

RCCL is better for multi-generational

Celebrity is better for 18-30 yo

or

RCCL is better for 18-30 yo

your poll is confusing :confused: People can answer by posting a response, but can't answer using the poll because you ask Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, but then have no place to answer Celebrity or Royal Caribbean.

Poll Question: Dogs or Cats?

Choice 1: Blue

Choice 2: Spaghetti

Hi were planning an Alaskan cruise (multi generational) our choices in lines are Celebrity or Royal Caribbean. Our last cruise on Carnival had either older or much younger kids so our 20 year olds were board. Can anyone suggest which of these two lines we would have better luck with.
Royal Caribbean is far better than Celebrity for 20 year olds. What ship are you considering?

You're doing an Alaska cruise. Nothing is ideal for 20 somethings on an Alaska cruise.

20 somethings want sunshine, hot bodies, beaches, and beverages.

I haven't been on an Alaska cruise yet, but I disagree. I know a lot of 20-somethings that love the outdoors and Alaska holds great appeal, especially the excursions like glacier hiking and dog sledding, kayaking, whale watching.

Ok all sorry I didn't understand the poll thing and I can't delete it so I'm sorry for the confusion. Just ignore the poll. :confused:

You did just fine. I knew exactly what you meant and what information you were seeking. Ignore the snotty replies that are totally out of line. It's a reflection on them, not you.

I haven't been on an Alaska cruise yet, but I disagree. I know a lot of 20-somethings that love the outdoors and Alaska holds great appeal, especially the excursions like glacier hiking and dog sledding, kayaking, whale watching.

My confusion.

I guess I missed all the spring breakers headed for Nome, Barrow, Halifax, and Antartica. Not sure who all those people were in Cancun, South Florida, Corpis Cristi, Arizona, and the Bahamas. :D

Please don't hesitate to post more questions. We're seniors and found Celebrity to be stuffy even for us. For Alaska, you'll want a ship with lots of glass ... ie - the Radiance. It's a stunning ship, glass elevator, classy decor, good food, spotlessly clean. Everyone will love it. If you can snag an aft balcony, do so. You can sit outside and avoid the chilly winds that you'll encounter on the side balconies. What date?

My confusion.

I guess I missed all the spring breakers headed for Nome, Barrow, Halifax, and Antartica. Not sure who all those people were in Cancun, South Florida, Corpis Cristi, Arizona, and the Bahamas. :D

Huh?

Between the 2, the 20 years olds will be much happier on Royal Caribbean. However, you should be aware that Alaskan cruises tend to have an older crowd on board. There will not be a lot of people in that age range, but the night clubs will be more active on RCI.

:D Personally, I am going with Blue Dogs and Spaghetti Cats. Thanks for the biggest chuckle I've had all day.

OP, you can email the moderators to have the poll removed or edited. I think your best choice for your family would be Royal Caribbean.

We like both cruise lines just fine, but for 20-30 year-olds I'd definitely say Royal Caribbean, especially one of ships with the climbing wall, etc.

Most Alaska cruises will have an older demographic, but the RCI ships do have more active things to do on board and 'maybe' a younger vibe.

My confusion.

I didn't say they aren't interested in the booze beach and babes too lol Just that Alaska holds great appeal too. I live near Yosemite and the majority of hikers, campers and backpackers are 20 somethings and I'm sure they would all LOVE an Alaska trip. The great outdoors is a huge draw :)

You did just fine. I knew exactly what you meant and what information you were seeking. Ignore the snotty replies that are totally out of line. It's a reflection on them, not you.

I didn't mean to be "snotty" at all, it was just confusing and I thought if OP actually wanted poll results she might want to fix it or repost it

Between the 2, the 20 years olds will be much happier on Royal Caribbean. However, you should be aware that Alaskan cruises tend to have an older crowd on board. There will not be a lot of people in that age range, but the night clubs will be more active on RCI.

I know a lot of people who save Alaska and Eastern NA cruises and vacations for when they are seniors as travel health insurance is quite high especially for the ones that have health issues. I would love to do a family cruise to these destinations but I am in the minority in my household.

Archived