Upgrade

Arizona

I suggest that you review the threads regarding Vista suites. We have been offered similar upgrades, but have avoided Vista suites because of the location. We do better in the back of the boat. Location could make your decision.

Good luck, whatever you choose.

I realize this thread is old but I had to search regarding this specific upgrade because I was offered a Vista suite for several European itineraries this spring at no extra charge to me if I forfeit my Oceania suite for Caribbean Hideaways 2/12/13 (next week!!). I'm currently scouring my brochures and trying to figure out if I can make this work. Part of me wants to try for a much desired Med. cruise in a Vista and my more sensible side is steering me toward escaping the cold Boston weather for sun and fun in the islands now. BTW I figure the dollar amount of this to equal upwards of $10k. Please feel free to comment and or suggest...

The big question is do you want to go to the MED or the Caribbean:confused:

For me is it a no brainer ...I would steer clear of a Vista suite as I do not like to be at the front of the ship :D

Now if they offered me an OS on Marina :)

Tough choice to make

Enjoy whatever cruise you decide on

Lyn

The Med isn't that rough usually. I don't like the bow either.

And I would use the money like someone suggested on a cheaper cruise or just stay in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. It is really nice there now.

Of course you have plane fare to Europe to consider.

I realize this thread is old but I had to search regarding this specific upgrade because I was offered a Vista suite for several European itineraries this spring at no extra charge to me if I forfeit my Oceania suite for Caribbean Hideaways 2/12/13 (next week!!). I'm currently scouring my brochures and trying to figure out if I can make this work. Part of me wants to try for a much desired Med. cruise in a Vista and my more sensible side is steering me toward escaping the cold Boston weather for sun and fun in the islands now. BTW I figure the dollar amount of this to equal upwards of $10k. Please feel free to comment and or suggest...

The same deal was offered to us in August 2011 -- forego Alaska on Regatta for a Vista on Marina in the Med. We jumped at it. True, we weren't that wild about Alaska although we would have liked to see it again, but most of the ports on the Med cruise were new to us. We paid a small penalty for changing our flights (NY to Vancouver with a return from LA to LA roundtrip) so that wasn't really a factor. We calculated that in effect we had a 50% discount by switching from the PH on Regatta to a Vista on Marina.

We loved the Vista and did not have a problem with motion although I do tend to be sensitive to that.

On our cruise we had about one day of rough weather but we didn't feel it any more in the Vista than others further down the line.

As others have said, if you want it -- don't take too long to decide.

Mura

I appreciated those who weighed in on my "dilemma"? We've chosen to stick with our Oceania suite and Caribbean Hideaways. We were fortunate enough to cruise the Mediterranean in 2011 (that's where we fell in love with aft suites). I'm hopeful we have many cruises ahead and just felt we needed this escape now. BTW, weatherman says 20" of snow for Friday so when I'm shoveling Saturday I'm pretty sure I will be able to do it with a smile! :D

For us, it was an easy choice because we were going from an "R" ship PH to a Marina Vista, quite an enormous difference just in the accommodations. (Besides, we hadn't been on Marina and were curious to try her out.)

And we actually preferred the new itinerary.

But if we'd been considering an upgrade from an OC to the Vista, unless the itinerary were VASTLY preferable -- we wouldn't have done it.

Keep the shovel handy. We may need it here in NYC ...

Mura

Archived