Obstructed view balcony vs. ocean view

alliemom39

I was wondering what others would do? I am currently booked on the Carnival Legend. I have booked adjoining rooms with my parents in an obstructed view balcony. Rooms 5167 and 5169. I am second guessing my choice. Do you think it would have been better to just get an ocean view room rather than having the obstructed view? I am all ready had my max for the cost of the cruise or I would have booked the better balcony. :(. By the way, this is our first cruise.

Since it is your first cruise keep what you have. You have the whole ship to explore and enjoy. Our first cruise we wanted to do all we could so we were not on our balcony as much. Now we know what we don't want to participate in so we enjoy our balcony more. I think you are fine with your choice.

An obstructed view balcony means there are "walls" about 1+ feet wide on the sides of your balcony. You still have a private outside space. An ocean view means you have a window with no outside space.

What you booked is fine. You will enjoy it. No worries. Certainly don't exceed your budget. Bon Voyage.

Your obstructed balcony will have a lifeboat that sits at the railing.

You can not look down in the water.

Depending on the rate that you booked you might not be able to downgrade.

Do you know if you booked early saver?

if not-- how about looking into a 4K which is an inside cabin that features french doors that open- which gives you fresh air.

You can not go outside though.

As a first time cruiser will you use the balcony? some are just so anxieous that they need to be out and about --afraid they are missing something.

Legend is a relaxing cruise before and after the ports-- will you use the balcony?

2656775870097515536lsubTD_th.jpg

387235121dzyGPY_th.jpg

The first 3 boats are tender boats, and they sit higher at the railing as Serene56 mentioned...cabin 5167 will have a tender boat. 5169 will have a lifeboat and they sit level with the balcony deck. If you share the decks, just sit more on the 5169 end and you should be able to see straight out.

I researched this deck a lot on The Spirit, because I wanted one on the repo to Australia. I booked mine in the aft group of 7A's between lifeboats. I also did a search of my room number and some past guests had posted pics.

If you go go to the Carnival site and do a search on 5167 or 5169, you can get more info. I think you will be fine though.

You made a good choice. I agree to not really using the balcony. DH loves balcony. It's ok to me. I do like having room service and having morning coffee and maybe a pastry. We like having a cocktail before dinner. Never saw the sun rise from the balcony, which we thought we would. Never saw the sun set either.

Thank you everyone for the kind replies. We are really looking for our cruise. I think the replies that said we won't even sit on the balcony are probably right. We will want to see as much of the boat as possible.

shhh, its NOT a boat-- its a ship.

Archived