Westerdam Panama Canal April 29, 2012

dmwnc1959

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the screen grabs! It was a long, very busy day for me at the computer (nine hours) watching as the four ships transited and posting on the four forums.

Not many more 'cruises' to go before the Panama Canal season is over. :(

Whoa, you're one busy person with photography and putting the pix online for us! Thank you. I especially enjoyed them as I was on a Statendam eastbound transit in January. It was such an experience, and one day I'd like to go westbound, too. Enjoy the rest of your cruise, you still have some fascinating ports and then San Diego. It will be refreshing weather here next week for you. Are you continuing up to Vancouver?

That was really cool that the web cam from Princess was showing both HAL and Celebrity.

It did make for an interesting perspective of the other ships didn't it, one rarely seen. Very few times have I seen it to where four ships transited on the same day. It was fun to watch! :D

Whoa, you're one busy person with photography and putting the pix online for us! Thank you. Enjoy the rest of your cruise, you still have some fascinating ports and then San Diego. It will be refreshing weather here next week for you. Are you continuing up to Vancouver?

You know all the 'Sailaway' threads you see on the HAL Boards here where people are scattered all across the world watching the Fort Lauderdale webcam as the ships leave? That's what I am doing here with the Panama Canal web cams, watching from West Virginia and posting the screen images so those who don't have the chance to get to see it online as it happens to comeback and see them later.

I'm not actually on the ship. ;)

Awesome pics!

Honestly, it is amazing how such large craft navigate our various canals. If I was @ the helm they'd definitely need some "curb feelers" or I'd be leaving layers of paint behind!

Derek

It did make for an interesting perspective of the other ships didn't it, one rarely seen. Very few times have I seen it to where four ships transited on the same day. It was fun to watch! :D

You know all the 'Sailaway' threads you see on the HAL Boards here where people are scattered all across the world watching the Fort Lauderdale webcam as the ships leave? That's what I am doing here with the Panama Canal web cams, watching from West Virginia and posting the screen images so those who don't have the chance to get to see it online as it happens to comeback and see them later.

I'm not actually on the ship. ;)

I was wondering how much you were paying for 9 hours online posting photos on the ship! :eek: Thanks for clarifying...

• 1 month later...

My wife and I were on the Westerdam for the Panama Canal cruise at the end of April and beginning of May. I shot lots of pictures during the voyage. I also set my computer at home up to capture the webcams the day we went through the canal. I made several time lapse movies from them. You can see all of my pictures and the time lapse movies on my web site at http://billhall.net/?p=665

Bill

Thank you for posting your photos. DW and I are going on the Westerdam in March next year for our Panama Cruise and I really appreciate getting a great idea of what to expect through the input of others on Cruise Critic.

Your pictures give us a true impression of what to look forward to.

Thanks again.

Thank you for posting your photos. DW and I are going on the Westerdam in March next year for our Panama Cruise and I really appreciate getting a great idea of what to expect through the input of others on Cruise Critic.

Your pictures give us a true impression of what to look forward to.

Thanks again.

Great! Glad they helped you. I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did ours.

BTW, we were code red the whole voyage due to 3% of the passengers being ill with the Norwalk virus.That meant that the crew served us at all the buffets and they had hand sanitizer everywhere. But we kept hour hands clean and were unaffected.

Bill

we were on the cruise as well... You have just made it so easy for me to not organize my digital memories.... :)

Dennis

Now, now, don't be lazy! :) Besides, you probably got some stuff I missed.

Archived