Bookings on B2B cruises

no fuss travel

Just curious. When Oceania offers a longer cruise which is actually two separate cruises, how do they determine how many cabins they will sell for each cruise? Also, on a B2B cruise has anyone ever had to change cabins for the different segments if they had not booked it that way?

J Also, on a B2B cruise has anyone ever had to change cabins for the different segments if they had not booked it that way?

Do you mean booking 2 different cabins a B2B or booking a Grand Voyage (with segments) & having to move?

We always book early & ask for the same cabin for both cruises

Once we had 2 different cabins on a B2B but but my TA was able to waitlist us for the the same cabin & we did not have to move in the end

Do you mean booking 2 different cabins a B2B or booking a Grand Voyage (with segments) & having to move?

Yes, that is what I meant. Did not come across too well. We have the same cabin for both segments on our Grand Voyage, but I am finding it fascinating to watch the two separate segments and see how the cabin situation is changing. One of the segments is just about all wait listed whereas the Grand Voyage is not. We are looking forward to the cruise but I think I am looking forward to my retirement date even more.:D The retirement date comes before the cruise.

You may or may not notice much of a change when one of the B2B cruises ends and another begins. We've done this several times, but booked the same suite for each segment. When one cruise ended, we simply stayed out of everybody's way, and our suite was cleaned early so we could come and go as necessary.

I didn't pay much attention who or what occupied which for each segment. Several others were like us and were taking both as a "Back To Back". It's a great way to have a longer cruise - if you can spare the time - and with a retirement coming up, YOU CAN!

We have done 3 b/b and one b/b/b grand voyages. On our last b/b there were only 9 of us who did it. They had a lovely luncheon for us on the transition day. We also have also had the same cabin with one exception when we added a segment several weeks after we booked and our category was already sold out. Enjoy!:)

Just curious. When Oceania offers a longer cruise which is actually two separate cruises, how do they determine how many cabins they will sell for each cruise? Also, on a B2B cruise has anyone ever had to change cabins for the different segments if they had not booked it that way?

We booked a carribbean cruise in one veranda cabin and the prior to sailing we added the TA Miami to Barcelona. On the second leg we were required to change cabis in the same catagory. This was no problem as the cabin staff took care of the move of all our belongings. Wepacked the small stuff from drawers and medidine cabnets and the move clocet good on the existing hangers. Pat and I got off the ship and went shopping for camera equipment in Miami.

Bill

We always book early & ask for the same cabin for both cruises. Once we had 2 different cabins on a B2B but but my TA was able to waitlist us for the the same cabin & we did not have to move in the end

You're lucky Lyn -- we've had to move each time. BUT NOT THIS SUMMER! We have the same cabin for the entire summer. :)

On our only back to back--Barcelona to Copenhagen and Copenhagen to Stockholm on Marina last year, Oceania made the necessary cabin change absolutely seemless and easy. All we did was pack up the medicine cabinet and a few incidentals and they took care of the rest. Also, we did not have to leave the ship.

Wiks:)

You're lucky Lyn -- we've had to move each time. BUT NOT THIS SUMMER! We have the same cabin for the entire summer. :)

That is great ...I remember on your B2B2B you had to change each segment

enjoy the cruise

Say Hi to Jeff for us

Lyn

You have been very lucky. Two years ago on Regatta we were on B2B and the changeover was in Miami. Even though we had booked a year in advance, we were unable to get the same cabin for both segments. Our TA said that they would help us move. They gave us an upgrade which was one deck up. We were told that we would receive help and could just leave everything on the hangers and put them on the rack and we would be assisted.

Well we waited for over an hour as our cabin stewardess tried to get someone to help. No one came. Then we were told that we would have to get off the ship for it to be cleared. We got off and then had to wait for over half an hour before we could get back on. After getting back on, there was still no one to assist us. Then our stewardess said that no one was coming to help. We make a few trips after putting everything in our suitcase. I wrote after but never received any compensation for the trouble. It seems that you must get off to clear the ship in the US.

We did have B2B with another cruise line that changed over in Southampton. We did not have to get off the ship. We did not change cabins either and it was just like another day on board.

I will never take a B2B if I had to change cabins.

Only good thing from that cruise. My husband and I were FIRST PASSENGERS on a cruise as we were the first to get back on for the second cruise.

Archived