Big groups on a cruise?

hehrball

I am booked on this cruise. I spoke to my pvp and she said the largest group is around 250. She also said a group of 2000 would be a partial charter and it shows up like that in her system. It sailing shows as open for her. She is doing some more checking and has passed it up the line at carnival. I am going to stay on top of this and will let everyone know what I find out.

If you think Carnival will be honest I have a ocean to sell you in Arizona. They don't won't to lose bookings, they will say oh it's not a large group, then when you get on you will know.Forewarned

Yep, I saw that too. Was weird.

As two adults cruising I wouldn't be as concerned about it as if I was cruising with children.

Still, as so many others have said, I wouldn't want to travel with such a large group monopolizing areas of the ship, no matter what the groups common ground was..

100 or so, fine, no problem. Hundreds or even a thousand or more, NO WAY:eek:

ETA me thinks that boats gonna be rockin' 24/7 even in the calmest of seas!!:rolleyes:

Children are far less of a worry then drunk adults, trust me even on a swingers cruise, I know.;)

Yep, I saw that too. Was weird.

As two adults cruising I wouldn't be as concerned about it as if I was cruising with children.

Still, as so many others have said, I wouldn't want to travel with such a large group monopolizing areas of the ship, no matter what the groups common ground was..

100 or so, fine, no problem. Hundreds or even a thousand or more, NO WAY:eek:

ETA me thinks that boats gonna be rockin' 24/7 even in the calmest of seas!!:rolleyes:

That was me, I was just trying to do the same thing, get info and other cruisers input on this as we are booked on this cruise!! Maybe I went about it in the wrong way. Suprised that this post hasen't been removed. Love all the info!! Still waiting to see what DH and I will do.

Our honeymoon cruise in October/November 2010 had a 600-person singles group on it and they never bothered us. They had their own private parties, and when we did see them out and about they were fun and friendly and not obnoxious at all.

I'm also worried about a large group being booked on my sailing. It is in April 2013 and the ship is quite booked for still being a year away. I spoke to 2 different customer service reps a month or so ago in regard to switching rooms and both commented on their surprise that the ship was so booked. Someone on our roll call also posted that several of the popular hotels in Miami are already sold out for the same time frame. Has me very worried :eek:

Recently found out about a HUGE group on our sailing. Grown and sexy group has a website but not going to put it on here. Has anyone ever sailed with this group the website says its an annual cruise. Is it as rowdy as it looks? People are backing out from the sailing because of this. Kinda nervous myself now.:confused:

Run , Run Away. They will ruin the cruise!

Our honeymoon cruise in October/November 2010 had a 600-person singles group on it and they never bothered us. They had their own private parties, and when we did see them out and about they were fun and friendly and not obnoxious at all.

This is a group that could be more then 2,000. DH and I have been on group cruises also and never had a problem. I'am sure this is a nice group and good times.. Just don't want to be part of it. Not my idea of a relaxing layed back vaca!!

2 of my 7 cruises have had large groups on them and it was not fun at all they took over the photo stations stood in the middle of isle with no reguard to other passenger .. any time there is a large goup of people they feel they own the place and can do and act any way they want too . They might be grown and sexy but they have kids that will probley be ignored because they are on there vacation and dont wanna be bothered with there kids .. I would run from this cruise as fast as i could ..

Just my humble opinion

I agree, they should definitely look them up! Especially if you have kids/tweens/teens travelling with you. Looks like some sort of a swingers club or something to that effect? I dont think I would like to be a ship with 2000 of them! JMO

Where did you get that idea?

Its an African American cruise. Thats all, according to what I read.

http://www.blackcruiseweek.com/grandsecr.html

Today, 08:45 AM

Atthew78 user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifPvp says no big groups

I am booked on this cruise. I spoke to my pvp and she said the largest group is around 250. She also said a group of 2000 would be a partial charter and it shows up like that in her system. It sailing shows as open for her. She is doing some more checking and has passed it up the line at carnival. I am going to stay on top of this and will let everyone know what I find out.

quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

Atthew78View Public ProfileFind all posts by Atthew78Add Atthew78 to Your Contacts

Not everyone will book with the group some will book on there own to get out of paying for the extra's that you get for being part of a group . so it might not look like a large group to your pvp .. Just somthing to think about

THought the same thing as the special "group rate" they are getting is close to double what we paid per person for our cruise.

uh yeah...I would be going crazy on CCL right now if they wanted to charge me anything to book a different cruise

I wouldn`t stop until I got someone who would help me.

