*~ Calling all Cruisers~* Anyone who went on the Carnival Fantasy? Tell me..read on..

fun!melis

Have you been on the Carnival Fantasy?

We are in a Grand suite and family of 4.

Tell me...........:DAnything:

Do you have a favorite place on the ship?

What is your favorite show on here?

Where is a good place to dance?

*And the trip is taking us to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and the bahamas

We never did a excursion other than reneted a golf cart on GT... Bahamas been there 3 times....... went to Atlatis.. Want something worth the money and fun for boys ages 14 and 9

All the help comments are needed wanted and GRATELY Thankful for!:p

We were on the Fantasy, but before refurbishing and addition of water slides.

Can't answer many of your questions, but be sure to check out the Cat Lounge (I don't know the name of it!) on the Boulevard. It was a cool place to take pictures. It has oversized household items and packaged products for furniture/decorations...as if you were the size of a cat! Very unusual!

Fantasy should also have a secret door to the forward deck area-- probably on the Verandah deck, since she's the same as Ecstasy.

Thanks Kim

We never did the sernity area.... I think we will this time. The kids are old enough we would let them go to the water slides with us just one level under them.. Hope adults dont mind them coming to check in:o

We loved the Serenity Deck on the Fantasy. Nice and relaxing and never really had a issue finding a lounger. There isn't really anything negative I can say about the Fantasy - we loved it!

Kim

We were just on the Fantasy in Feb. and my 9 year old spent most of her time at the waterslides, she loved it up there. As for Serenity, there is crew there stopping anyone younger from entering the area, so you would most likely have to get up and go over to the "entrance" of that area to check in with your kids, they won't be allowed to come to you. We saw that being enforced even late in the evening.

Have a great time, we had a blast on this ship!

We had a GS (U97) on Fantasy, and really enjoyed it. Just a hint - if your boys don't want to sleep "together" in the double pullout bed/sofa, you can get a cot/rollaway in your room. We did this, as one of my girls has "crazy legs" and would have kept the other up all night. The steward moved the cot to the side of the cabin each morning, and set it back up each night. We still had plenty of room to move around, even with the cot.

Our favorite places on all Fantasy Class ships are the two small decks just aft of the Lido Buffet. You go through the doors at the rear of either side of the buffet and find small decks with tables and chairs that overlook the Serenity Deck and the stern of the ship. It is out of the wind and is usually uncrowded. It is a great place for morning coffee or to read a book at any time of day.

Fantasy_Deck_4a.jpg

Good IDEA for this!!! Thank you so much!:eek:

My oldest son is both a kicker and well noise maker...........:rolleyes: So this is a great idea for them to get good sleep.

We had a GS (U97) on Fantasy, and really enjoyed it. Just a hint - if your boys don't want to sleep "together" in the double pullout bed/sofa, you can get a cot/rollaway in your room. We did this, as one of my girls has "crazy legs" and would have kept the other up all night. The steward moved the cot to the side of the cabin each morning, and set it back up each night. We still had plenty of room to move around, even with the cot.

Thanks for this as well because I was not sure. But we will be looking for them. ;)

We were just on the Fantasy in Feb. and my 9 year old spent most of her time at the waterslides, she loved it up there. As for Serenity, there is crew there stopping anyone younger from entering the area, so you would most likely have to get up and go over to the "entrance" of that area to check in with your kids, they won't be allowed to come to you. We saw that being enforced even late in the evening.

Have a great time, we had a blast on this ship!

GREAT for this one... We have been there. I loved this area! Thanks:D

Our favorite places on all Fantasy Class ships are the two small decks just aft of the Lido Buffet. You go through the doors at the rear of either side of the buffet and find small decks with tables and chairs that overlook the Serenity Deck and the stern of the ship. It is out of the wind and is usually uncrowded. It is a great place for morning coffee or to read a book at any time of day.

Fantasy_Deck_4a.jpg

Someone told me we have a unique suite u94 they said its a odd shape or something....... But WE are the happy bunch lol We love Our vacations:D

Thank you for these pics!

These first two photos are representative of what your grand suite may be laid out like (or a mirror image). Plenty of storeage -3 closets, dresser,small drawers at a makeup vanity plus night stands. I'd recommend the roll away too.

(2940784320103372150S500x500Q85.jpg

2493113850103372150S500x500Q85.jpg

We sailed her in November 2010 and August 2011. One of my favorite spots is on the promenade deck outside all the lounges and bars. There are some very comfortable chaise lounges that face lots of windows.

I also like the deck with the waterslides, in the back, as it overlooks the wake.

Shows? I think the comedy club was a favorite for our family. I enjoyed both production numbers, Ticket to Ride and Nightclub Express. We didn't go dancing so I can't answer that one. We also did the Chef's Table and Behind the Fun tour on our first cruise, and enjoyed both immensely.

The second cruise was the same itinerary you are doing. Get a cabana in HMC!! The snorkeling in Grand Turk was great.

I can't say anything bad about the Fantasy, other than I don't have a cruise booked on it right now. If you specific questions later, ask.

Edited to add, we did the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter on our first trip to Nassau. It was a bucket list item for me!

I was going to say "hey, read my review" but then I remembered you already had. :p

We are thinking of doing the 7 day in December to GT, HMC and Nassau.

