Alternative to Rum Runner, Look!

alexieb

I found these at Sports Authority. Very similar to the rum runner. Going to try it out on Saturday when I board the Liberty!

Eddie Bauer has something very similar to this. They're actually collapsible water bottles. I don't recall the price though.

I bought something similar from 5 below for like 2 bucks each. Filled up three of em the night before boarding in Port Canaveral. Put one in each suitcase. Didn't leak, no problems at all. All three made it through just fine!

Tip: Don't over-fill them so they still "collapse" a bit.

We saw these when I was buying my cruise veteran 11 year old new baseball cleats at sports authority. He saw them and said, "Hey, Mom, look, they sell rum runners with a clip."

Guess watching Mom, Grandma and Auntie make our nightly pre dinner drink hasn't gone unnoticed...

That is hilarious! And here I felt bad for hiding small bottles of kahlua in my 11year old's shoes. ;)

I'm missing something. Why would you bother? Rum runners are so easily available and affordable and DO NOT LEAK so why would you want to get these, double bag to be sure they don't explode on your stuff, etc.? Just stick with the tried and true RR.

My thoughts too. RR have never leaked for us and we've used them 8 times on different lines and twice on S. Caribbean w/ airline travel.

I bought one from 5 below the other day for my November cruise! Glad to know that you didn't have a problem getting them through. Maybe I'll go pick up a couple more :rolleyes:

Dont all attack me at once.....but i cant believe how many people smuggle alcohol?!?!?!

How does security not see the containers of liquid in the suitcase and take them out?

The clear bladders (Rum Runners, etc.) are virtually "invisible" when x-rayed. 2,500 passengers x 2 suitcases each = 5,000 suitcases to be checked = odds are, it's going to make it through. Now, they will notice things like cans of beer and 64 oz bottles of "Listerine" because those are just obvious ;).

I'm missing something. Why would you bother? Rum runners are so easily available and affordable and DO NOT LEAK so why would you want to get these, double bag to be sure they don't explode on your stuff, etc.? Just stick with the tried and true RR.

Because my cruise leaves the day after tomorrow. I am a single mom/full time student and I never got around to ordering them online.

Eddie Bauer has something very similar to this. They're actually collapsible water bottles. I don't recall the price though.

I bought one at Eddie Bauer and I think it was around $10.00. It was for my son who was going back packing through Europe so I couldn't tell you if it leaked or not but he never complained about it so I assume it was OK..

• 2 weeks later...

So I am back from our cruise and I used two of those bottles and had no problem what so ever smuggling it in my suitcase. I made sure I double bagged it, but there was no leakage either. I also stuffed a bottle of chardonnay in my son's suitcase and that got on too with no problems.

Archived