How do i iron clothes?

mymel

On ships that do not permit irons (most ships - irons are a big fire risk), you don't iron.

You either send your things out for pressing or you pack carefully with dry cleaner bags which keep clothes from wrinkling. I almost never need anything to be pressed.

Hanging things in a steamy bathroom during hot showers often removes most wrinkles.

I avoid ironing like the plague.:p. A few things you can do are Downy wrinkle release - spray and hang from the suitcase; hang the item you want to smooth out in the bathroom while the shower is going - the steam will help - this works if you can find a place in the bathroom to hang it. Lastly, wrinkle prevention when packing. Dry cleaner bags for dresses and jackets and tops and pants neatly folded, placed in ziplock bags with the air squeezed out, work very well (and save space, too;)).

On Sea Princess last summer, we were pleased to find irons in the self serve laundry rooms. I'm guessing it's the same on other Princess ships?? And as the laundry machines were free to use, you could also run stuff in the dryer a little help to help with wrinkles. Worked for me!

Carnival and Princess have self-service laundry rooms that have irons. RCI and NCL do not. On RCI, if you want something ironed you pay for the service. On NCL, you are sometimes able to request to borrow an iron, but this is hit or miss on some ships.

When traveling on ships with no self-serve laundry rooms, I pack items in plastic dry cleaner bags and use Downy wrinkle release or hang on the bathroom door when I shower.

I just wear the clothes wrinkled.......pulls attention away from my face wrinkles.

Also, those of us that are sophisticated cruisers know that wrinkles are in.

We specifically look for people with well pressed outfits, point them out, then mock and laugh at them for being such neophytes.:rolleyes:

Archived