I think for GT we plan on maybe renting golf carts for a little tour of the island and end up back at Jack's Shack. I also want to go to the swim up bar at Margaritaville, just to say I have been on a swim up bar. :rolleyes:

For HMC, lounging on the beach in a shady spot and lunch at the Carnival sponsored BBQ. Would love to do the horsey excursion but not sure if it is within our budget.

For Nassau, I really want to make it to Arawak Cay since I missed it last cruise and perhaps find a different beach to hang out at.

Favorite spots on board were the lido deck at the table and chairs in the shade by the window that opened and inside by the sushi place in the window seats. I wanted to try out one of the chaise loungers but feared that I would fall asleep and miss something important.:D

Oh, and dancing! I never went inside because this girl is NOT much of a dancer, but the Electricity Disco and Dance Club always seemed to be in full swing with everyone on the dance floor. Cat's Lounge too but Electricity was louder.

Oh yes wish the fantasy had chefs table I want to do the behind the fun tour not sure it does this either........:confused:

We sailed her in November 2010 and August 2011. One of my favorite spots is on the promenade deck outside all the lounges and bars. There are some very comfortable chaise lounges that face lots of windows.

I also like the deck with the waterslides, in the back, as it overlooks the wake.

Shows? I think the comedy club was a favorite for our family. I enjoyed both production numbers, Ticket to Ride and Nightclub Express. We didn't go dancing so I can't answer that one. We also did the Chef's Table and Behind the Fun tour on our first cruise, and enjoyed both immensely.

The second cruise was the same itinerary you are doing. Get a cabana in HMC!! The snorkeling in Grand Turk was great.

I can't say anything bad about the Fantasy, other than I don't have a cruise booked on it right now. If you specific questions later, ask.

Edited to add, we did the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter on our first trip to Nassau. It was a bucket list item for me!

BOOK IT FOR JUNE!!!! BDAY for us lol! ;):p:D

I was going to say "hey, read my review" but then I remembered you already had. :p

We are thinking of doing the 7 day in December to GT, HMC and Nassau.

I think for GT we plan on maybe renting golf carts for a little tour of the island and end up back at Jack's Shack. I also want to go to the swim up bar at Margaritaville, just to say I have been on a swim up bar. :rolleyes:

For HMC, lounging on the beach in a shady spot and lunch at the Carnival sponsored BBQ. Would love to do the horsey excursion but not sure if it is within our budget.

For Nassau, I really want to make it to Arawak Cay since I missed it last cruise and perhaps find a different beach to hang out at.

Favorite spots on board were the lido deck at the table and chairs in the shade by the window that opened and inside by the sushi place in the window seats. I wanted to try out one of the chaise loungers but feared that I would fall asleep and miss something important.:D

Oh, and dancing! I never went inside because this girl is NOT much of a dancer, but the Electricity Disco and Dance Club always seemed to be in full swing with everyone on the dance floor. Cat's Lounge too but Electricity was louder.

I was on the Fantasy last month (March 17, 2012). We (my dad and I) had a blast. We were in a porthole cabin on Riviera deck........we had an issue with our cabin that could have become a bad situation but we took our concerns to the proper party and it was taken care of.

I have been on 8 Carnival ships and we thought that this was the cleanest of any ship we had been on. The shows were awesome. We had late seating for dinner in the Jubilee dining room.

I hope you have as much fun as we did

Thanks for the comment........ Thats great to know!

:)

I was on the Fantasy last month (March 17, 2012). We (my dad and I) had a blast. We were in a porthole cabin on Riviera deck........we had an issue with our cabin that could have become a bad situation but we took our concerns to the proper party and it was taken care of.

I have been on 8 Carnival ships and we thought that this was the cleanest of any ship we had been on. The shows were awesome. We had late seating for dinner in the Jubilee dining room.

I hope you have as much fun as we did

Oh yes wish the fantasy had chefs table I want to do the behind the fun tour not sure it does this either........:confused:

Fantasy does have the Chef's Table--they even have it two nights if enough are signed up for it. We were scheduled for it last week, but DH was really seasick this cruise (never happened to him before in his life and he's been on lots of cruises and worked on an oil rig in his younger years), and we had to cancel. They did have it, though.

One other thing, I usually avoid the Serenity Deck on fantasy class ships--too crowded for me--but, I absolutely love the Verandah deck aft near the waterslides to lounge and hang out. It's two decks up from Serenity, though. Lido is between them. It's a great area of the ship to hang out. You'll love it.

A favorite place for me to read and enjoy coffee and journal in the mornings is on the Verandah deck forward near the ping pong tables. Just love that area, too.

Have a great cruise!

OH yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

:D

Fantasy does have the Chef's Table--they even have it two nights if enough are signed up for it. We were scheduled for it last week, but DH was really seasick this cruise (never happened to him before in his life and he's been on lots of cruises and worked on an oil rig in his younger years), and we had to cancel. They did have it, though.

One other thing, I usually avoid the Serenity Deck on fantasy class ships--too crowded for me--but, I absolutely love the Verandah deck aft near the waterslides to lounge and hang out. It's two decks up from Serenity, though. Lido is between them. It's a great area of the ship to hang out. You'll love it.

A favorite place for me to read and enjoy coffee and journal in the mornings is on the Verandah deck forward near the ping pong tables. Just love that area, too.

Have a great cruise!

Archived