Every manager has a manager....

Good luck

Where did you get that idea?

Its an African American cruise. Thats all, according to what I read.

http://www.blackcruiseweek.com/grandsecr.html

Not really sure what you are looking at but when I googled Grown and Sexy what came up was this:

"The Grown and Sexy Crew is an adventure travel, open lifestyle group of individuals that enjoy traveling together and the benefits of traveling as a group."

With warnings about sexual content and explicit videos with adult sexual content. I wouldnt click on any links but no where did it say anything about African Americans. The thing that is very telling are the words "open lifestyle".

Not really sure what you are looking at but when I googled Grown and Sexy what came up was this:

"The Grown and Sexy Crew is an adventure travel, open lifestyle group of individuals that enjoy traveling together and the benefits of traveling as a group."

With warnings about sexual content and explicit videos with adult sexual content. I wouldnt click on any links but no where did it say anything about African Americans. The thing that is very telling are the words "open lifestyle".

I got the same, also didn't click on any links, but it was pretty clear they are cozy with each other:eek:;)

ETA I googled it on my sons laptop & lets just say what pooped up made me roll my eyes that my search will now be in the history on his computer!! LOL

This group is definitely geared toward african americans.

I am going by the link I posted that shws the cruise.b maybe there is more than one group with the name. Did the group you read about indicate they are the same group I posted a link to? Just curious, as I'm sure the link I gave is the group on the cruise but I wonder if they are the same.

Sent from Tapa-Talk. Please forgive my brevity and lack of punctuation.

I'm pretty sure you found a different group now. The particular group on this cruise says this:

"About Black Cruise Week

Finally, a cruise event just for you. There are hundreds of cruise

events that take place each and every month which cater towards

many different interest, hobbies and cultures.

In the past, many traditional cruise lines lacked events that catered

toward the lifestyles and interest of the African American cruise

traveler.

A few years ago, the idea of the first major nationwide cruise event

for African Americans was born, launched and the final outcome

became a huge resounding success.

As the success with one cruise grew, it produced a demand for

black cruise organizers to provide themed cruises toward the

many different niches within the black traveling community.

Cruises for African Americans had jumped from one event to

dozens per year and is now growing at an astronomical rate.

Some of those unique events include black singles cruises, black

comedy cruises, black church cruises, black gay and lesbian

cruises, black college cruises, blacks over 40 cruises, black

leadership cruises, hip hop cruises, jazz/blues cruises and so

many more are on the way.

Black Cruise Week was created in 2005 by a group of travelers

who wanted to organize a website for African American cruise

enthusiast. We wanted to have a one stop shop and calendar so

that people could plan their year around their own personal

interest.

If you would like to join our group and get the weekly hotspots on

the hottest cruises and more then make sure you join our

newsletter.

Terrance

BlackCruiseWeek.com"

I am going by the link I posted that shws the cruise.b maybe there is more than one group with the name. Did the group you read about indicate they are the same group I posted a link to? Just curious, as I'm sure the link I gave is the group on the cruise but I wonder if they are the same.

Uh...from what came up on my search...well lets just say I am pretty much open to going on the cruise...but I think my wife won`t let me go ...lol

So unless the one you found is a choir group...cause this one is NOT

several people have posted other links about this cruise, but after some minor digging, i found grownandsexycruise dot com and you'll get the full story.

not something i'd like to participate in personally, but not to say they aren't within their rights to book a group cruise. although, that pvp that said there wasn't a group booked should be called on their lie, because that's just what it is, a lie.

several people have posted other links about this cruise, but after some minor digging, i found grownandsexycruise dot com and you'll get the full story.

not something i'd like to participate in personally, but not to say they aren't within their rights to book a group cruise. although, that pvp that said there wasn't a group booked should be called on their lie, because that's just what it is, a lie.

I went there and still found nothing indicating it was remotely sexual. Maybe you could link me because I am still not seeing it.

Uh...from what came up on my search...well lets just say I am pretty much open to going on the cruise...but I think my wife won`t let me go ...lol

So unless the one you found is a choir group...cause this one is NOT

Can you link it? Because I;m curious if you found THIS GROUP that is going on THIS cruise because the link I posted is definitely on the same cruise as OP but I could not find anything sexual about it.

Archived