Big groups on a cruise?

hehrball

Recently found out about a HUGE group on our sailing. Grown and sexy group has a website but not going to put it on here. Has anyone ever sailed with this group the website says its an annual cruise. Is it as rowdy as it looks? People are backing out from the sailing because of this. Kinda nervous myself now.:confused:

I don't know what kind of a group it is, but if it's huge I'd probably reschedule.

I just don't like to cruise with any large groups if I can help it.

Many times they have private functions which bar the other pax from using the space.

Most cruises will have "groups",,,99% of the time, you won't even know there are groups aboard.....however, if it's some sort of "specialty" group (and the name of your group seems a bit 'iffy'), then I wouldn't want to be on it, either!

and it is a huge group... sometimes up to 2000 book! There is one picture of all the people in their white shirts on the lido deck...

I would not want to cruise with this group or any other group as large.. they seem to take over the lido, the lounges. etc. etc. Yes, they are just having a good time... I have no problem with that.... its just... I would rather not be on a cruise where groups that take over venues including the lido deck...

I would also like to know where you find out about these large groups sailing. I do feel that when the groups are so large, you should be informed when you book... it could definelty affect a person's vacation...

How do you fine out if there is a group? There is a cruise i would like to do in Feb 2013 and bal cabins are sold out. Would love to fine group and beg them to let me go with them.

sometimes you can google the sail date and group cruise?

Just watched the grown and sexy video sales pitch for that cruise. I couldn't cancel fast enough!!!!

I am very upset with Carnival. We also cancelled and booked another cruise and were charged $100 to do so. We should at least be notified when there is a group taking over 2/3 of the ship. :confused:

Recently found out about a HUGE group on our sailing. Grown and sexy group has a website but not going to put it on here. Has anyone ever sailed with this group the website says its an annual cruise. Is it as rowdy as it looks? People are backing out from the sailing because of this. Kinda nervous myself now.:confused:

I checked this group out on Google-I would go to Carnival and say that you are concerned and want to switch. On Google, it actually warns you before you open up their website-which I did not.

and it is a huge group... sometimes up to 2000 book! There is one picture of all the people in their white shirts on the lido deck...

I would not want to cruise with this group or any other group as large.. they seem to take over the lido, the lounges. etc. etc. Yes, they are just having a good time... I have no problem with that.... its just... I would rather not be on a cruise where groups that take over venues including the lido deck...

I would also like to know where you find out about these large groups sailing. I do feel that when the groups are so large, you should be informed when you book... it could definelty affect a person's vacation...

I looked at their website when the OP previously posted and I agree with cruzn buckeye. There is always full ships and lots of people on the ship but that picture of that group on the Lido deck was just too many people in one place at the same time. People not in the group will get no where near it.

I know it could be difficult, but I would call Carnival and complain and switch my sailing if you are able. Thats just too much of a "group" for me.

Good luck

I looked at their website when the OP previously posted and I agree with cruzn buckeye. There is always full ships and lots of people on the ship but that picture of that group on the Lido deck was just too many people in one place at the same time. People not in the group will get no where near it.

I know it could be difficult, but I would call Carnival and complain and switch my sailing if you are able. Thats just too much of a "group" for me.

Good luck

yep, that is what i was talking about. I dont mind groups, but when they are this large, well... not for me... I hope those in the group have a great time... but I also hope that those not in this group, find out about it and make a decision based on their feelings of cruising with a large group that would basically take over all the venues.... personally, it would be worth it to me to lose the 100 deposit... and change...

Found this on Google

The Grown and Sexy Crew is an adventure travel, open lifestyle group of individuals that enjoy traveling together and the benefits of traveling as a group.

The Open Lifestyle would concern me. Especially if you are traveling with children.

Looked at this website and their trip is in Vegas not on a cruise so I'm not sure if this is your group.

Still concerns me if they are an associate of the group if its something national.

This group was mentioned on here a few days ago. The post was pulled. The poster used the name of the group like 4/5 times in their original 4/5 line post.

I do believe they were either trying to bring attention to the group, for benefit, or were trying to instigate some controversy.

This group was mentioned on here a few days ago. The post was pulled. The poster used the name of the group like 4/5 times in their original 4/5 line post.

I do believe they were either trying to bring attention to the group, for benefit, or were trying to instigate some controversy.

Yep, I saw that too. Was weird.

As two adults cruising I wouldn't be as concerned about it as if I was cruising with children.

Still, as so many others have said, I wouldn't want to travel with such a large group monopolizing areas of the ship, no matter what the groups common ground was..

100 or so, fine, no problem. Hundreds or even a thousand or more, NO WAY:eek:

ETA me thinks that boats gonna be rockin' 24/7 even in the calmest of seas!!:rolleyes:

Just look at the page and do what you like.

I agree, they should definitely look them up! Especially if you have kids/tweens/teens travelling with you. Looks like some sort of a swingers club or something to that effect? I dont think I would like to be a ship with 2000 of them! JMO

I am booked on this cruise. I spoke to my pvp and she said the largest group is around 250. She also said a group of 2000 would be a partial charter and it shows up like that in her system. It sailing shows as open for her. She is doing some more checking and has passed it up the line at carnival. I am going to stay on top of this and will let everyone know what I find out.

I have been on a cruise where there was a large group (fans of a little known band) and for the most part we didn't notice them, except on sea days when they took over the bars and one of the lounges--that was really the only downside. However, after looking at their promotional video for this group I would rebook, asap--my cruise wedding (15 people) is happening that week (different ship), but I would've taken the $50 pp hit to not cruise with a large group of what is more-or-less "Spring Breakin" adults. Also--way to advertise "NO PASSPORT REQUIRED!", but I guess they're also encouraging them to take Greyhound from Atlanta to the port.

Archived