Buying Art.....

I would like to get a couple of Art (pictures/paintings) while in Cozumel or Grand Cayman. Something that looks tropical/caribbean and reminds me of our trip. I can frame them when I get home.

Are there any places in Cozumel or Grand Cayman? How are the prices ? How did you get them home safely?

I would like to get a couple of Art (pictures/paintings) while in Cozumel or Grand Cayman. Something that looks tropical/Caribbean and reminds me of our trip. I can frame them when I get home.

Are there any places in Cozumel or Grand Cayman? How are the prices ? How did you get them home safely?

I've never bought art in a port. I have purchased some Thomas Kincaid prints at the art shows on board and got a pretty good deal in the past. Not such great prices now but still fun to go for the free champagne!:D

If you're referring to local art, look for a place that sells local arts & crafts when in port. We bought a couple of small paintings when we were in Labadee, Haiti. We wrapped them in a couple of our t-shirts to protect them and carried them on the plane with us when we flew home.

I bought a piece of art from an artist in Key West. You aren't moving thousands of dollars in art when you buy from a local. He put it in a bag for me and I brought on board. I framed it when I got home. In Nassau and Cozumel some of the local art runs around 5-10 bucks. Alot of the art in Cozumel was painted on wood, and easy to transport. Just make sure your art is local to the area, and not part of some Chinese factory-starving artist stuff.

Archived