Confused by 2012 Sea Express Schedule

alwalaska

On the Sea Express web site, they have a full schedule and what they call the one page schedule for 2012 summer hours.

The schedules seem to have 2 different times on them though. Which one should I make my plans around?

They are http://www.seaexpress.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_13212_283_1766_43/http%3B/ptpublisher.gov.bm%3B7087/publishedcontent/publish/ministry_of_tourism_and_transport/sea_express/dept___seeaexpress__ferry_schedule_new/summer_schedule_2012__web_.pdf

with boats leaving the dockyard at 8, 9, and 9:30 am

and the other listed here with boats leaving at 8:30, 9, and 9:30.

http://www.seaexpress.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_13212_283_1766_43/http%3B/ptpublisher.gov.bm%3B7087/publishedcontent/publish/ministry_of_tourism_and_transport/sea_express/dept___seeaexpress__ferry_schedule_new/2012_single_sheet_schedule_web_.pdf

The single sheet also has additional boats on Weds for Harbour Nights.

Which one should I believe?

Probably no one who posts here knows which one is correct yet. This is the first time I've seen the one page version. The additional Harbour Nights service aside (which presumably is correct), the only apparent difference is whether there's a run a 8 or 8:30 am to Hamilton.

I also noted a couple of other differences...including the fact that some of the ferries on the single sheet schedule were listed as not allowing motor bikes. This leads me to believe they have added some runs on types of ferries other than the high speed catamarans. Some or all of the extra runs might be on the large tender Bermudian, which has been used at Dockyard to provide supplemental service in the past, and is no longer needed to provide tender service from the Veendam's anchorage near St. George's to that town, as the Veendam is only docking in Hamilton this year.

I also noted a couple of other differences...including the fact that some of the ferries on the single sheet schedule were listed as not allowing motor bikes. This leads me to believe they have added some runs on types of ferries other than the high speed catamarans. Some or all of the extra runs might be on the large tender Bermudian, which has been used at Dockyard to provide supplemental service in the past, and is no longer needed to provide tender service from the Veendam's anchorage near St. George's to that town, as the Veendam is only docking in Hamilton this year.

That would be nice to have an additional ship running service if that is true. Since the single sheet came out later, I am hoping it is more correct since it will help us a couple of times if it is correct.

• 4 weeks later...
Is there anyone on Bermuda now who can answer this?

j

Not completely. When we got there, on the walls by the ports, they had the long version posted. They were handing out the one page schedule.

I did learn that there are multiple docks in Hamilton and you need to be at the correct dock at the time when it comes in. There are people at the docks to help you out usually.

There were late ferries on Wednesday for the Hamilton Nights.

If a ferry is early, it seems to wait until the scheduled time, but there was one ferry running over 45 minutes late on Wed by 5pm when we were returning from Hamilton. We ended up going back to the Dockyard by way of Rockaway.

Also, one thing I did not know - a 2 day pass is 2 consecutive days, so we could not use them Wed and Friday. Had to be Wed and Thur or Thur and Fri.

I'm not quite home yet, but I'm happy to try and answer other questions for you if I see them.

We are on the 5/27 Summit cruise and someone posted about the ferry schedule discrepancies. I was asked to post the info I received on this board.

I have just had this reply from Alison Outerbridge from the Hamilton Visitor Information Centre, Bermuda Chamber of Commerce:

The first ferry departs Dockyard at 7.30 am. The single sheet is a schedule which runs whilst ships are in port.

Best,

Alison

-------

Good to know! :)

BTW, she is a fabulous resource for any questions you may have. Found her email on TripAdvisor. It is:

alicatbda@yahoo.com

How was the Harbor Nights celebration?

We didn't go, but other people from CC on our cruise said that it wasn't that interesting and that they only stayed a short time. It could have been because our cruise was still VERY early in the season, but there were 3 ships in Bermuda that week and the Star was filled to capacity.

Archived