Same question-different Princess answer

ss475

1. Can you carry over a shipboard credit on a back to back cruise?

2. On a 14 day cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Ft.Lauderdale to Ft. Lauderdale do you get credit for one cruise or two cruises?

3. On saved cruises on Princess personalizer, why do outside cabins have higher prices than balcony cabins?

4. For Elite passengers, do you get a bar setup on a 4 day cruise?

5. For Elite passengers, can you trade all of your liquor and soda for

b--w----r beer?

6. For Elite do you get a $20 shipboard credit after 20 cruises? If so, is that per person, or per cabin?

What has been your experience?

2. On a 14 day cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Ft.Lauderdale to Ft. Lauderdale do you get credit for one cruise or two cruises?

1./2. Depends on how you booked it. If booked as a single 14 day cruise shipboard credit and cruise credit would be for the whole thing, right?

3. On saved cruises on Princess personalizer, why do outside cabins have higher prices than balcony cabins?

Haven't seen this.

5. For Elite passengers, can you trade all of your liquor and soda for b--w----r beer?

Liquor can be traded on an item to item basis for anything else in the package. Soda cannot be traded for alcoholic drinks.

I can answer a few of these:

It depends. If you're booked as two separate cruises, then no, you can't. You can carry over your balance, though. It used to be automatic; now I believe you have to personally go to the PSD and tell them that you want your balance carried over, or it won't be.

If you're booked as one 14-night cruise, then you'll get just one set of OBCs and I believe there will be no need to contact the PSD.

It depends whether you booked as one 14-night cruise or two 7-night cruises.

I don't know for sure. I've never seen prices on my cruise personalizer.

I believe you do.

5. For Elite passengers, can you trade all of your liquor and soda for b--w----r beer?

You can trade your liquor for beer and one brand of beer for some others.

6. For Elite do you get a $20 shipboard credit after 20 cruises? If so, is that per person, or per cabin? What has been your experience?

It's $25 per cabin after your 20th cruise.

5. For Elite passengers, can you trade all of your liquor and soda for

b--w----r beer?

6. For Elite do you get a $20 shipboard credit after 20 cruises? If so, is that per person, or per cabin?

Sometimes they have advertised specials such as get a balcony for the same price as an ocean view. If you watch the prices like I do you will come to realize that this is just a big marketing scam. They temporarily raise the price of an ocean view room higher than the balcony. In turn this shifts the sales so that the balcony rooms which may not be selling fill up and it gives the illusion to most that do not monitor price that they are getting a deal. It also creates a sense of urgency to book before the sale ends. Also on certain itineraries you may not be able to use a balcony due to weather conditions or if it is port intensive passengers may prefer to use the extra money that they save on an ocean view for excursions. In these cases the ocean view room will sell better than a balcony.

This link has all the answers to this question and explains that it is per household and the amount is shared by the husband and wife.

http://content.princess.com/princess/?jlxQ.O8X35o-Q.6SJCc.WsMjlg84mIQPj

Sometimes they have advertised specials such as get a balcony for the same price as an ocean view. If you watch the prices like I do you will come to realize that this is just a big marketing scam. They temporarily raise the price of an ocean view room higher than the balcony. In turn this shifts the sales so that the balcony rooms which may not be selling fill up and it gives the illusion to most that do not monitor price that they are getting a deal. It also creates a sense of urgency to book before the sale ends. Also on certain itineraries you may not be able to use a balcony due to weather conditions or if it is port intensive passengers may prefer to use the extra money that they save on an ocean view for excursions. In these cases the ocean view room will sell better than a balcony.

Ok… I just checked the saved cruises in my personalizer and yes the obstructed ocean view is a ridiculous price of $1299 for a 7 day Caribbean cruise. When I attempt to book the cruise the prices revert back to normal making the Mini Suite $1299. It must be a glitch in the system. But I have seen what I posted above happen in the past.

I can answer a few of these:

It depends. If you're booked as two separate cruises, then no, you can't.

Is that for all OBC's. We received a large OBC from something that happened on a past cruise and it was to apply for or must be used by our 28 day cruise a year from now. But we are doing a b2b2b this fall and I'd really like to use some of it for these cruises. We will have other OBC's for the 28 day one and are not planning to do any ship excursions and may not use it all up. Are you able to call and ask for part of the OBC to be applied to a certain cruise? thanks

If it's that kind of OBC, left unspent there will be a credit balance at the end of the first cruise. You can ask for the credit balance to be carried over, or ask for it back in cash.

An OBC like the one you have will have been assigned a number, 6 or 7 digits I think, in your CC account. Princess then shows it applied to a specific booking number. I'm not certain they could split one OBC number among two booking numbers.

This link has all the answers to this question and explains that it is per household and the amount is shared by the husband and wife.

http://content.princess.com/princess/?jlxQ.O8X35o-Q.6SJCc.WsMjlg84mIQPj

Depends on your definition of sharing.

100% of that OBC will be placed into one of the two onboard accounts. The other account will receive $0 of it.

It will up to the owner of the lucky account to share this with his/her partner.

Archived