Towel policy

tanelicus

Never saile on NCL but I have given some thought to possibly sailing on a future cruise.

I have read a review that the pool towels cost extra money.

Is that true? Further concern, does NCL nickle and dime to death; meaning every little thing costs extra?

I don't understand the nickle and diming assessment. Everything you have to pay extra for on NCL (soda, spa, bingo, photos, etc.) is the same on the other mass market lines. I never felt nickle and dimed at all. There are a lot of specialty restaurants that cost extra, but you don't have to utilize them if you don't want. There is plenty of dining that is included with your fare. I sincerely don't feel like I spent more on NCL than I did on Royal at all.

You are only charged for the towels if you lose one, but I think that's the same on the other lines.

Like the previous posted said, towels are free unless you lose one. They're pretty easy to exchange either ith your steward or on the pool deck, too. I have not ever felt nickel & dimed by NCL. I pay for what I want to and plenty of things are included. Enjoy your vacation!

I don't understand the nickle and diming assessment. Everything you have to pay extra for on NCL (soda, spa, bingo, photos, etc.) is the same on the other mass market lines. I never felt nickle and dimed at all. There are a lot of specialty restaurants that cost extra, but you don't have to utilize them if you don't want. There is plenty of dining that is included with your fare. I sincerely don't feel like I spent more on NCL than I did on Royal at all.

You are only charged for the towels if you lose one, but I think that's the same on the other lines.

I read a review or two that seems to indicate alot of things are extra on NCL. However, I recognize that there are always people who want everything for free, and also expect it to be five star quality.

Not every other line. Pool towels are put out in bins on DCL- you are free to take as many as you want, as often as you need. I hate being restricted to one towel-a pet peeve of mine. Not looking forward to this aspect of NCL.

Why does one person need multiple towels? Are you building a fort?

You enjoy sitting on a wet towel? I like one to lay on and one to dry myself with when I get out of the water. Not much to ask for and I hate the cruise lines and resorts that are skimpy in this regard. Not a deal breaker or anything just annoying.

Not every other line. Pool towels are put out in bins on DCL- you are free to take as many as you want, as often as you need. I hate being restricted to one towel-a pet peeve of mine. Not looking forward to this aspect of NCL.

Why would you be restricted to one towel on NCL? :confused: NCL does not restrict you to one towel.

Just go to the towel exchange window and sign out as many towels as you want, problem solved.

NCL used to have the same policy, until on every cruise 100's of towels went missing. Now you can sign out as many as you want. You are responsible for them however. So if its any ones fault, its the towel thieves.

You are not restricted to one towel.

The subject of "Nickel & Dime" comes up every so often and as mentioned, all the cruise lines charge for certain things so NCL is no different. IMHO, I think people are actually referring to how much selling is going on. We've been on cruises where photographers were constantly in our faces and there were "sale" announcements all day in the atrium. And yet other cruises where there wasn't anywhere near the push. In either case, a simple "no thanks" is always enough.

Never saile on NCL but I have given some thought to possibly sailing on a future cruise.

Is that true? Further concern, does NCL nickle and dime to death; meaning every little thing costs extra?

If you lose a towel, you pay for it. This is standard practice on most every line I know of.

NCL is no different than the other cruise lines -- they all sell something. It is up to you to say yes or no.

Maybe this is why DCL is so expensive! :eek:

I haven't cruised NCL yet, but have with Princess and Carnival and had to pay for drinks, bingo, photo, and specialty restuarants (Princess), so I really don't think I'll be "nickled and dimed" at all on NCL.

More nonsense about NCL.

Of course NCL does not charge you for pool towels (unless YOU lose them - just like EVERY OTHER mid-range cruise line) .

And NCL charges you extra for EXACTLY the same things OTHER mid-range cruiselines charge you for. So they are NO more nickel and diming you than other cruiselines do.

If you don't want ANY extra charges - you must pay a LOT more and go with a luxury cruiseline.

It's amazing what people believe, read and "hear".

I totally agree with the towel policy...I have about 12 towels in my closet right now from various cruise lines and ships from throughout the years. :o I'm assuming I'm not the only one....

And if you're going to compare DCL, you could just pay about 100$ for 5 towels at the start of the cruise, and build your forts and what not...still come out far beneath what mickey's asking.

I totally agree with the towel policy...I have about 12 towels in my closet right now from various cruise lines and ships from throughout the years. :o I'm assuming I'm not the only one....

And if you're going to compare DCL, you could just pay about 100$ for 5 towels at the start of the cruise, and build your forts and what not...still come out far beneath what mickey's asking.

Why do you have the towels?

Why do you have the towels?

HAHA! I stole them! I know, terrible! I half-expected them to add the charges to my bill, but they never were...These were the days when they didn't seem to care about the towels...

Thats why I'm saying the policy makes sense. Too many people probably steal them (maybe it's just me...:o), and had they added charges to my bill, I would have been totally fine with paying 20$ for a souvenir towel.

NCL's policy is the same as X. You don't pay for your towels.

One thing, X is better to enforce its rule about people throwing their towels on deck chairs around the pool and not coming back for two hours. NCL does nothing, on X after 30 minutes the towel is removed by the steward.

More nonsense about NCL.

Of course NCL does not charge you for pool towels (unless YOU lose them - just like EVERY OTHER mid-range cruise line) .

And NCL charges you extra for EXACTLY the same things OTHER mid-range cruiselines charge you for. So they are NO more nickel and diming you than other cruiselines do.

If you don't want ANY extra charges - you must pay a LOT more and go with a luxury cruiseline.

It's amazing what people believe, read and "hear".

I didn't say that I believe what I have read. If I believed it, I wouldn't ask it. Just a question and not a flame. I like some of the ports they sail from, so it seems like a possible choice for a family cruise.

Due diligence my friend.

New to NCL and trying to get this towel thing straight. Are there pool/beach towels provided in the room or do you have to sign them out somewhere? If they are provided in the room do you have to return them (wet) to the room, or can they be deposited in a 'bin' somewhere? If, for instance, they have a depository to drop them off when returning to the ship, how would the room steward know you didn't lose them? Why wouldn't someone just pick up a "chair hog's" towel and use it?

Archived