luggage valet/check

honeymooner16

We are sailing to Alaska on Infinity out of Seattle next month and I was curious if anyone had any experiences checking their luggage early at the pier? How early is this available? We are arriving in Seattle the night before and would love to drop off our luggage as early as possible to go explore (We are from the east coast, so we will be up VERY early Seattle time!).

Also, has anyone used the luggage valet at the end of the cruise? Do you just put your bags out on the last night and you see them again when you arrive at your home airport? Is it reliable? How expensive is it? Thanks!

This is for our honeymoon, and will be my future-husband's first real vacation ever! :)

We were on a 14 night Alaska cruise last year on Holland and used the service to deliver our luggage to the Seattle airport. Holland calls their service "Luggage Direct" It worked perfectly. The service also obtains your boarding passes and they are on your bed the night before debarkation and they pay your luggage fees to the airline. The fees are charged to your on board account. We then took a cab to the airport with our carry on and when we arrived in Chicago our luggage came off the plane. I am not sure how the service works if a person is not a U.S. citizen and has to deal with immigration and customs as a non citizen.

We plan to use that service in the future when ever it is offered. We are on a Celebrity cruise out of Lauderdale next year and we will use the service.

I don't know how early you can drop off bags before a cruise. The earliest we have dropped off luggage was about 10:30. Before that I think you would run the risk of it getting mixed up with departing passengers luggage.

Hope this helps, George and Louise in Sun City Huntley Il

We used the luggage valet service last year after our cruise. It works beautifully and I will use it every time if it is available. Great to know you don't have to deal with all of that until you get to your final destination. No problems with the luggage all arriving the same time we did.

I would love to use this valet service when we arrive in port of San Diego.

I have read on other threads on the topic that not every Celebrity cruise offers this service. And that you need 25 people to use this service when it is offered while you are on board. It is not advertized very well by Guest Relations.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

I have not seen anything on the Celebrity site about this service.

They don't say much about it but you'll find this statement:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/singleColLanding.do?pagename=onboard_outstanding_service

Since their most recent website "upgrade" I can no longer access the FAQ but there used to be more details there. Try searching for "luggage valet" in the FAQ

Basically what you have been told is right -- not all airlines participate, your flight must be within certain time parameters, even if your airline does participate and your flight is within the right time frame, TSA might still reject you. But if it works for you, it's a great service.

I have not used "Luggage valet" with Celebrity but have used it many times with Royal Caribbean and it worked perfectly. Your airline must be a participant and your fight must leave in a certain time frame. For example after 11:30 AM in Ft Lauderdale. The boarding passes were delivered the night before. We put out our luggage on the ship and never saw it again until we landed at our home airport. Well worth the $20 PP.

Archived