Towel policy

tanelicus

New to NCL and trying to get this towel thing straight. Are there pool/beach towels provided in the room or do you have to sign them out somewhere? If they are provided in the room do you have to return them (wet) to the room, or can they be deposited in a 'bin' somewhere? If, for instance, they have a depository to drop them off when returning to the ship, how would the room steward know you didn't lose them? Why wouldn't someone just pick up a "chair hog's" towel and use it?

We put our used towels in the bathroom and our cabin steward would replace with clean ones.

If you can sign out as many towels as you want, that is great. I thought you got a towel in your stateroom and that was it and that you could exchange it for another single towel. Where do you get the towels? Can they be exchanged for clean, dry ones anytime? And with everyone having exactly the same towels, how can you be sure someone isn't going to walk away with yours?

And on DCL the price difference gets you more than unlimited, unregulated towels. We enjoy both lines for diff reasons but that's a whole other debate.

As has already been answered, no charge for pool towels and can be exchanged anytime on the pool deck. (unless it's a sea day, when for us on the Pearl there wasn't a single clean towel to be found after 3. :mad:)

However, of all the lines we've been on, those NCL green striped towels are the skimpiest, chinziest, ugliest of them all, so someone would have to be pretty desperate for towels at home to take one.

As has already been answered, no charge for pool towels and can be exchanged anytime on the pool deck. (unless it's a sea day, when for us on the Pearl there wasn't a single clean towel to be found after 3. :mad:)

However, of all the lines we've been on, those NCL green striped towels are the skimpiest, chinziest, ugliest of them all, so someone would have to be pretty desperate for towels at home to take one.

This is exactly what we found on the Spirit. By mid-day on the sea days, you'd be hard pressed to find a clean towel. And nope, those green striped towels would not be ones I'd want at home either. They're a bit scratchy.

RCI was the only line where I had to go to a certain deck to sign out towels for port days. All of the other lines I've been on have always just delivered them to our cabin.

What we have found with the last several cruises...

When we were on the Epic, in 2010 when she started sailing, they had brand new LUXURY, thick, NICE, towels. If you were to get one prior to being able to get to your stateroom once the rooms were ready, you had to check out the towels, sign a statement at the pool house and if you didn't return it to them by the last day, you were charged. They kept the paper work trust me.

On the Spirit, no big deal. No paperwork signed stating you would pay for the towel if you didn't return it.

On the Pearl last month, the room steward actually gave us extras every night. My daughter left hers up by the pool several times and they still brought her more. There was never and issue and no signing it out.

However, these other towels are nothing compared to the newer Epic towels. They are the regular smaller, thin green and white striped towels.

Just a thought. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

There is no comparison between DCL and NCL, as they are different products. On DCL you are paying for on board fireworks, characters, "free" soda, and the need to stand in line and wait for DD to see Belle and DS to see Mickey. I cruise DCL with the kids and we always have a great time (besides the fact I hate rotational dining and most MDR's on every ship I have ever been on). NCL does not tell me which restaurant which night and give me a number of times I am "allowed" to dine at Cagney's as DCL does with Palo.

I NEVER knew on NCL we got charged for lost towels:rolleyes:. It seems cheap, but I guess they have a reason. We have never been charged nor have we kept an eye on our them. Now I am gonna stress over the towels! :p

As far the the nickle and dime...NO. I pay for what I get and not everyone else.

The whole towel thing is about people taking advantage of the the system as it was. NCL doesn't care if you have 6 or 8 towels, they just want to you return them. People have been really careless in the past and just left them on whatever beach they were on for that day. Take out what you need, just return them so other people can use them after they are washed. People can be really disrespectful of others property when its not their own. For all those chair hogs, it would be interesting to see if NCL actually made people deposit for towels on their account. How many chair hogs would still just leave their towels for the day?

Archived