Favorite Port? Cast your vote!

MomofBoyz

I've gotten hooked on Port Canaveral because the service is so spotless, terminals side up to parking and everything well marked, great employees and easy on and off the highway.

I can only compare to Miami, Charleston and Jacksonville BUT I must say, love the PC!

Just curious, anyone else have an opinion...and why?

We have cruised from NYC many times, Miami & Bayonne several times, also Philly & PC 1x each. NO real complaints about any, but I would say the most seamless and easy were PC & Bayonne. NYC is our least favorite really, it is just a pain to get to and parking is ridiculous if you choose to drive to the pier.

Any cruise port is a good cruise port though!

I'm voting for San Diego or Long Beach, for no other reason than I don't have to fly!

Ditto. LB is 1 hr driving time (or I can take public transportation for about $20 RT). SD is only 2.5 hours away. Also, can get cheap parking $8/day in SD.

Favorite....Galveston.....just love the pre cruise visit and people were plenty nice. Embarkation was pretty quick too!

Least favorite....Charleston....maybe it's improved since 2010 but waiting in the hot sun in a parking lot before being herded onto buses to get to the "temporary" building to present documents is not my idea of seamless!

Yes, Fort Lauderdale is the best!! The airport is a breeze, and we love to stay at the Hyatt Place. We also like to go on the water taxi while we are in FLL. Love walking to the nearby stores also.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

We have sailed from NYC, Brooklyn, Bayonne, Baltimore, Boston. By far the best experience was from Brooklyn! Although NYC is expensive to park, it is very smooth~ The WORST one was Bayonne! What could be a 5 minute walk to the ship, they make you take these shuttle buses! OK when you board, but when you do self-disembark, it is truly a pain! We asked if we could walk to the terminal with our luggage and the porter told us "no it's a union thing!"

Our favorite so far has been Miami. We like cruising out of New Orleans as well. Cruising down the Mississippi is such a different experience, especially after dark when you are really in the "backwoods." Our least favorite is Galveston simply because its the Gulf and it's so dang dirty, but Galveston is one of the closest ports(along with New Orleans) to us.

Did not think about my least favorite but I will ditto Charleston. Not set up for cruisers like the others.

Reading this makes me think I'll try Everglades next if it suits our other preferences... Sounds great!

Galveston, since the Magic arrived embarkation and debarkation are easy. Parking is priced low compared to other home ports, the Island is great to visit. But most of all the terminal is 1.5 miles from our house! :D

Least favorite Miami. It always seems confusing when we sail from there. :(

I vote none of the above. Every port we have sailed from has been a complete and total nightmare. Just glad the pain goes away quickly once onboard.

Port least likely to wish i was dead is probably Los Angles on Princess.

San Diego would be my first choice only because you can get up in the morning at the Holiday Inn and watch your ship come in... lol

Galveston, Port Everglades and Port Canaveral were all easy enough too

Hugh in Dallas

Least favorite....Charleston....maybe it's improved since 2010 but waiting in the hot sun in a parking lot before being herded onto buses to get to the "temporary" building to present documents is not my idea of seamless!

:o Agree! Hate saying this ... but Charleston is rather awful!

Port Canaveral followed closely by Tampa.

The best thing about Port Canaveral is the way you collect your luggage AFTER you clear customs. Don't have to drag it all thru the lines with you. Haven't tried Port Everglades or Miami yet, but we will'' be on the Freedom out of Port Everglades on 6/2/2012.

Archived