Food options on the Spirit to Alaska??

islandgals

Hi, I understand that the Spirit has been recently drydocked and wonder if it has any of the new food options such as burritos, guy's burgers etc... Also, do they serve more seafood on the Alaskan trips?? Any favs?? Thanks :)

Hi, I understand that the Spirit has been recently drydocked and wonder if it has any of the new food options such as burritos, guy's burgers etc... Also, do they serve more seafood on the Alaskan trips?? Any favs?? Thanks :)
Spirit will not be getting the 2.0 upgrades as she will be repositioning to Australia next year.

We were on her in 2010, and there was always at least two to three seafood options nightly... pacific cod, alaskan king crab legs, salmon, shrimp, bassa filet, halibut, etc... the food was absolutely mind-blowing, and we could not get over the freshness and deliciousness of it!!!

Spirit will not be getting the 2.0 upgrades as she will be repositioning to Australia next year.

We were on her in 2010, and there was always at least two to three seafood options nightly... pacific cod, alaskan king crab legs, salmon, shrimp, bassa filet, halibut, etc... the food was absolutely mind-blowing, and we could not get over the freshness and deliciousness of it!!!

I hope that holds true for 2012!

Recently John Heald posted the menus for Alaska, and from what I remember of my dining on Carnival Dream in October, they were pretty much the same. I downloaded all of them to my phone so I'm not sure I could transfer them here....

I thought there must be some mistake, because it didn't offer any unique seafood choices to the area and when I cruised Carnival to Alaska before (long time ago on the Jubilee), I know they offered a different salmon dish (at least) every night.

Hoping someone has some current (better) info.

Valerie

On our Alaska cruise on the Spirit last year (third one) I didn't see anything special on the menu. I'd love it if Carnival did regional menus. There were crab legs one night and there's usually a fish entree on the menu, but even the salmon they serve isn't Alaskan salmon. And, it's the same quality as usual--good, but not great.

Your best options for good seafood will be in port. With the absolute best being Tracey's Crab Shack in Juneau. Amazing! :D

I am quite disappointed in the elimination of special seafood dishes for the Alaska cruise. I remember reading the trip reports on Zydeco cruiser and seeing all the photos of the unique seafood dishes. Another unfortunate casualty of Carnival cost cutting.

Archived