All Things LEGEND

EMc&DrS

Is the Serenity area where the Unicorn pool is; the aft pool? Last time we sailed the Legend she did not have the Serenity area, and we are considering cruising her again next February. Thanks for the pictures!

Is the Serenity area where the Unicorn pool is; the aft pool? Last time we sailed the Legend she did not have the Serenity area, and we are considering cruising her again next February. Thanks for the pictures!

Yes, it is aft...

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

Just come back off the Legend 8th April, absolutely loved it, my review is now published on here and I need to find a place to upload the 225 photos I took!

Beautiful ship, staff are amazing, I had a 4k interior with french Door and it was a wonderful stateroom, will be booking again, hopefully for Europe in 2013.

I am getting so excited looking at all these pictures! We are sailing Legend in August, it just cant get here quick enough! I love that the decor is over the top, it is just as it should be on a cruise ship, it's one of the things that I love about cruising:)

This will be our second Carnival cruise, we loved the first one and are sure that we will love this one.

The legend is a wonderful ship and such a good bargain. I live in South Jersey and it is still cheaper to fly to Tampa and take the Legend then drive to the ports close to us and take those ships. We sailed her last August and my boys begged to back on her again this year... and we are!

cant wait to be on this ship in July. love the serenity area, however i did enjoy the nightime movies under the stars on some of the past cruises, carnival calls it seaside theater and the spirit class ships do not have it. I miss drive inn movies and there is nothing better than being outside ounder the stars watching a good movie on the big outdoor screen. wish the legend had this feature, i now a bunch of cruisers hate the big outdoor screens, im not one of them.....lol

We love this ship. We cruised her last June and we are going again this June.

Legend is so very easy to navigate. A majority of the indoor public rooms are on decks 2 and 3 (Promenade and Atlantic). You can get from one end of the ship to the other with our having to go up or down.

As mentioned, the sushi is very good. Served most evenings from 5 - 8pm. A great snack to hold you over before late seating dinner.

We would also visit the Odyssey Lounge right before dinner. You can sit at the bar and have a flight of Martini's. 4 for about $17 and you have about 20 to choose from. We did them all over the course of the cruise.

The adult comedy is very good.

The only small negative that we had was the lounge entertainment. Carnival seems to think that Karaoki is the only entertainment available. Also, a guy playing the guitar and singing to a recording machine isn't great entetainment either.

In 2009, we cruised on Inspiration. The Piano Bar guys was Barry Miller. He is so good and so fun that I would actually consider booking a cruise just for him. Last year on Legend, we walked into the Piano Bar. The piano guy there had no personality and was even confrontational with the guests. We left after about 5 minutes. The piano bar was closed the rest of the week. I hope they have a better one in June.

All in all, a great ship, great itinerary and great staff.

I am so glad to see that this ship has the serenity area. When looking at the deck plans on Carnival's website I didn't see it. This will be my second time on the Legend. I loved it the first time and am looking forward to visiting her again. When I was on her before, NO-ONE was ever in the Enchanted Forest. It was absolutely my 2nd favorite place to read....first was my balcony.

EMc&Drs thanks so much for starting this thread. I enjoyed reading your Dream review (novel)!!! Do you plan on writing about the Legend? Hoping you say yes :o... Dec is a long ways away. Sea ya

Thanks for taking the time to read the novel! Haven't decided about writing another one, but I'm sure I'll at least post some photos.

Thanks to everyone who helped get this thread going--keep the fantastic pictures and suggestions coming!

Where in South Jersey and when did you book for? We are originally from Cape May County but have been living in Georgia for about 10 years. We are on the Legend Oct. 14 this year along with other ex Jersey's and another couple.

I was on this ship last September and just loved it, going back late September again. Can someone confirm Wee Jimmy is no longer cruise director? We really enjoyed him and I was looking forward to seeing him again. Also the asst Meagan was wonderful, anyone know if she is still on board? This ship is big enough to be fun but small enough to find your way around and meet up with the same people all week. The decor is just right and the staff real friendly. We also booked our first 4K instead of a Balcony so would love to hear about them. It looks like it is right between 2 lifeboats so hope we have a little view.

I was on this ship last September and just loved it, going back late September again. Can someone confirm Wee Jimmy is no longer cruise director? We really enjoyed him and I was looking forward to seeing him again. Also the asst Meagan was wonderful, anyone know if she is still on board? This ship is big enough to be fun but small enough to find your way around and meet up with the same people all week. The decor is just right and the staff real friendly. We also booked our first 4K instead of a Balcony so would love to hear about them. It looks like it is right between 2 lifeboats so hope we have a little view.

Come on over and join the roll call here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1556777

We love this ship. We cruised her last June and we are going again this June.

Legend is so very easy to navigate. A majority of the indoor public rooms are on decks 2 and 3 (Promenade and Atlantic). You can get from one end of the ship to the other with our having to go up or down.

As mentioned, the sushi is very good. Served most evenings from 5 - 8pm. A great snack to hold you over before late seating dinner.

We would also visit the Odyssey Lounge right before dinner. You can sit at the bar and have a flight of Martini's. 4 for about $17 and you have about 20 to choose from. We did them all over the course of the cruise.

The adult comedy is very good.

The only small negative that we had was the lounge entertainment. Carnival seems to think that Karaoki is the only entertainment available. Also, a guy playing the guitar and singing to a recording machine isn't great entetainment either.

In 2009, we cruised on Inspiration. The Piano Bar guys was Barry Miller. He is so good and so fun that I would actually consider booking a cruise just for him. Last year on Legend, we walked into the Piano Bar. The piano guy there had no personality and was even confrontational with the guests. We left after about 5 minutes. The piano bar was closed the rest of the week. I hope they have a better one in June.

All in all, a great ship, great itinerary and great staff.

4 matinos for $17...wow...is that the only bar that has this deal?

LOL. I had to look at your signature to see when--we're on the sailing before yours. :D

I know!!! Wish I was on that sailing, I miss my Magic friends. but baby daughter is graduating from high school next June so had to settle for July. I still snoop daily on your roll call though:D

I know!!! Wish I was on that sailing, I miss my Magic friends. but baby daughter is graduating from high school next June so had to settle for July. I still snoop daily on your roll call though:D

You guys had quite a group on your Magic cruise. I'm looking forward to getting to know those who are on our sailing. Feel free to lurk away. I'm sure you've seen our website then--maybe you can get some ideas for your cruise from there! :D

My girl's graduating HS next June--this trip is in celebration. Yay!